[BtS] Rise of Mankind 2

Hi guys, first of all lemme say that i think this mod is awsome :), i dont think i can ever get back to playing regular civ ever again , or study for my exams for that matter.. That aside heres the bug i've been encountering. So far ive played 3 games and all 3 of them the game freezes at some point. in the first game it was 1890~ the second 1900~ and the third 1950~ , so its pretty far in, and it would freeze after i reload on the same turn as well. It sais that the error is in the civ core dll , ive also atached the logs for the last crash to this post. Oh, the first two times this happened i was running the 2.00 version , for the third im running the 2.01 with revolution, dcm and influnce installed as well, ive disabled stack attack and battle effects. Ive also tried redusing grafix disablin sound etc, but whenever it happens once it will definately happen again after reload.... I somehow menaged to get past it one time, but im not sure how.. basically i had my movie player running in the background (dont even remember why) and i just pressed end of turn and didnt do anything else till it passed that turn, last time i tried that though it didnt work .. maybe cuz the movie player wasnt on :) jk..
Anyway i hope that info is accurate enough , keep up the good work and again i love rise of mankind :)

Attachments

• Logs.rar
    1.3 MB · Views: 126
Hi, I've installed your mod, RoM2 along with the extra civs add-on and Revolutions add-on. However whenever I try and start a game, the interface is missing. All I see is the map with the units. I've uninstalled and re-installed, and made sure I followed all the steps in the right order, but no dice. :( Any suggestions? Thank you! And brilliant looking mod btw. :)

Yes I installed it to Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods. I don't have any interface though, gray or blue. :confused: Maybe I am doing something wrong?

Hi guys, first of all lemme say that i think this mod is awsome :), i dont think i can ever get back to playing regular civ ever again , or study for my exams for that matter.. That aside heres the bug i've been encountering. So far ive played 3 games and all 3 of them the game freezes at some point. in the first game it was 1890~ the second 1900~ and the third 1950~ , so its pretty far in, and it would freeze after i reload on the same turn as well. It sais that the error is in the civ core dll , ive also atached the logs for the last crash to this post. Oh, the first two times this happened i was running the 2.00 version , for the third im running the 2.01 with revolution, dcm and influnce installed as well, ive disabled stack attack and battle effects. Ive also tried redusing grafix disablin sound etc, but whenever it happens once it will definately happen again after reload.... I somehow menaged to get past it one time, but im not sure how.. basically i had my movie player running in the background (dont even remember why) and i just pressed end of turn and didnt do anything else till it passed that turn, last time i tried that though it didnt work .. maybe cuz the movie player wasnt on :) jk..
Anyway i hope that info is accurate enough , keep up the good work and again i love rise of mankind :)

I ran into a problem just like this in ver 1.02....
I haven't got far enough in to 2.0 yet, but I'm not liking the sound of this....
Why is this problem not being addressed? It is unimaginably annoying to get this late in the game and get cut off by the "impossible to load turn".

Hi, I've installed your mod, RoM2 along with the extra civs add-on and Revolutions add-on. However whenever I try and start a game, the interface is missing. All I see is the map with the units. I've uninstalled and re-installed, and made sure I followed all the steps in the right order, but no dice. :( Any suggestions? Thank you! And brilliant looking mod btw. :)

By all the steps you mean that you did Removed the Python folder of RoM before you install the RevolutionDCM Add-On.

You checked that the folder structure is correct (i.e. you have Rise of Mankind folder that doesn't include another Rise of Mankind folder inside it).

If all above checked then try using an older CvPath.py instead of the one you have now. To do so open the Rise of Mankind 2.0 archive (i.e. the full mod not the patch) in WinZip. It gives you a folder view like the one of windows explorer so go to assets\python\iniparser and there you will find CvPath.py. Drag this file to your Rise of Mankind\assets\Python folder. Allow the one there to be overwritten.

Hopefully one of the above works as they are the known possible causes of the issue you have.

Allow me to second the advice given earlier. If you're trying to run Rise of Mankind with the RevolutionsDCM add-on, you have to delete the Python folder inside the Rise of Mankind mod folder before you apply the add-on. The problem you're having is the same one I had, and it was happening because I didn't follow that step of the directions. You can do this if you've already applied the add-on. Just go into the Rise of Mankind/assets folder, then delete the Python folder, then reapply the add-on.

Enjoy conquering the world all over again. ^_^

ZAppara:
Once more: what can I do about this?
Writing detailed report to version 2.x bug reports -thread would be first step. Read the instructions from the 1st post in that thread and enable logging. After CTD, post the log files in that thread + saved game file so I can take a look at them. If the CTD is caused by the bug in the game engine, then there's nothing I can do about it but if there's bug related to the mod, with the help of those files I might be able to locate it.

Check also this thread for possible solutions for CTD/MAF errors.

Reducing graphic settings and enabling memsaver (option in civilizationIV.ini) might help too.

Is it only me that got this error?
I can't download the file.
The filefront always said
Your download has failed. There were no available download servers.
Click here to try your download again. Click here to try your download again.
Some help please.....
This mod looked wonderful

There is Finland too? Wow, I need to download this as soon as possible.
Sweden and Finland, can't wait. Excellent job! :)

Mehmed II

There are some many civs now (over 80), that I can play as some random african civ I've never heard of.

Hey Zappara, is the next patch coming out any time soon?
Also, what unique units do you have for the extra civs in the civ pack?

@i_diavolorosso

It worked for me when I just tested it...:confused: When I get next patch done, I'll upload the complete mod with patches included to couple download locations so that if one download location isn't working for someone, they'll have mirror sites for it as well. Just need to find first good and free mirror sites...

@Matt0088

I'm trying to play the mod now too! :lol: While I play, I do make adjustments to WIP (Work In Progress) version but as you know, one marathon game can last quite long so making patch goes slowly now for few weeks.. there's couple new units/buildings/techs so far. ;) I probably won't be updating UUs in the extra Civ addon pack as it's quite time consuming just to play the main mod and try to patch that one.

By all the steps you mean that you did Removed the Python folder of RoM before you install the RevolutionDCM Add-On.

You checked that the folder structure is correct (i.e. you have Rise of Mankind folder that doesn't include another Rise of Mankind folder inside it).

If all above checked then try using an older CvPath.py instead of the one you have now. To do so open the Rise of Mankind 2.0 archive (i.e. the full mod not the patch) in WinZip. It gives you a folder view like the one of windows explorer so go to assets\python\iniparser and there you will find CvPath.py. Drag this file to your Rise of Mankind\assets\Python folder. Allow the one there to be overwritten.

Hopefully one of the above works as they are the known possible causes of the issue you have.

:blush: I did not realize I needed to delete the Python folder. I had done all the other parts but not that. That fixed it! Thank you very much. :)

I think I may have installed RoM incorrectly; I downloaded the main 2.1 mod, then installed Kal's addon pack, then the 48 civs pack.

I'm getting an XML error in CIV4DIPLOMACYINFOS.xml on leaders' names. It occurs during map generation. I can click some of them, but it's so slow I haven't bothered trying to get through them to see if the game still works.

hello Zap , i had to register to say thank you for making this great mod :)

you said rom 2 have multiplayers issues , like out of sync errors... but thats most likely when you play online , my question is : what about the hotseat ?

i play alot with my friends and hopefully it still work , no ctd or errors , but we are only at 750 AD

Thanks in advance for replying me :)

Hi there,

I'd like to leave a comment about the snail gamespeed. Personally i love EPIC games, however there are some things i noticed, that could make thet gamespeed more fun:

- the speed of production seems a bit too low. It takes forever to build a simple forge in a small city, wonders build time are insane sometimes (like 120 turns in a well developed city in the ancient) -> I changed the speed in the xml file from 600 to 200, that gave me a more realistic feeling in the game

- same applies to workers building roads and improvements. In the moment it takes 10 turn to build a single piece of road, and like 40 turns to build a farm or a cottage. (Just for comparision - that would be 200 years to build a simple farm, when one turn is 5 years) -> I also changed those to 200

- actually the whole production is too slow. It's ok that thing take a bit longer but in the moment building up your city even only with the most basic building is a matter of centuries.

- However I love the slow research rate (I even made it a bit slower) as this enables me to really play a while with my technology, rather than doing a "upgrade race" all the time...

Having balanced production speed and ressearch it's swee for me now, I just wanted to post my impressions - maybe other players get the same feeling. If so, you could consider to put those gamespeed changes into the next update...

Greetings
Codex

Not sure if this is a bug or not but to build iron works you need X forges .. the issue is you get the steel mill the same time and they replaces forges ... what this means is you have to wait to build your steel mills until your ironworks is done which is a PITA.

Can you make the Ironworks require forges or steel mills (or a combination)

Top Bottom