A World in Arms: WW2 armies

imperator, your list is incredible and I look forward to seeing them.

I feel a little guilty making a request after all the time and effort you've put forth but nonetheless I wouldn't mind seeing the M-46 130mm field gun which was used extensively by the NVA. Also given the extensive use of traditional antiaircraft artillery by the communist forces in the Vietnam War a couple of triple A units would be nice to see as well, the 85 mm ZIS-52-K and the 57mm S-60 were both pretty ubiquitous. Also I don't know if it was in your plans or not but I'd really like to see a generic U.S. infantry unit armed with an M-14.

Hm,
if I would pick a unit that might be missing it would be a British Bren gunner to compliment the smoking Aussie that today is the only Bren gunner in the DB.

It was a very used weapon and I´m sure it will fit in nicely in any scenario from 30s to 60s.

Attachments

• Bren_gunner.jpg
    Bren_gunner.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 101
I know these self propelled artillery units didn't see much service until the very tail end of WWII or in some cases the immediate post war era but for the Americans the M40 Gun Motor Carriage/M43 Howitzer Motor Carriage which were built on the Sherman chassis and the M41 Howitzer Motor Carriage which was built on the M24 Chaffee chassis would be some pretty useful units. Where you could find decent downloadable models though I haven't a clue.

I miss the 88 Flak animation
just like the 10.5 and 12.8 as a single gun
:)
greeting
Wotan49
:old:

I know these self propelled artillery units didn't see much service until the very tail end of WWII or in some cases the immediate post war era but for the Americans the M40 Gun Motor Carriage/M43 Howitzer Motor Carriage which were built on the Sherman chassis and the M41 Howitzer Motor Carriage which was built on the M24 Chaffee chassis would be some pretty useful units. Where you could find decent downloadable models though I haven't a clue.

I know where to get those models if anyone wants to do them.

imperator, your list is incredible and I look forward to seeing them.

I feel a little guilty making a request after all the time and effort you've put forth but nonetheless I wouldn't mind seeing the M-46 130mm field gun which was used extensively by the NVA. Also given the extensive use of traditional antiaircraft artillery by the communist forces in the Vietnam War a couple of triple A units would be nice to see as well, the 85 mm ZIS-52-K and the 57mm S-60 were both pretty ubiquitous. Also I don't know if it was in your plans or not but I'd really like to see a generic U.S. infantry unit armed with an M-14.

As for Zis 52 K no problem, I have done it for the Russian in my WW2 pack so it is very simple to change only the uniform to have a NVA unit for the Vietnam Wars pack. The S 60 is so close similarly at civ scale that I think not to do it.
There is also a M14 US unit.

Don´t think we have this in DL yet, but i could be wrong...

Kugelblitz

Flakpanther

As for the Flackpanther I have a useful model, but not for the Kugelblitz. I am not so sure to made many AA units because in game thereisnt' a distinction between AA and field attack, so the AA units can be attack tank, infantry units, fortifications and so on.

i would make anti aircraft units to have a complete pack, the rest is the problem of the game modders to modify the stats for the aa units to fit. please make also aa units

Model for Kugelblitz (Panzer IV chasis with twin 30mm guns on it):
Spoiler :

Example of stats for self-propelled anti-aircraft gun to keep up wih the advanced armor:
Spoiler :

As long as you don´t activate the intercept air mission the game will not bug out.

Rick, did you mean that ground unit will knock down aircraft within it's operational range (set to 8 in your example)????

Imperator, may I ask if you have any LWP (People's Army of Poland) troops at work?

imperator1961, you can count me among the many people here looking forward to your work. It is very interesting to see that you are tackling modern vehicles as well. I'm looking forward especially to the artillery units, as it is always impressive how you include the crews and loading animations. Keep up the great work!

Rick, did you mean that ground unit will knock down aircraft within it's operational range (set to 8 in your example)????

Imperator, may I ask if you have any LWP (People's Army of Poland) troops at work?

No, it will only knock down aircraft in the tile it seats, the operational range of 8 in that unit is used for the "recon" mission, because i like SAM units to be able to scout the surrounding, its a way to simulate the unit´s radar, this gives more valuable to the unit in my opinion.

Sometimes I start work a new pack with five or six units in mind; but in meatime I made the units I have in mind, I find new units that "I must do" so the initial planned number of unit to do rise and rise till to the real risk not to finish ever the pack. I suspect this is the case, nonetheless in the pack will be People Army of Polad units as long as Polish Warsaw Ghetto insurgents (with civilian style wears both man and woman) units.:eek::eek::eek:

Sometimes I start work a new pack with five or six units in mind; but in meatime I made the units I have in mind, I find new units that "I must do" so the initial planned number of unit to do rise and rise till to the real risk not to finish ever the pack. I suspect this is the case, nonetheless in the pack will be People Army of Polad units as long as Polish Warsaw Ghetto insurgents (with civilian style wears both man and woman) units.:eek::eek::eek:

Perhaps you could finish a "Basic Pack" with units that you've planned to do. Then we could provide ideas for "Bonus Pack" (Packs) if you would feel like doing them.

No, it will only knock down aircraft in the tile it seats, the operational range of 8 in that unit is used for the "recon" mission, because i like SAM units to be able to scout the surrounding, its a way to simulate the unit´s radar, this gives more valuable to the unit in my opinion.

Actually, I believe that he's right; several times when I've tried bombing units in the open (i.e. nowhere near a city), I've been intercepted by fighters. This wouldn't be possible if their recon only worked on their specific tile.

The intercept air mission works on half the operational range of the air unit, it will only work for air units and it will only intercept after the AI processes the chance of sucess of interception. So, a bombing run can be intercepted or not by the interceptor, IF the formula resolve in interception, and it will only consider processing interception IF the intercept occurs within the range of interception/2, in the given example, a fighter with operational range of 8 could only protect an area of 4 tiles beyond its stationary tile (inclusive), but could perform all other air missions such as recon and bombing to its fullest operational range of 8.

Because land flak units are not air units, IF you give them the air mission of interception with the operational range of a fighter, the game will crash. Nonetheless, missions like recon and bombing can be performed because they are not exclusive to air units.

The advantage of land flak units are in the tile bonus that this units achieve, two flak units in the same tile get cumulative increased chance of knocking down an enemy bomber, more units give more cumulative air defense to that tile and so on, so having mobile flak units that can keep up with your advancing SOD is a plus. IIRC the limite of flak unit per square is 4, beyond that i believe there is no increased bonus, but i could be mistaken, and maybe its editable? can´t really remember.

Top Bottom