[DOTO] Dawn Of The OverLords

@FexFX
If you are really interested in balancing a mega cities mod. I will be glad to help on this. We can start from scratch or select a mod to start with. This can be yet another type of mods. It doesn't have to be about more of everything as long as it have more fun.

Not a bad idea...
A mod that does NOTHINg but go for a 3 radius with balance...
Very interesting idea.

I'll have to ponder it.
:)

dunno if it worked in the pm, so here it is again: ok i saw that it doesnt like RAR files so there it is in ZIP ;)

Attachments

• Text.zip
    35.4 KB · Views: 163
I realize in huge maps why the three square radius would be beneficial. But how difficult would it be to make it a one square radius for cities on a standard size (slightly adjusted) world map?

Nice mod,

Played a large map, 14 civs, snaky continents, your custom game speed. I played noble. The AI is just so bad when it comes to research if tech trading is off. Some AI Civs are still researching alphabet when i am completing railroads. Can u implement a tech diffusion component? Help the AI with research when tech trading is disabled.

As for your custom game speed, it seems good. Needs a little tweaking. Lower the time it takes for buildings by about 25 - 35%. It seems that some buildings take more time to build than it did to research the tech needed to build them. (Granary comes to mind). Unit production should also be lowered by about 20 - 30%. I would leave the tech rate where it is. I checked the xml to see if i could tweak it a little, and do some playtesting but I cant find the entries for your custom speed. What file is it in? Or is it under a diff. name? I noticed to marathons in 1 xml is it one of those.

I played version 1.2 as Stalin and some unique units didn't work properly. I think it was SU-85 tank, and 1 other. You can't attack with them. Also a weird bug with fighters. For some reason i could only attack with 1 or 2 in a stack of 5 - 6. The outline of where they could attack didn't show for these. Don't know if they could intercept.. no ai had fighters at the time.

You prob. didn't implement this yet, but if not some wonder movies don't show. Could use an interface button that magically makes a hot chick appear.

Other than that it is a good mod.

hey civfan,

thanks alot forth report,

i will take a ook at the units, perhaps i missed somthing during my convertion to bts (was very difficult -my details).

bout the speed, fexfx is going to ajust the speeds direclty to my mod,
so this will be awesome.

not sure bout the stacked fighters,
id love to have a savegame, but never the less ill take a ook at it.

hot . .. .. .. .. . apear....i like the way you think :)

thanks again :)

maybe you could mix your mod in with fexfx's? dont know if this is possible as im a total n00b at modding. I like your ideas and extra units etc, i'll download this once its completed though :).

Dan

@danbeherenow

FexFx mod is already merged into overlord.

No mod is ever (complete). They keep evolving all the time as long as they are maintained and popular enough. This mod is quite enjoyable and is getting better everyday. I suggest that you download it and give it a trial and help improve it by providing feedback.

i have tried the 3 tile radius patch in my last game and it works fine, the cities get vast - though, especially funny was my captial with 15 or so wood preserves and national park :D, in the game i was on the losing side until gunpowder and the discovery of the only sulfur source on the continent on the far end the continent. in a daring assault i invaded the byzantines with longbows and knights to grab that sulfur, now i was the only civ with gunpowder on my continent. the incans were rushing tech and were 5 or 6 techs ahead and rising (on the other continent). grabbed their sulfur by sea invasion with 8 riflemen and then slowly bled them to death. without sulfur they were doomed and because they didnt bother to research railroad during the war (machine guns) i was winning against the tech and production leader of the game. i didnt finish the game because my domination was obvious, had 2 powerful vassals and was tech leader by far. all in all another joyous game with this mod, but some things were flawed:

- the icons for hunduism and buddhism seem swapped
- luxury resources themselves give no happines bonus, unless you build a building live theatre that uses dye to give a health bonus - intended?
- i hooked up ivory but still couldnt build war elephants
- the hero promotions and trait promotions dont seem to be included in the code (i looked through it) - intended?
- the fex game speed seems odd (settler takes 70 turns to produce, thats hell of a long time)

hey impeator,

thanks for the nice description :)

so,
the icons are indeed mixed up - i hope i ca find someone to help me fix this.

some of the resources, i took the hppyness factor until its being built on,
kalimahus suggested it, you think i should rechange it?

weird, i will check this ivory - elephant bug - i really like elephants!

the here prom should be apear after hero 1 , ill look into lso just incase.

fexfx is working on a speed built for my mod - i gave him a summery of my added stuff = and he will create an appropriate speed :)

with all this reports im getting - i hope v.1.4 wil be much better built as for balance.

everything you report is important to me. :)

Just an FYI - I have no issues with ivory and war elephants. Several of them have been deployed in current game.

@Imperator

The idea that some resources will give happiness or health only if some building is there, is meant to keep the game balanced while having many new resources. With the number of resources in the mod you shouldn't have a problem with happiness or health, but if any of your cities got so big then you can build some building that provides you with the needed happiness or health. In fact I was going to suggest making some military buildings cost money so that one can't get filthy rich (another balance issue that was mentioned before).

kalimahus, hey

i need you to explain me more what do you need me to do with the shrines for zoras and shinto,

thanks

(buidings cost monny...mmm..very good idea, though not sure i can implement in the xml)

Keldath, I think he's just talking about Upkeep cost...Or...Does he mean that you have to pay $XXX at creation?!

@Keldath

For the shrines I only want the Great Prophet to be able to build them in the holy city as it is the case for other religions. The buildings are already defined in Civ4BuildingInfos.xml you might only need to add them to the Prophet section in Civ4UnitInfos.xml under Buildings.

What I meant by buildings costing money is that some military buildings can (subtract) commerce from the city each turn. I am almost sure it can be done in XML. But you might need to do this only if it is evident that it is needed to prevent players from getting too rich thus unbalancing the game.

To make buildings or units cost money on creation you can just implement it in Python in CvEventManager.py (ex: in onBuildingBuilt).

Top Bottom