Orion's Grand Inquisition

I'm sorry you didn't get to have more fun on your play-through.

Mine warfare was a cool innovation, the random explosions added suspense. Based on what I've read about Python checks slowing BTS, I'm convinced you're right about everything.

That's an ambitious solution, and I salute you for it . :hatsoff:

Orion,

Been playing your mod a few times now and, yes, I have noticed the perfomance hit. Normally, I would have subscribed it to playing a large map and too many units. I was not aware of the mine checks. It does make sense as time goes on as more roads and railroads are built, the number of units moving and tiles checked goes up exponentially!! I hope you can migrate this and will keep watch.

One other thing I've noticed deals with the resources. I know early on, you can plant corn, wheat, and rice. As I understand it, if the tile you are planting on has another resource allocated to it (which you cannot see like oil, aluminum, etc), the resource is overwritten in favor of the corn, rice, or wheat. As a result, I dont do any planting until I get into the later stages of the game when I can see most of the world resources.

However, one thing I have noticed in the later stages of game and is a complete lack of the later resources; aluminum, uranium, oil (especially), and titanium (have yet to see a game with it). I am wondering if all the AI planting is eliminating many of these "important" resources.

I am not sure how you can work around this or even allow a player to have a warning message when he is about to overwrite a resource that they cannot see yet. I would love to use the planting feature right off the bat when I get it, but I fear destroying a more precious resource. It would to help to know something is there and allow us to use the planting feature.

Just my 2 cents worth! Keep up the good work!

Orion’s Grand Inquisition Mod version 3.0

Announcing the definitive mod for Civilization 4 Beyond the Sword (BTS 3.19): Orion’s Grand Inquisition Mod version 3.0. is the result of another year of difficult programming in SDK, Python and XML. See the first page for the download link and get it today.

Looks interesting. Just to be clear, if I dl the v3.00 do I still need to configure the .ini even if I don't have v2.55? or is it good to go, and I just select the orion smartmap.

tyvm sir, looking forward to it.

I'm impressed, Orion. I didn't realise you were still playing Civ IV! :)

I'm impressed, Orion. I didn't realise you were still playing Civ IV! :)

I never quit. I plan on playing Civ4 BTS OGI long into the future, as it was specifically designed for longevity. Over the last year and a half, the amount of work that has gone into this mod is enormous. I met over 90% of all my goals. I have no doubt that OGI 3.0 will provide many years of entertainment for all. No python callbacks, Mine Warfare that actually works and selectable traits obtained by 7 Mystery wonders; and so much more. It is by far the best mod I have ever released.

The historian and I believe OGI is the definitive mod for Civ4, as you have endless choice and strategic possibilities. With the proper difficulty level, you will be challenged with formidable opponents. I have no doubt that the popularity of OGI will increase dramatically as time goes on and people realize what OGI has to offer. ...A mod that works and provides real fun!

I am providing my master piece, as a gift, to the Civ community and the world for free. Not many things in life are free. So enjoy! And don't forget all those who helped OGI become what it is today. All the graphics modders, all the coding solutions from the coding experts and the outstanding contributions from the historian. My gratitude to all who helped and continue to do so. :)

Having quite a few of these on every turn. Did I mess up on the install? or is this a different problem.
I usually avg about 5-10 of these exceptions per end turn.

Amusingly, it seems the 10 Commmandments wonder can only be built in a city with no religions. The Civilopedia neglects to mention this.

Having quite a few of these on every turn. Did I mess up on the install? or is this a different problem.
I usually avg about 5-10 of these exceptions per end turn.

1. Image 1: A file IO error usually happens when a computer tries to read or write from a drive, disk, or a file. I would run a CHKDSK /f on your hard drive. It could also be that the Drakarska.txt file is corrupt and needs to deleted. If those solutions fail to solve the problem, then you might try and download the mod again.

2. Image 2: I'd run the CHKDSK /f for this problem also. Warlords may need to be reinstalled along with the patches.

3. Image 3: Turn off Logging within the BUG 4.4 options menu.

Amusingly, it seems the 10 Commmandments wonder can only be built in a city with no religions. The Civilopedia neglects to mention this.

LOL! That is an obvious oversight and an easy fix. Please make the following change in the CIV4BuildingInfos.xml file for the BUILDINGCLASS_COMMANDMENTS wonder.

<bStateReligion>0</bStateReligion>

To:
<bStateReligion>1</bStateReligion>

That change will make the wonder require a state religion. :religion:

Thanks for the feedback.

1. Image 1: A file IO error usually happens when a computer tries to read or write from a drive, disk, or a file. I would run a CHKDSK /f on your hard drive. It could also be that the Drakarska.txt file is corrupt and needs to deleted. If those solutions fail to solve the problem, then you might try and download the mod again.

2. Image 2: I'd run the CHKDSK /f for this problem also. Warlords may need to be reinstalled along with the patches.

3. Image 3: Turn off Logging within the BUG 4.4 options menu.

1) Um, I'm on WIN7, sonot sure exactly how to get to DOS for that.

2) Warlords is updated to the latest patch

3) Ok, I'll give the BUG thing a try.

1) Um, I'm on WIN7, sonot sure exactly how to get to DOS for that.

2) Warlords is updated to the latest patch

3) Ok, I'll give the BUG thing a try.

If you are using Windows 7, you must make sure the proper X86 path is set in the BUG menu options. Secondly, you must verify the integrity of your hard drive. That is why I recommended using the CHKDSK /f command. Do a defrag, as well.

Orion, I've noticed in DCM there is something called Attack Support. It is from RevDCM, has a GlobalDefines.xml entry, but I can't figure out what it is besides being triggered only during stack attacks.

Anyway, it is in your sdk as well, but doesn't have a corresponding xml entry. I'm switching it to a another Gameoption in the new version.

Orion, I've noticed in DCM there is something called Attack Support. It is from RevDCM, has a GlobalDefines.xml entry, but I can't figure out what it is besides being triggered only during stack attacks.

Anyway, it is in your sdk as well, but doesn't have a corresponding xml entry. I'm switching it to a another Gameoption in the new version.

This could be part of the reason why stack attack is not working correctly. Together we shall get to the bottom of this issue. Good catch!

Top Bottom