Meet the Modders

Better?

Congrats on the publication Kyriakos - very cool! :goodjob:
Yes thanks. nice pics. Congratulations on the addition to the family.

The posse out for a little celebration in April. Got me cornered, as usual.

Spoiler :

Thanks BM and WW, my girls are the main thing keeping me away from working more on Modzilla.

BM I see you are at Buca di Beppo. Food there is decent but the family style dining and atmosphere make it a pretty fun place for those special occassions.

Congrats on joining the workforce WW!

BM I see you are at Buca di Beppo. Food there is decent but the family style dining and atmosphere make it a pretty fun place for those special occassions.
A couple of those O.G.s (the single guys on the right in the photo) are just taking their training wheels off when it comes to dining. Starting them off with Lucille's (fine BBQ) & "Joe's Garage". We're trying to break them in easy before unloading the real treats - like a local Indian restaurant that I'd rate on a par with some of the places around St. Marks Place (East village, Manhattan). Hopefully they'll turn into princes - instead of frogs - before too long. :lol:

It seems that i will be making some gfx for the Age of Empires II mod Age of Chivalry (or related mods).

It will allow for more detailed textures in the larger size.

This looks likely to be my first building there:

Try another thread like "The Writer's Chamber" or "a happy/sad development" or as a post in a social group or use it as a test in "Study needed- greatest practical city size" so it is C3 related ...

You've done an excellent job of introducing yourself here. People have met you in this thread and will have a fair idea about where to look for your posts. ;)

It appears that i can mention, on the other hand, something relevant to my literature :)

Well i entered a few weeks ago one of my short stories into a literary competition. The first results will be announced in the beginning of August.

The story is about someone who has shipwrecked in life, after barely managing to graduate from his university, and always was one who was running away from problems.
One night, as he was reading a book, he hears a noise from the balcony. Then someone appears to be running there, causing him to become very frightened.
It turns out it was a vision, the running man symbolized the narrator, like him the running man kept running from one small place (here a balcony) to the next, leaving behind his past, never resolving any issue.

It is a gloomy story but i have hope it might do well, who knows.

The story begins with the realization of what the vision was about, since like in all of my stories it is written in first person, as notes of the narrator.

It is not clear, however, if much will change. The narrator understands that the vision/hallucination was meant to inform him of his obvious wrong moves in life, but maybe it is too late for him to change something substantial.

Why don't you try writing in the second person?

Finally returned to my writing yesterday night and wrote 10 pages of something.
It is not my best, and it was a variation of an older idea i once wrote, but it is still something.

Centered mostly on a Jacques Callot print of a satanic goat. Unfortunately i could not find it online, which is rather strange.

The story is about a single event, or at least that single event is the only thing which (probably) is real, to the narrator. That was the sudden scream of a girl in a dorm, when faced with something opposite her, where there was the supposedly open door of another student's room.

However the story goes back one month, at one night when the person living in that room told the narrator of a strange plot in one of his dreams, and also of his old recollections of a person who wanted to bring a demon to life.

Currently on a progressing diet...

Spoiler for large pic:

Spoiler :

And some more literary news: the lit mag sent me an edited version of my story. I guess this means they will most probably go on and publish it, and this makes me happy. I did not really like the changes they made, but they were not that invasive, so i don't mind in the end :)

Top Bottom