Floating Gardens 22
Longhouse 5
Mud Pyramid Mosque 9
Paper Maker 24
Pyramid 29
Satrap's Court 17
Stele 25
Wat 23

Longhouse: Forces you to work forest tiles. Can be worse than a regular Workshop under not too rare circumstances.
Coffee House: Less restrictive than windmill. GP bonus. I like it. :)

Bazaar 25
Burial Tomb 19
Ceilidh Hall 25
Coffee House 12
Floating Gardens 22
Longhouse 3 (-2) i usualy dont even build workshops
Mud Pyramid Mosque 10 (+1) it effectively gives a plus to :c5gold: :c5culture: so why wouldnt you get it
Paper Maker 24
Pyramid 29
Satrap's Court 17
Stele 25
Wat 23

Bazaar 25
Burial Tomb 19
Ceilidh Hall 25
Coffee House 12
Floating Gardens 22
Longhouse 3
Mud Pyramid Mosque 11 (+1)
Paper Maker 24
Pyramid 29
Satrap's Court 17
Stele 25
Wat 21 (-2)

The Mud Mosque Pyramid is another one of those things that great anyway and perfect with the civ that gets it. Religion is great for war, culture is great as your empire grows, and puppets don't like to build culture buildings but often build faith, and it doesn't even cost maintenance.

All the UB's have very strong upsides. The only one I consider with a big down side is gone, but with that said, the Wat is probably my least favorite of what is left. While it does have that little rationalism trick, I feel like it doesn't mesh as well with Siam. When everything is good, it's little things on the edge of the razor that end up getting something cut.

Question! Sorry to triple post.

Does the Coffee House give only +5% as opposed to +15% (like the windmill)

Sorry if this got answered earlier - I read a page of replies then got bored.

Windmill bonus is %10 and only applies when constructing buildings. This does not apply to wonders though. It also has the no hills requirement, so cannot be buit everywhere.

The coffee house has a +5% bonus, but this applies when building wonders and units as well. It can also be built in any city. There is also the +25% GP, and the maintainance =2g and extra hammer bonus =2h, both same as the windmill.

Bazaar 25
Burial Tomb 20
Ceilidh Hall 23
Coffee House 12
Floating Gardens 22
Longhouse 3
Mud Pyramid Mosque 11
Paper Maker 24
Pyramid 29
Satrap's Court 17
Stele 25
Wat 21

Burial Tomb great for spamming, built early, puppets build them, aids religion. More importantly, I'm not egypt for the majority of games, and they have a bonus for me far more regularly than other buildings. Thanks Ramases!

K-Lee Hall - Far later than Burial Tomb or even Satraps court (I always find unless going culture). Puppets won't build unlike either of the others. Culture for tall, hapiness bonus for wide. Tough to make the buildings' bonuses work in synergy.

Bazaar 23
Burial Tomb 19
Ceilidh Hall 25
Coffee House 12
Floating Gardens 22
Longhouse 3
Mud Pyramid Mosque 11
Paper Maker 24
Pyramid 30
Satrap's Court 17
Stele 25
Wat 21

Pyramid : Early(pottery) and efficient. Great synergy with ICS style and messenger of the gods pantheon.

Bazaar : To make it effective, you need to:

-Play immortal or higher(AI needs to make some gold)
-Stay small(with a big empire you will surely have enough copies alreeady)
-Play sp(plain useless in mp most of the time)

So if you play prince level with big empire in a mp game you have the worst UB of all :crazyeye:

Bazaar 23
Burial Tomb 19
Ceilidh Hall 25
Coffee House 10 (-2) Weak for all the reasons I've given before. Not a bad UB, but not that helpful to winning a game.
Floating Gardens 22
Longhouse 3
Mud Pyramid Mosque 11
Paper Maker 25 (+1) I think the pyramid is the strongest UB, but I wanna make sure my Paper Maker finishes up there, too! You can never have too much money.
Pyramid 30
Satrap's Court 17
Stele 25
Wat 21

Bazaar 23
Burial Tomb 19
Ceilidh Hall 25
Coffee House 10
Floating Gardens 22
Longhouse 1 (-2)
Mud Pyramid Mosque 11
Paper Maker 26 (+1)
Pyramid 30
Satrap's Court 17
Stele 25
Wat 21

Longhouse can end up being a hindrance later on when you move into territories that have been deforested, which is very, very likely to happen.

Puppets love to spam paper maker, a library that essentially nets you +3 gold per turn. Amazing building that's always viable no matter the circumstance.

I vote floating down because many times the conditions for it to shine are not met, and it being a special building is dependent on that.

It's not that hard to find a river start. It's the +15% food that matters, the bonus to lakes is just gravy, it only makes lakes as good as riverside grassland after Civil Service.

Bazaar 23
Burial Tomb 19
Ceilidh Hall 25
Coffee House 10
Floating Gardens 22
Longhouse 1
Mud Pyramid Mosque 9
Paper Maker 26
Pyramid 31
Satrap's Court 17
Stele 25
Wat 21

pyramid: Great early science and faith boost!

Mud Pyramid Mosque: The worst UB left IMO!

Bazaar 23
Burial Tomb 20
Ceilidh Hall 23

Coffee House 10
Floating Gardens 22
Longhouse 1
Mud Pyramid Mosque 9
Paper Maker 26
Pyramid 31
Satrap's Court 17
Stele 25
Wat 21

Bazaar 24
Burial Tomb 20
Ceilidh Hall 21
Coffee House 10
Floating Gardens 22
Longhouse 1
Mud Pyramid Mosque 9
Paper Maker 26
Pyramid 31
Satrap's Court 17
Stele 25
Wat 21

If I am going culture I have a tall city and dont need the happiness. Otherwise I rarely build Opera Houses.

Bazaar does lose value later in the game as you have less trading partners, but its a huge boon from once you get the tech for it until that point

Bazaar 24
Burial Tomb 20
Ceilidh Hall 21
Coffee House 10
Floating Gardens 22
Longhouse 1
Mud Pyramid Mosque 7
Paper Maker 26
Pyramid 32
Satrap's Court 17
Stele 25
Wat 21

I don't like the mud pyramid mosque because it has zero synergy with the Songhai's UA

The Pyramid is great since you can get the same faith you get from a temple and the same science from a 4 pop city with a library.

Bazaar 24
Burial Tomb 20
Ceilidh Hall 21
Coffee House 11
Floating Gardens 22
Longhouse 0
Mud Pyramid Mosque 7
Paper Maker 26
Pyramid 32
Satrap's Court 17
Stele 25
Wat 21

Sorry Longhouse, but it seems that noone likes you here.

And I(m upvoting coffe house. There are many better buildings on the list, but many worse, imho. Windmill buildable anywhere is pretty decent.

Bazaar 24
Burial Tomb 20
Ceilidh Hall 19 (-2) An Opera House Replacement? Right - having such a late UB that requires, not 1, but 2 high cost maint buildings to build. And it itself being a fairly high maint build? In general I feel like if you are going wide you have little reason to head that high up the culture building chart - because you might want to be focusing on I don't know domination or science.
Coffee House 11
Floating Gardens 23 (+1) (The other great UBs are much more focused on "wide" rather than tall empires. The Floating Gardens helps you get tall quicker, in more situation (with lakes as well rather than just rivers), and potentially more food than others
Mud Pyramid Mosque 7
Paper Maker 26
Pyramid 32
Satrap's Court 17
Stele 25
Wat 21

Bazaar 22 (-2)
Burial Tomb 20
Ceilidh Hall 20 (+1)
Coffee House 11
Floating Gardens 23
Mud Pyramid Mosque 7
Paper Maker 26
Pyramid 32
Satrap's Court 17
Stele 25
Wat 21

The Bazaar depends on having more trading partners than you would have of a resource to trade away. If you don't have a lux, or you have the 20th copy of a lux in a city's radius, or you have wiped out 2 civs, or you are expanding too "aggressively", or if you are on a small map...it's not going to help much at all.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I generally like to keep my culture production up in a domination game. Almost all my cities will be working up to opera house anyway to make up for the increased policy costs, and getting happiness to offset the hit there as well makes the Ceilidh Hall the ideal building.

Bazaar 20 (-2)
Burial Tomb 20
Ceilidh Hall 20
Coffee House 11
Floating Gardens 23
Mud Pyramid Mosque 7
Paper Maker 26
Pyramid 33 (+1)
Satrap's Court 17
Stele 25
Wat 21

I see that the Longhouse has been eliminated. I updated the OP accordingly.

Today I am going to jump on the Maya Pyramid bandwagen. What a great UB to spam when going wide in the early game. If you take the Messenger of the Gods Pantheon, it is like getting +4 :c5science: from each city your found. Not to mention that every little bit of :c5faith: can help in the religion race, and turns into late game great people.

I'm going to vote down the Bazaar. It is a bit gimmicky IMHO.

Bazaar 20
Burial Tomb 20
Ceilidh Hall 18 (-2) Not great synergy with a warmonger game, and like Gucumatz said, if you're going culture then happiness usually isn't in short supply.
Coffee House 11
Floating Gardens 23
Mud Pyramid Mosque 7
Paper Maker 26
Pyramid 32
Satrap's Court 17
Stele 26 (+1) A guaranteed religion is always nice.
Wat 21

GO RAVENS

Bazaar 21
Burial Tomb 20
Ceilidh Hall 18
Coffee House 11
Floating Gardens 23
Mud Pyramid Mosque 7
Paper Maker 26
Pyramid 30
Satrap's Court 17
Stele 26
Wat 21

Bazaar for producing a god-like amount of gold, and Pyramid for being too high relative to other UB's that I prefer.

Bazaar 21
Burial Tomb 20
Ceilidh Hall 19 (+1)
Coffee House 9 (-2)
Floating Gardens 23
Mud Pyramid Mosque 7
Paper Maker 26
Pyramid 31
Satrap's Court 17
Stele 26
Wat 21

Mesix forgot to boost pyramid when he voted for it.

Ceilidh Hall is too good to deserve this much hate. A culture building that also gives the happiness of a theatre? Sign me up!

Coffee House gets a downvote from me because it's one of the worst, if not the worst on here. The GG production is really only good in your 2 or 3 best cities, and it even downs the production % (albeit it works on either unit or building now)

Top Bottom