Unique Buildings Elimination Thread

Mesix your comparison does mean they have to reach 6 population first. And that does take a while for the Papermaker to catch up to the other 2 benefits. And faith still has its kick earlier on than gold making faith points that come earlier useful than additional gold points and the same with science. The Paper maker is tied to pop to try and even the balance - which the other 2 can do ahead of the Paper Maker
The Papermaker bonus is +2 :c5gold: and free maintenance. The 1/2 :c5science: per citizen is a standard Library effect. I arbitrarily chose 6 :c5citizen: (3 :c5science:) because it is realistic to get this population at the point in the game where you have constructed the three buildings (and possibly some units as well). If anything it skews the Pyramid benefit, because +2 :c5science: is a bigger bonus (percentage wise) in a smaller population city. All three remaining buildings really scale well to a wide expansion strategy.

The voting is complete. the OP has been updated to reflect the results of this elimination thread.

Thanks to all who participated.
Results
1. Pyramid
2. Stele
3. Paper Maker
4. Floating Gardens
5. Wat
6. Burial Tomb
7. Satrap's Court
8. Bazaar
9. Mud Pyramid Mosque
10. Ceilidh Hall
11. Coffeehouse
12. Longhouse
13. Walls of Babylon
14. Mughal Fort
15. Krepost

The results look great to me. The top five exactly match my own views. My only quibbles with the entire list is that I'd but Bazaar over Satrap's court and I'd move longhouse up to the middle of the pack. That was fun.

Almost totally match my views but I'd put ceilidh hall over mud pyramid mosque and take wat down to the middle.

id replace the wat with ceildh hall but other than that

That's a good rank overall for all UBs. Pretty much what i expected.

I'm really surprised the Bazaar didn't do better. It's double the resources. Double! Thats like having double the Dutch UA upon hitting currency! How did that do worse than a bank that gives some happiness?

I'm really surprised the Bazaar didn't do better. It's double the resources. Double! Thats like having double the Dutch UA upon hitting currency! How did that do worse than a bank that gives some happiness?

It's not good in MP. Also, a lot of players already have multiple copies of luxuries by currency.

What is the thought behind Stele being better suited to wide ? Culture VC is optimized with tradition and low # of cities. Too hard to maintain religion with low number of cities ?

*Duh*

(I posted something stupid. Hopefully my delete was soon enough ;) )

@ wannabewarlord:

it's UB elimination tread and Pyramid is a Mayan UB, not a world wonder :)

Dang it, you saw it! Curse you, you are not meant to spread my moment of stupidity ;)
Yeah, I realized it the second I hit submit, hence the edit. :lol:

Top Bottom