Which would you like to see first?

• Civilization IV

Votes: 34 54.0%
  • Alpha Centauri II

Votes: 29 46.0%

• Total voters

Goldflash

Grumpy Old Man
Alright... this has been going over and over in my head... which game do I want to see first?

Civilization 4 or Alpha Centauri 2?

I dunno.. I love Civ 3 and everything, but Alpha Centauri has a special place in my heart. It has so many cool things like the Unit Workship and varying terrain height.... *sigh*

So, while I do wish to see Civ 4, I want Alpha Centauri 2, first.

Alpha Centauri II is winning :eek:

I was about to say that you should add "Ya friggin hippy!" to the end of option 1 as well ;)

Speaking as one who has never played Alpha Centauri, I cannot help but choose a mythical Civ 4.

Civilization IV. I enjoy the Civilization series more than Alpha Centurai, although I have them both.

I'm not sure there's much to debate. I'd love to see SMACII, but they've announced they plan no sequel and most of the developers of SMAC have left the company.

Well I've been debating which one because both are fun but I have made a decision, Civ IV. This is for one reason only. All three Civ games have had all of the same core concepts. All that changed between the three were map style, the way units worked, resources in 3 and a few other things.

The reason I said that was because the same would probably be true about SMAC. SMAC was fun in every single way except two, I hated the fact that the fungus would start destroying your land improvements in the later game and the fact that the worms, locusts, etc. would appear en mass around the same time. It was cool that stronger versions would appear and continue to chjallenge you throughout the game. I just didn't like the destruction of my stuff, clear the fungus, rebuild my improvements and then have them destroyed again.

If that were to change, I'd vote for SMAC II, but since it probably won't, I'm going to have to stick with Civ IV.

EDIT: Oh I forgot. Since they have already started developement on Civ 4, I think it probably wins by default.

"Combine the two... play through a full game of Civ and if you win by space race you go on to start a game of AC."

the ultimate expansion pack

I miss this from smac:

don't go the drones need you--they look up to you

Civilization 4! I'll definitely buy it because most likely, there'll be an upgraded AI in it. Ohh, bountous joy!
Haven't even played Smac though :(

SMAC2 most likely won't be written for 2 reasons. Those who wrote it left Firaxis and it didn't sell as well as Civ but cost as much to make.

I vote for Civ 4. I did not get Alpha Centauri because the word on the street was that it was too buggie to play! It looks like that was nto true.

CivIV all the way! Alpha Centauri was fun, but hey, Civ is my crack (see sig).

SMAC 2 - it is basically Civ with a fresh, new setting. And Civ3 is still doing well, while SMAC is getting an eyesore and old in every regard.

But well - this is not to be discussed, it is decided: Civ 4 is in early stages of developement according to news.

Voted for SMAC II, lets give Civ3 and its expansions a little more time. I'm not terribly excited about a Civ4 being in development. Don't get me wrong, I'm going to play it. Of course, then there'll be those "Civ4 Sucks" threads and how so and so is sticking to Civ3. Those Civ2 guys reminded of the Japanese soldier who was still fighting WWII years after it ended.

SMAC2. Far and beyond CivIV. Ye unbelievers, come to the light of Alpha Centauri.

Seriously, Alpha Centauri is an awesome game, with tons of cool ideas never explored in Civ. Of course, the fact that no one argues about the historical accuracy of SMAC is also a plus.

i wish they would integrate the coolest parts of SMAC into Civ IV (like the unit building). That would be awesome.

Civ IV Baby! I liked a lot of the ideas of SMAC, but I could never quite get that warm and fuzzy feeling that I get when playing Civ.

Top Bottom