PREVIEW: staznes XI

1. Japan
2. France

Is there a stats template that I can begin working on? or will that be a bit later?

Not yet. It is probably going to be a crude bastardization of Capto Iugulum's, or a straight lift from BombNES (which isn't posted yet).

For G4S I guess the relevant statistics would be: location, revenue, market share, personnel, political influence?

1. Brazil
2. Turkey
3. Argentina
4. Mexico

G4S

HQ: Crawley, United Kingdom

Revenue: 7.5 billion pounds
Net Income: 70 million pounds

Employees (total): 620,000
Employees (Soldiers, Security Guards etc..): approx. 558,000
Employees (Management, Supervisors, Support etc.): approx. 62,000

Size:
World’s Largest Private Military Company
3rd largest Private sector employer

Corporate Social Responsibility:
Is a signatory of the UNGC
Also a founder of the ICoC

Political Influence:
Mainly serves democratic countries, though has/does operate in many countries where there is civil unrest or a lack of a stable government (namely Africa/ Middle East).

In the case of playing an opposition party within the USA is the GOP the only option or are more third party type groupings or even a fictional opposition party allowed? And I understand that if fictional were allowed it would be a practical non-important for all of the early turns.

In the case of playing an opposition party within the USA is the GOP the only option or are more third party type groupings or even a fictional opposition party allowed? And I understand that if fictional were allowed it would be a practical non-important for all of the early turns.

I think it would partly depend on who takes the USA. For example, I'd be totally willing to contemplate dissolution of the two-party system.

/tootingownhorn

azale-chan it might be worth coming up with a list of topical regional and international issues that the relevant players should have to deal with in the BT.

examples: the south asian sea and the massive chinese imperialist sea grab.

Indicating my support for the above.

need to have some Indo-Paki Wars

azale-chan it might be worth coming up with a list of topical regional and international issues that the relevant players should have to deal with in the BT.

examples: the south asian sea and the massive chinese imperialist sea grab.

Yea. I already have two google docs for other, more random events. We could create another for this. Should be a good way to streamline my thoughts and people's actions.

Clarification on the role of the UN player: basically, it will be this poor sap's job (mine if no one takes it) to bring matters of global importance to the fore. He/she will wail and stomp and scream for players to take seriously and coordinate on issues like global climate change. They will draft proposals and try to bring players to the bargaining table. The UN could grow in power, and the PC along with it, or it could wither away and die during the BT.

Clarification on global climate change: whatever your beliefs in real life, GCL is a thing in this NES and a serious thing. I would mandate that every player (well every country at least) write up a blurb on their handling of GCL in their BT orders. You could write up that you will be ignoring it because of such and such, that's fine. It will have consequences, but you can attempt to do whatever as long as you at least give it a mention in your orders.

The only three letters that matter are USA.

Was it possible to play as a minor power?

If so, I'd love to do Denmark.

How soon will we know whether or not we get our pick out of curiosity? :)

Top Bottom