The Celts

Version 3 up!

* Celt AI now more competitive
* Druids will now be built by AI controlled Celts
* Tribe will now be built by AI controlled Celts

Settlers now upgradeable to Tribe
Hill Fort now causes 2 damage to nearby enemies

Hello Sputttnik. :)

I just tested your mod since one of our users reported a conflict. It happens you made a spelling error in the XML files, the hill fort is said to require "TERRAIN_HILLS" instead of "TERRAIN_HILL". I made my own mod tolerant against this problem but I thought you would like to know. Cheers and keep up the good work!

Do you know which version this was?

I have tested version 1 and 3 and there were no issues and hill forts build correctly. I have also checked all the xml files for any "TERRAIN_HILL" error and cannot find any?

Certainly version 3 is free of this error and stable.

--

I am intrigued to see this mod working with the Ingame Editor, I shall have a look.

I observed it with v3 but the user observed a problem with v1 and it was probably the same. The v3 is no longer installed on my computer but the v1 is (I wanted to be sure that IGEv20 could work with it). So I checked the XML on this one and, on line 26 of improvements.xml you refer to "TERRAIN_HILLS" while it should be "TERRAIN_HILL".

Now, indeed it doesn't cause the game to bug at first sight. But the the civilipedia entry for "hill fort" may bug because of that (couldn't check since I don't have the DLC). At best it won't display "hills" as a valid terrain when it should. And, of course, any mod that has to scan the improvements like IGE does may be affected too.

So I checked the XML on this one and, on line 26 of improvements.xml you refer to "TERRAIN_HILLS" while it should be "TERRAIN_HILL".

Thanks again, I have now changed this in XML. I think this may resolve a problem I have been having trying to encourage the AI to build this improvement.

I will check this out :)

I've been glad to help. :)
By the way, IGE can automatically spot this kind of mistakes and print them in FireTuner. ;)
It does check improvements, techs, social policies, etc. It even checks the techs and policies trees to detect layout errors and help solve them. Anytime an incompatibility is found, I make IGE bullet-proof against it and I make it print a lua warning. So if you plan to add more and more things in your XML files, it can be a time saver to have IGE by side, open it and glance at FT.
For more informations, see this thread

Perfect! I can see this being very useful, also would be a great mod tool for testing.

--

I will update the version with the correction from above once I have tested the AI a bit.

I am getting "Txt" errors in everything displayed. : (

Do you have downloadable content (DLC) 1-4 Installed?

Perhaps your download is corrupt? Try downloading again. The mod has been published and is available via the game mods browser, try installing from there.

I have tested the install hosted here and in the mod browser and there are no problems.

I really have no other suggestions :confused:

I'm not saying that this definitely is the issue with MisterBoomBoom's set-up, but if you are playing version 3, but still have versions 1 and/or 2 on your system (whether you are selecting them to play or not) it can cause issues. So, if you have, delete any old versions off your system altogether and it should then work like a dream.

I'm not saying that this definitely is the issue with MisterBoomBoom's set-up, but if you are playing version 3, but still have versions 1 and/or 2 on your system (whether you are selecting them to play or not) it can cause issues. So, if you have, delete any old versions off your system altogether and it should then work like a dream.

I've deleted older version from the mod browser but that does not seem sufficient. YES I do have all the add ons to the previous questioner as well.

I'll try ver 3 and report back today. Love the druid and tribe concepts in this mod so I am eager to see it in full glory!

Can we expect a NiGHTS version anytime soon?

Got it working thank you! But in the world builder I set up a Tribe unit and it did not have a settlement ability? Did that trait change for the unit?

Got it working thank you!

Great, I'm glad :) Did you discover what was wrong?

in the world builder I set up a Tribe unit and it did not have a settlement ability? Did that trait change for the unit?

I have not tried the mod in world builder but I would suggest having a look; there should be two Tribe units, one should have the settlement ability.. Or try IngameEditor, the mod has been fixed for this.

Great, I'm glad :) Did you discover what was wrong?.

It just wasn't playing nice with other mods.

I have not tried the mod in world builder but I would suggest having a look; there should be two Tribe units, one should have the settlement ability.. Or try IngameEditor, the mod has been fixed for this.

I selected the first of the two units on the list within Worldbuilder; that was my mistake...had to go with the second unit. All good. Love your work :goodjob:

Version 5 is up! with only a few minor changes:

Code:
- Fixed city name text entry 'Vaerlamion'
- Fixed units for World Builder
- Tribe unit now quicker to build
- Changed civilopedia entry

Unfortunately version 5 is not available in the game mod browser and can only be downloaded from this thread.

Top Bottom