Fall Further 051 Bug Report Thread

I have been enjoying FF immensely - my first exposure to it - and got into a game as Dural when the GUI began to disappear. I reloaded a save, which looked fine, and when it processed the turn, the new turn was again without much of the selected unit/city GUI. I went one turn further and virtually all of the GUI was gone by then. I have included the save. I'm running Civ4 Gold, BTS 3.19, FFH2 41/D and of course FF 051.

Attachments

• Ed Dural Turn_0237 missing ui.CivBeyondSwordSave
    258 KB · Views: 165
Probably the same problem I mentioned earlier. Something happens to the units inside the haunted lands that triggers a CTD when they move onto a normal tile. Your wandering creeper is most likely causing it. It gets to be a problem when the haunted lands spread all over the place and no units at all can move out without crashing the game.

Prolly. Since Haunted Lands is really a big part of the Scions (or at least the pedia makes it sound like it should be), this pisses me off. I mean I can't really use these without being screwed. Although, on a different note, my Ghostwalker could go from Haunted to normal tiles. (Hmm...)

Anyway, my save is posted above, if someone could get the time to look at it. Thanks.

Although, on a different note, my Ghostwalker could go from Haunted to normal tiles. (Hmm...)

Thanks, that helped a lot: I've isolated the problem to "HauntedLandsEffects". It doesn't trigger for Ghostwalkers, or if a unit started the turn with a Ghostwalker.

It's 4 month old python that hasn't acted up till now. Hopefully I can remember what it's doing...

EDIT:

I couldn't load the savegame but I was able to reproduce a leaves-the-HL CTD. This fixed it:

CvSpellInterface.py, at line 484
Spoiler :

Code:
	if pPlot.getFeatureType() != iHauntedLands:
		[b]if pCaster.isHasPromotion(iHaunted):[/b]
			pCaster.setHasPromotion(iHaunted, False)
		[b]if pCaster.isHasPromotion(iUnwholesomeAddiction):[/b]
			pCaster.setHasPromotion(iUnwholesomeAddiction, False)
		[b]if pCaster.isHasPromotion(iSpooked):[/b]
			pCaster.setHasPromotion(iSpooked, False)

I added the bold lines. (And note that the indents change.)

You can try it and see if it fixes your crash - if it works at all it should work with a saved game.

Sarisin: Did you rename the directory after installation maybe? (I only ask because of all the Path lines in there) Though that should have given you a GFC error, not plain python errors.

Kael's approach to this issue might be best: Can you post some screenshots of your mod directory? (One showing the Assets, Resource and other folders, one showing inside Assets, another inside Resource, and possibly even one showing inside Assets/Python?)

Can you read the Pedia at all?

Ooh, looking at it a second time makes me wonder: Did you change the folder that BtS itself is installed in after installation? It seems like it is checking your registry to find out where the game is (for some reason, probably something imported from BUG long ago) and getting a bad result, so freaking out. If that is the cause, it is probably safest to completely re-install Civilization, as editing your registry is risky business. But maybe a registry cleaner program (can find some for free online, just Wiki before you download to make sure it is legit) can help out as well.

I didn't rename anything.

I had been playing FFH2d/3.19 without any problems. I downloaded FF 051 and started getting the problems noted. Thinking it might have been a corrupt download, I downloaded it again. I uninstalled everything. I reinstalled Complete Civilization, patch 3.19, FFH2, patch d, FFH2 media pack, FF 051. Same problems.

I am able to play BTS (and the mods that come with it) as well as FFH2d without any problems.

When I load FF, I am unable to access Civilopedia or Hall of Fame on the first screen. I can access Advanced, but Options will not open.

If I start a game (either Play Now or Custom), I get no GUI. I open the World Builder and nothing is there.

So reinstalling Civ has been done. I regularly used Glary Utilities to scrub my registry so that should be clean. I will try again, although I am tempted to just give up on FF for now and play FFH2.

I am moving back to the US next week (after 13 years in Thailand) and don't want my computer to explode during the few days I have remaining here. Back in the US, I have another PC and can try everything there again. I waited a long time for FF 051, so a few more days will be OK. :p

Thanks for your help, though. :)

Found a couple of cosmetic issues: malakim archers are red blobs and amurite archers is missing their bodies:

archer.JPG

Spoiler :

Code:

You can try it and see if it fixes your crash - if it works at all it should work with a saved game.

That worked, man! :) I couldn't load my save either. I did a few changes to the xml and pretty sure that broke that save. However, I started a new game and planted haunted lands, using WB, right where my 2 initial warriors were. Those two units were able to move in and out of haunted lands just fine. :goodjob: Grats, man, via this fix, haunted lands are now bug free (hopefully :mischief:).

And I would like to say...
:thanx:

Just to let everyone know, I've fixed all broken art reported thus far. Keep reports coming if you see any. All currently known broken art will be sorted in Patch A (hopefully soon)

red blobs for malakim workers and HN units getting warped around when DoW , thought that was fixed before but not sure.

In my last game I also saw a gob fort unprotected with two gobs walking around next to the fort without fortifying the fort.

I don't see why the effect would be lost. Couldn't the Ring of Carcer just spawn a brigit unit on itself, on turn 1. And she'd be permanantly held. Possibly with a special AI that makes her continue to do nothing, even if she somehow becomes able to move.

I think the BEST way to handle it, would be to merge Brigit's art into the Ring of Carcer's art, and then spawn her through a python effect when a lvl 15 unit walks onto the tile. That way you don't even have to spawn her at the beginning of the game... Although you'd have to keep the original Ring art for use after Brigit has been spawned.

Also, the textkey errors for the Dervish are because Vehem didn't update the MalakimPlus text file when he grabbed the unit, so the text it's looking for doesn't exist in FF. :p

Bitwise: What is happening is that you are running into the "hidden" requirement of any religious victory

There must be twice as many non-Barbarian cities in the world as there are players
You must own the Holy City
The World Percent must be above the threshold value

Oddly enough, you don't have to actually follow the religion, nor does anyone else. I always thought that it was required that at least 2 other people follow the religion, you follow it, and you own the Holy City, possibly with the shrine. But it is just those 3 items listed above.

Ok, so, Kahd created Alcinus. My 1st thought was wtf?! Anyway, here's the save. Open the event log and you can see it.

Attachments

• Bug Save.CivBeyondSwordSave
    491.9 KB · Views: 151
Not a bug.

When Alcinus dies, he's reborn in a randomly chosen civ.. there's a reasonable chance (30%, I think) that it will be the scions. Otherwise, he's reborn to a randomly chosen civ (which could also be the scions)

Also, he gets a strange unique promotion if he's reborn in the Clan of Embers :)

Any ideas about my missing GUI? I'm a bit reluctant now to get into any new games if they are going to go south on me after I've invested 200+ turns of time into them...

Fixed in Patch A (Unreleased), It is an issue with the Dural having a Unique Unit for a Great person and the bar that shows what GP will be born next at the top of the screen. Unfortunately unless you are comfortable with editing some python files for yourself the only fix is not to use Dural until after the patch.

The Dural are an AI enemy in my current multiplayer game... is it going to explode?

Thanks, that helped a lot: I've isolated the problem to "HauntedLandsEffects". It doesn't trigger for Ghostwalkers, or if a unit started the turn with a Ghostwalker.

Spoiler :
It's 4 month old python that hasn't acted up till now. Hopefully I can remember what it's doing...

EDIT:

I couldn't load the savegame but I was able to reproduce a leaves-the-HL CTD. This fixed it:

Spoiler :

Code:

I am trying to fix this issue as well, but am a totally lost.

Thank you - that is indeed consistent with what was going on in my game...Dural was just enjoying use of its first tactician but in the field, not in a city. Regardless, sounds like you nailed it and I just have to wait for the patch. Thanks and please keep up the good work.

Top Bottom