Keldath addons

xD
Tell ya tomorrow, today I was finishing some other game, tomorrow I start a new game with sevo mod and your addon..And I iwll start at noble cuz I always start at noble/quick in a new mod or new version to test stuff..
Have a good night :p

keldath I have the big file dl both patches in the assets folder and I still get theCTD did I unrar in wrong folder

pehaps donkey,

i played already 500 turns on mp game - no ctd,

do this -
dl the huge file - (if you have it -no need to do again offcourse)

then use only patch a-1.

thats all.

to see that it worked - go to the civilopedia - see if you can see the battring ram , if you can see the mini picture and all the info about it - you did good.

keep me posted ill help you.

one thing that annoyes me - the a.i is too easy - im working on somthing to make it harder :)

I started a game and I was geram I meet mansa lo and behold mansa had a jaggurnetfrom the get go LOL this might be a bug I am going to start a new game and see what happens . I always have problems(lol)I guess my computer is possesed

damnit man i'm cursedstill ctd! this is what I did went to filefront downloaded patch a-1 went to kelgir mod opened file went to to assets clicked that file began DL at the assets file and UNRAR the file inthe assets file . Started to play built a battering ramCtd . I hope the discreption of how I dl the patch helps thanks

keldath said:
pehaps donkey,
do this -
dl the huge file - (if you have it -no need to do again offcourse)

then use only patch a-1.

damn, i just installed both patches over the big download...and crashes on loading the savegame...guess i should read the forum here more thouroughly ..

NOPE, doesn't work..on loading the savegame it crashes.
here's the savegame 550kB
http://mrgenie.dyndns.org:82/SEVO_ALTERNATIVE/Keldath%205UU%20+%20GIR_complete%20install%20including%20SEVO%203.1/5UU_SEVO_GIR.Civ4SavedGame

so i guess patch 1-A is 100% not compatible with old saves..even loading a complete new generated map(which i saved immediatly after putting the civs on their places) crashes :) will start a new game and see what happens..you say the battering ram was the problem? could be..I wasn't building one..but a few turns after i hand over this tech to a computer it happened...

btw, this is the most annoying thing in the game..the computer can always ask me for tech, and i get negative points if i refuse...but I cannot ask the comp in most cases...i hate this!! this is definatly not good for the gameplay!! computer has a huge diplomatic advance over human player by allowing him to ask for anything and you'll be punishes when you say no, but you on your hands cannot ask the comp the same, neither will he be punished when you see his tech red with the comment:"dont want to share this tech with you yet"
one should disable thi computer tech request..if i wanna share it with him I'll notify him myself..without negative diplomatic points!
as for the AI, it looks to me on higher levels, it has advantages with techbonusses, money bonus, production bonus, anyway..some bonus, but it's combat strategy is a farce! it doesn't use bombers to bomb your strategical resources, it doesn't focus attacks on cities(capture 1 at a time) it doesn't retreat it's armed forces if it sees my forces are bigger(it should retreat behind own lines to use advantage of defence bonusses) etc etc...if he retreats and bombs my ongoing armies with planes, after 4 5 turns retreating my units have been weaken so far, that his smaller army can again go in the offence...the AI lacks this kind of logical thinking.

i read in dale's mod he rewrote the IA combat tactics...maybe to consider adding this to the 5UU+kelgir mod? instead of trying to invent the wheel twice? :)

hey mrgenie,

im puzzelld - i already played 500 turns online - no ctd,

i guess ill have to use the patch my self and see what happens - pehaps i didnt made a currec patch? though my friend used it...also.

i need you to check somthing for me -
on your vertion - get into the civilipodia - and tell me if the battring ram seems ok,
or even so - try to put it through the ram on the map - see what it does.

oh, and did you installed the patch a before? cause you only need to use the patch a-1 on the vannila huge file.

well, im playing now in boosted mode(start with 4 cities and cheated 100scientists) :) ...
-battering ram passed CHECK
-build CHECK
-pedia CHECK
so far so good :)
started a new game though..i really cannot load the old savegame..it might be corrupted already anyway.

Last game I played with Dales mod and I must agree that it should go in sevomod somehow...But about the AI in combat, the only thing is that they can use Really good the features in his mod, they really know how to use the stacks, but(!!) in the rest I didnt see much changes, the AI seems still to be a little stupid when it comes to normal tatics of combat, like look for best defensive bonus or retreat..At least I had that impression hehe, but they use really good the stack thing, I got really owned in Prince lol

Ps: Posting this in Sevo mod thread as well

Hey, 1 suggestion about the Ai combat and AI focusing only in 1 city or target...I saw it in another thread of othert mod and no, I dunno anything about xml or so, just copying what might be a good idea, look it:
-Stack limit to enforce AI flanking tactics(El Loco Mono)
(the limit of a stack is 7, you can increase or decrease this number if you change this value in GlobalDefinesAlt: <DefineName>STACK_MAX_SIZE</DefineName><iDefineIntVal>7</iDefineIntVal>)

As far as I understood, this mean thast you or AI cant make a stack with more than 7 units? So AI will be forced to have more than 1 stack at time, that is good isnt it? Well, the problem is that it wouldent work in dales mod :p

PS: if I said **** ignore it :p

which file do you suggest,art xml for example

yes in the kelgir mod I dl it into the arts file and still ctdI give up thanks any way

thanks dude

hm, i have a question, is it only on my computer, or do you also notice the messages on the left side of the screen(those when getting in the next turn) are always 1 turn too late?

I.e. Mac Donald converts to hinduism, i see it on the right lower part that he changes his religion..but, in the turn he changes it, i don't see the message on the left side..although he already converted!! 1turn later, his 2nd turn in game after he converts, i get the message.

Top Bottom