Vincentz Infinite Projects [VIP MOD]

Downloaded mod, looks interesting..will advise if any issues arise. Thanks for the effort. :goodjob:
Edit: just started..nice tunes. :hatsoff:

New Corporation Pictures (Wonder Movies when founding a corporation)

And who wouldn't want to wear the Emperors Clothing (TM). Spun of the finest silk and woven with strings made out of the purest gold.
(Hands not included in purchase)

"...they made people believe that they were weavers, and declared they could manufacture the finest cloth to be imagined. Their colours and patterns, they said, were not only exceptionally beautiful, but the clothes made of their material possessed the wonderful quality of being invisible to any man who was unfit for his office or unpardonably stupid." H.C. Andersen - The Emperor's New Clothing (1837)

Attachments

• Wondermovies.jpg
    Wondermovies.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 927
:blush: Vincentz!

Back to the game....this version has the flow restored that version 0.74 had. And that's a plus in my book. Versions 75 and 76 early games were overtaken by the Barbs. Down the road they can be revisited and tweaked.

Blizzard weather here in Western Illinois. White out conditions with an expected accumulation of over 24" of snow. Of course with 45+ mile/hr winds the drifts in the morning will be over 6' tall. They are already over 3' in my driveway out here in the cornfields. :p

JosEPh

Its a classic old picture of Janet Jackson that was used on the front cover of Rolling Stones in '93.
If it fits there it will fit just fine for Emperors Clothing ;)

I love the connection (logo is 90 degree tilted bird from Emporio Armani and the C is then duplexed and modified). Cant get much closer to the Emperor's New Clothing than that ;) On top of that there is a circle behind her, that very well could be red, leading the thoughts at imperial japan.
Try to make a google search on Emporio Armani, then you'll see it could have been one of their adds.

Working on a nice little intro.

------------------

1st attempt at videoediting : Intromovie

I guess it is kind of boring, but the almighty power and the splendid scenery of the A bomb was supposed to give room for thought. (and its not like civ5 where you cannot quit the intro. a single click on the mouse will just exit the movie (which I guess is the destiny any intromovie suffers eventually)). So instead of using a lot of time making something fancy, just having an intromovie is better than nothing ;)
That being said, I will most likely change it in the future.

Regarding the Rar. I think it just became a habit to use Rar. I do remember the same issues when people started to use rar. especially when windows started to have zip build-in.
And since my rar recently keeps having the annoying Purchase popup, I might go back to Zip. The rar have a slightly better compression but since I went to a single filehosting file, it doesnt really matter if the size is 35MB or 40MB.
The idea was that when the mod came to a Release version state, that i would make a Fire'n'Forget Exe installer like some of the more developed mods have here.

edit : just tested zip vs rar. Rar was 39.5MB and Zip was 43.2. But zip was faster and sounds better (VIPZIP) ;)

---------------------------

This is going to be the final video (now with soundtrack ;))
I managed to make it almost half the size without a big impact on quality

IntroMovie

I guess it is kind of boring, but the almighty power and the splendid scenery of the A bomb was supposed to give room for thought. (and its not like civ5 where you cannot quit the intro. a single click on the mouse will just exit the movie (which I guess is the destiny any intromovie suffers eventually)). So instead of using a lot of time making something fancy, just having an intromovie is better than nothing ;)
That being said, I will most likely change it in the future.

Regarding the Rar. I think it just became a habit to use Rar. I do remember the same issues when people started to use rar. especially when windows started to have zip build-in.
And since my rar recently keeps having the annoying Purchase popup, I might go back to Zip. The rar have a slightly better compression but since I went to a single filehosting file, it doesnt really matter if the size is 35MB or 40MB.
The idea was that when the mod came to a Release version state, that i would make a Fire'n'Forget Exe installer like some of the more developed mods have here.

edit : just tested zip vs rar. Rar was 39.5MB and Zip was 43.2. But zip was faster and sounds better (VIPZIP) ;)

---------------------------

This is going to be the final video (now with soundtrack ;))
I managed to make it almost half the size without a big impact on quality

IntroMovie

You can use 7zip for rar with no purchase popup.

I agree with 7zip, I think it's open source, but either way, it is free and you get the compression benefits. I'm looking forward to this mod, 'cause my usual 'puter went boom(literally), the one I'm having to use now is no where near a gaming rig, and I like your idea's behind this one, to have a pretty good amount of content, but have it where it's not so hard on people's systems. I'm just waiting till you get a little closer to your more final version.

the next version will be playable to the end (well, they have been for a long time, though its an empty feeling later on ;))
The future era (Transhuman era) will still be empty though except for a few GP, some happiness and health and most importantly the space ship.

As the mod stands (0.77) its more or less finished untill industrial era, so there should be a couple of playhours there :)

will look at 7zip

------------------

Made a Sniper with a SVD (Dragunov) out of the Infantry (animation and base) and a darkened marines camo trishape. I would really like the paratroopers helmet, but I forgot how to switch heads (did it long time ago with the priests head on the Guild Masters)

They are invisible except for other snipers, scouts, explorers and special forces, and have a high withdrawal chance with a couple of first strikes. Downside : low strenght.

I'm thinking about setting up a pitboss multiplayer (direct IP).
It would be a normal speed game on a large map with 10 players/AI.

It would be some sort of a testgame, as the mod is still being developed, so it would end the same day (or the day after), but maybe the start-era would change from week to week. The game would either be played on saturdays and/or sundays and start around 14:00 CET (1 PM GMT / 8 AM EST).

Would it have any interest?

Installation : Put VIP folder from RAR into MODS folder of Beyond the Sword program folder (the one with Afterworld, Broken Star, Charlemagne and other default mods).

I dont remember the default path but I believe its something like this :

Program Files/Firaxis/Sid Meier's Civilization IV/Beyond the Sword/Mods

The VIP folder should be placed in the folder with the other standard mods (though I have a bit more installed I'm sure you understand the point ;))

I'm thinking about setting up a pitboss multiplayer (direct IP).
It would be a normal speed game on a large map with 10 players/AI.

It would be some sort of a testgame, as the mod is still being developed, so it would end the same day (or the day after), but maybe the start-era would change from week to week. The game would either be played on saturdays and/or sundays and start around 14:00 CET (1 PM GMT / 8 AM EST).

Would it have any interest?

I'd like to but am unsure if my Satellite dsl would/could keep us connected.

If I could the soonest date I would have available would be the 19th.

And you would whip my behind cause I'm basically a Noble/Prince level player. :p :lol:

JosEPh

I'd like to but am unsure if my Satellite dsl would/could keep us connected.

If I could the soonest date I would have available would be the 19th.

And you would whip my behind cause I'm basically a Noble/Prince level player. :p :lol:

JosEPh

No worries, I will play Deity level. :cool:

I played a MP game with a friend and the stability was 100%, but that was over LAN (LAN'ish as one computer was connected to a wifi modem and the other was WiFi'ed). I made a couple of GameSpy profiles, and since I have a laptop that is actually faster than the computer I sit at, it would work perfectly as a Pitboss Server.
Its not many (if any) of the "big" mods that has MP stability like VIP, and it would also serve the mod having "realtime" inputs on balancing, ideas, feedback etc. Thats why I suggested it. The good thing about the pitboss is that even if the connection would fall, its easy to reconnect. The bad thing is that there is a min. counter on 1 hour turns, and since the games would run over max 2 days it would require people to not stall the game longer than necessary if at least a couple of eras would be played.

I'll try to run a couple of tests during the next week and report the results.

Top Bottom