Orion's Grand Inquisition

Do you have a religioninfos.xml file in your custom assets directory?

Because the behaviour you're griping about is usually because some of the religions have NONE defined as their starting tech.

Do you have a religioninfos.xml file in your custom assets directory?

Because the behavior you're griping??:confused: about is usually because some of the religions have NONE defined as their starting tech.

Nope, and ALL of my religions have a starting tech. And i dont use Custom Assets what so ever. In fact i erase them each time before i play just incase something got in there.

griping = complaining :D

I really have no idea what could be causing that then. Could you upload a save of the turn where random religions are getting discovered?

I wouldn't make that conclusion at all. Let's examine what was said:

1. First, he had a music problem, which is "not related" to your issue of founding religions on non-religious techs.

2. Second, he had a problem with which religion was founded first, not when it was founded. A simple explaination for that is the mod includes code that checks for the favorite religion of the founding civ. There are a lot of Civs whose favorite religion is Christianity. Again, no problem with the mod here.

No my friend, this problem of founding religions on non-religious techs is happening only on your PC and I have no idea why. Not once have I ever founded a religion on a non-religious tech, unless a tech trade was made for a religious tech. Even then the mod worked as it should have.

Respectfully,

Orion Veteran :cool:

Strategyfirst, the only thing you might be able to do is zip your xml directory and upload it so we can all look at it and try to see what you did.

Personally, I'd suggest:

Delete the mod from your mods dir

redownload

reinstall the mod.

2. Second, he had a problem with which religion was founded first, not when it was founded. A simple explaination for that is the mod includes code that checks for the favorite religion of the founding civ. There are a lot of Civs whose favorite religion is Christianity. Again, no problem with the mod here.

One thing, though - he mentions that Choose Religions is Off. Do the AI's ignore this setting, i.e., is it for the human player only?

One thing, though - he mentions that Choose Religions is Off. Do the AI's ignore this setting, i.e., is it for the human player only?

The key is Limited religions. Remember choose religions is only for Human players and not the AI, as it produces the popup menu of religions.

If playing limited religions, then the AI will look for the favorite religion and if it is available, then the AI Civ will select it.

If not playing limited religions, the game plays as it normally would in BTS, whether or not choose religions is on or off.

In Grand Inquisitions, the AI must always select a religion for AI Civs. Note: RevDCM runs it differently.

Respectfully,

Great, thanks for the clarification. :)

EDIT: Looking back at your mod, I don't think the explanation you just gave me is anywhere to be found. Maybe you should have a little more detail on each of the four variables in the first post of the original Inquisition thread? :yup:

Another thing: Are you looking to change the coding for this, as phungus has done for RevDCM (code is posted further down)? It allows you to turn off the canTrain python callback, which takes considerable time.

Strategyfirst, the only thing you might be able to do is zip your xml directory and upload it so we can all look at it and try to see what you did.

Personally, I'd suggest:

Delete the mod from your mods dir

redownload

reinstall the mod.

See that is the problem, cause i did NOT change anything in the Grand Inquis mod, i JUST used it and added nothing to it.

Is there a way to bypass all of the other mods associated with this (WoC, BUG etc.) and add ONLY the inquistors and related stuff to a mod?

Is there a way to bypass all of the other mods associated with this (WoC, BUG etc.) and add ONLY the inquisitors and related stuff to a mod?

I think there used to be one, 210 i think. But i asked for help with old stuff and got, use the NEW stuff its better. No offense to Orion. I still like your older stuff, and some of the new even though i CANT get it to work correctly.:( I think it all went haywire when you added that Limited Religion stuff in with it. Again NO offense.

I think there used to be one, 210 i think. But i asked for help with old stuff and got, use the NEW stuff its better. No offense to Orion. I still like your older stuff, and some of the new even though i CANT get it to work correctly.:( I think it all went haywire when you added that Limited Religion stuff in with it. Again NO offense.

So say I were making a mod, what would be the best way to incorporate the Inquistor unit?

So say I were making a mod, what would be the best way to incorporate the Inquistor unit?

I have a copy of 210 and even 200f if you'd like. You'd just have to make a few changes, but not much to fit your mod.;) That way you dont have to mess with that SDK/dll stuff.

I have a copy of 210 and even 200f if you'd like. You'd just have to make a few changes, but not much to fit your mod.;) That way you dont have to mess with that SDK/dll stuff.

That would be fantastic, all I want is the Inquisitor ability itself. I could even attach it to a Cathedral or something too, so I don't need the Inquisitor's Office or anything like that really. Out of curiousity though, what is the difference between 210 and 200?

That would be fantastic, all I want is the Inquisitor ability itself. I could even attach it to a Cathedral or something too, so I don't need the Inquisitor's Office or anything like that really. Out of curiousity though, what is the difference between 210 and 200?

Its like you said, one has the Holy Office and i am pretty sure the other one doesn't, but am not for sure, i personally like 210 better, but i am just providing, :p I hope Orion doesnt mind?

Thanks Strat'! :goodjob:

If you don't know off-hand that's fine, but do you know the specific differences (as specific as possible) and if there is any problem with compatibility with 3.19. I am asking because I am not the most experienced modder around here by any means and I don't want to screw everything up.

And if Orion has a problem with it, I'll tell him I beat you up or something. ;)

See that is the problem, cause i did NOT change anything in the Grand Inquis mod, i JUST used it and added nothing to it.

Neither of those screenshots answers any of my questions, and neither of those screenshots show us if you're using "Choose Religion" from the base game options.

So... (time to be a penis), either upload your save file, upload your entire xml directory, or accept that nobody can reproduce your error and admit that PEBKAC.

The best way is to utilize the stand alone mod component, "Orion's Inquisition Mod."

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=300619

This mod component has the minimum files necessary for the inquisitor to run properly. Version 250D is the best version to date, with the best performance, except in StategyOnly's case. He likely has a PC problem, as the error he has encountered has not been duplicated by anyone else. Hundreds of hours of testing has proven version 250D worthy, as it is used by several people in their respective mods. I don't recommend the older version 210, as much of the improved code is left out and there were a few bugs. Not so with version 250D.

Respectfully,

Top Bottom