Mod-Modders Guide to Fall Further

I would probably just edit CIV4BuildInfos.xml rather than touching the python. You can't block building on a feature altogether, but you could require the feature first be cleared (like forests and jungles must be cleared) and make clearing it require TECH_NEVER.

Right place - I think the -1 is wrong.

Try "getFeatureType()" rather than "getFeatureType(-1)."

The following prevented a scion worker from building a Cottage on a Floodplain, though it could still build one on the desert.

Spoiler :

Code:
	def canBuild(self,argsList):
		iX, iY, iBuild, iPlayer = argsList
# scions start
		pPlayer = gc.getPlayer(iPlayer)
		iDesert = gc.getInfoTypeForString('TERRAIN_DESERT')
		iBuildSCFarm = gc.getInfoTypeForString("BUILD_FARM")
		pCity = argsList[0]

if pPlayer.getCivilizationType() == gc.getInfoTypeForString('CIVILIZATION_SCIONS'):
			pPlot = CyMap().plot(iX, iY)
			if pPlot.getOwner() == iPlayer:
				if pPlot.isCity() == False:
					if pPlot.getTerrainType() == iDesert:		
						iBuildSCottage = gc.getInfoTypeForString("BUILD_COTTAGE")
						if (iBuild == iBuildSCottage):
							if pPlot.getFeatureType() == gc.getInfoTypeForString('FEATURE_FLOOD_PLAINS'):
								return 0
							else:
								return 1

Actually already tried that, just forgot to put that in the code in my earlier post. Tried your Scions code also, and it just stops me from building one period... I get the feeling that python doesn't play well with modular xml files. Magister's method DOES work, however, so it will be updated now. :goodjob:

I literally just downloaded both FFH and FF, and unless somethings changed in the past couple of hours, they're up to date. FF gets an error loading XML at the start up and CtDs.

I got the same problem while compiling the current vanila FF DLL code:
Failed Loading XML file xml\GameIngo/CIV4StateNameInfos.xml
Then crash

Can you post the makefile you are using?

Anyone using the Debug mode on FF with success?

EDIT: Yay! It wont crash now, I was using a savegame that seems already not compatible.
It runs ok now in Debug mode, with some asserts failed which I will look into later!
If I can I will try to use some profiler to see what is all the CPU time busy with :)
Still learning tough from this Visual C++ 2003 compiler, could take some time.

Failed Loading XML file xml\GameIngo/CIV4StateNameInfos.xml

That's because you downloaded source files are more recent than the Patch F files. The XML file which failed loading above is part of the new dynamic civilization names system for Fall Further.

Most of the Asserts you see shouldn't be of any consequence, but feel free to take a closer look. I would appreciate not to have to click ignore all the time. :)

Oops, sorry about that. I accidentally updated the linked version when we created a new XML file. I'm still getting accustomed to not being the only one with his fingers in the code ;) I'll try not to do that to you guys in the future.

Oops, sorry about that. I accidentally updated the linked version when we created a new XML file. I'm still getting accustomed to not being the only one with his fingers in the code ;) I'll try not to do that to you guys in the future.

Its ok to have the latest code, if we also have the lastest asset :D
Or you could post the vanilla patch F code if you don't want to release the latest asset.

What I suggest is both, the current patch code and the latest one, just name your source according to the patch level.

The minor downside is that I'm not careful enough to maintain backups of my source other than the latest stable version. But if you just create a file with that name and leave it blank things should work well enough for the game to actually open and run.

Not quite sure if Vehem plans to release a patch or if the next version released will be post 0.40 + our own major new features.

Why is it that when I added settlers to unitcombat_worker they didn't get any of the promotions provided to that unitcombat by leader traits? (Neither the ones you have nor the Mobility1 from the Expansive trait or and Navigation1 from Sprawling which I added) They could still purchase promotions, but they wouldn't get any for free.

What do bTerritorial and bLeader in PromotionInfos do?

bTerritorial doesn't do anything at all. Was going to prevent any units other than your own civilization from being in the tile with that unit, didn't know how to write such a thing at the time.

bLeader is a firaxis block which identifies the promotion as being what you gain when a Great General is attached to the unit. It can ONLY be gained by that method, and requires some other fields in conjunction with it.

You say didn't know, does that mean you've figured it out? It would be nice to have that tag working.

Is there a tag that keeps a Mimic from stealing a Promotion? bEquipment?

I don't think that there is a tag for that (except race). Reasonably certain that it removes the promotion from the victim so that you don't duplicate equipment via mimic stealing. It would be a worthwhile tag with all of the effect type promotions out there.

Top Bottom