Meet the Modders

Can we call you a young upstart?

You young upstart, don't patronise me by saying 'could' instead of 'can'.

btw do you have a job for me?

You young upstart, don't patronise me by saying 'could' instead of 'can'.
The word you're searching for is "may". Quinzy says it's possible, you say you have the ability to - which you already possessed without his permission. "May" indicates permission. May I recommend Fowler to you both? My dissertation advisor recommended it as an excellent reference for writing proper academic English.

Well, I might, if you have one for me :D A trade is always an option ;)
Hmm, what can you do?
The word you're searching for is "may". Quinzy says it's possible, you say you have the ability to - which you already possessed without his permission. "May" indicates permission. May I recommend Fowler to you both? My dissertation advisor recommended it as an excellent reference for writing proper academic English.
I'm not searching for any words y'know. As for Fowler, I think that's not a worthy career choice, I don't know how to handle falcons.

Blue:
You may, and did.

I'll look in to it, surely :)

Tak:
Well, I can do history? :D
I currently work as an event steward. Not exactly regular work, but it pays the rent, just about. :)

Who's Nlue? Hope you're helping on the right events. :p

Just wrote another story, the fifth i kept these last ten days...

It is titled "Notes under the great building", and it is about a person who narrates his life, which consists of what he terms as "love of ugliness". Soon he goes on to mention how systematically he tortured a small dog he had bought, in the end abandoning it in a solitary field outside his university. But the dog might have returned, giving him a moment of extreme horror.
It may all have been a strange series of coincidences of course. But it stuck to memory.

I like the work :) I am happy to be producing so many new pieces these days...

Excellent news Kyriakos :) I'd love to read some of your stuff. You mentioned Kafka as an influence on your work once, which piques my interest.

More news on my course; I was offered the opportunity to teach tutorials. I am to confirm this in the department tomorrow.

Yes, I'm rather nervous. But, as the department said, we were all beginners once. :)

I might be able to get a teaching scholarship for a PhD out of it too.

More news on my course; I was offered the opportunity to teach tutorials. I am to confirm this in the department tomorrow.
Yes, I'm rather nervous. But, as the department said, we were all beginners once. :)

I might be able to get a teaching scholarship for a PhD out of it too.
When that happens it will be confirmation that someone influential in the department not only thinks you're an excellent doctoral candidate but that they want to see you as a professor somewhere. :goodjob:

Yay I've got a tutor! Oh wait…

Spoiler :
:joke:

Welp, sure it's a good thing, etc. etc., but just think of all the essays I have correct. :(

Top Bottom