We´re not all barbarians

Enthusiastically snatched :D. It may be a longer while until I can play again (moving to a new flat), so I'll play tonight!

Quite uneventful turnset. The Russians captured Ainu, so we can forget about it. I focused almost exclusively on military, we have risen from 7th to 5th in power. Still Cyrus is almost twice as powerful as we are, and Mansa has capitulated to him as well now. I added a Castle in our front city in case Cyrus wants to smash his head on it. The next player can focus on the economic buildup then. Frederick built Taj.

We have a GS, I left him unmoved.

Imhotep

Attachments

• NB - Genghis Khan AD-1290.CivBeyondSwordSave
    703.2 KB · Views: 122
Got it. How about hoping for a non-GS in 3 turns and launch a GA and become jews like nearly everybody else including Persia, but with the notable exception of China? Good for diplo. Maybe we can then spread judaism a bit to profit more from OR. And take merc. Otherwise build universities and Oxford in Beshbalik.

Interesting thought. Karakorum could be missionary pump. Wait for next GP I guess. An academy in Beshbalik wouldn't be totally wasted (or any other cottage city). Maybe even consider Jewish monastery in Karakorum and 1 turn anarchy to change religion once Kara's converted a few cities.

Yet another quiet builder set. Got ourselves the required 8 universities to just start on Oxford. We popped another GS, so couldn't launch a GA. Decided for an academy in Beshbalik, our prospective Oxford city. Other GS left unused for a possible GA with next GP.

Decided to switch to judaism for 1 turn of revolt. We're basically only building infra, so that makes OR worthwhile. Spread judaism quite a bit, our most important cities have it now.

Courtesy of our new religion the world starts to be quite pleased with us. Catherine even adores us. Of course we not only share judaism, but are both rather skillful with horses. :mischief: So when she offered this with this naughty and tempting expression on her face, I couldn't refuse.

Boldly sent our keshik in Australia exploring, to find out it's still unclaimed territory. Even found a hut defended by a warrior, which unfortunately didn't pop us astro, but more hostile aboriginals. Speaking of astro, queued that after MT came in, we're about half way with it. At the time astro seemed good for trade, but meanwhile our fiancé got it already.

Attachments

• NB - Genghis Khan AD-1400.CivBeyondSwordSave
    752.8 KB · Views: 127
With the defensive pact (I think noone could refuse such thing :p ) military is not that crucial anymore.
we have to turn to a furious settler machine.
australia, south america...
we are coming !

a possibility to trade for astro?

We seem to be falling behind at the moment but we're probably reasonably safe militarily and diplomatically for now (famous last words). The americas are beckoning (hopefully we can trade astro/miltrad for some stuff).

That would be LK I expect.

LK UP

cripp7 decking

Didn't realize I was up - got it.

I miss these with a roster

1400 AD
I dial up England and give them military tradition for drama, printing press and $80.
I give Mansa MT for chemistry, and an updated map.
With the majority of the world thinking we are too advanced, I have to take any scraps of trading possible.

1440 AD
(IT) Sorry Asoka, but it is barbaric for you to demand military tradition.

1460 AD
Stupid barbs screwing with our fishing boats in Otrar.

BLEH - the only people that are willing to trade with us all got astronomy. :(

1470 AD
No tech has a clear advantage to me. I set steel as a filler, and will pass the game off here.

Summary:
Another settler pair has just left for Australia.
A Jewish missionary is waiting to load onto the caravel to get religion to our southern holdings.
Lack of ports to build ships with is really slowing us down. I would like to put Korea on infinite ship duty. We need more to shuttle to Australia, and a few caravels to America for contact would really help us.

Don't know what happened to the attached save.

Will try again when I get home tonight.

Let us see if the attachment takes this time...

the first priority seem to build 3-4 galelon

a galley can be upgraded for a galleon, korea should start a galleon asap. (whip it after 1 turn?)

for tech path, i propose to go for comunism (2 tech away and very helpful for colony maintenance).
We can also try to catch the great spy (not yet taken but others are mutch closer).
both steel and scientific methods are known anyway...

for first ship for south america, i propose only armies to grab the city in argentina (there always one there and it is quite good)
first settler for chile (if barabarian didn't built there).
Then invade south america from the south. The goal will be to built full watermill city (ies) in brazil for space victory.

the first priority seem to build 3-4 galelon.
I agree 100% We need more ships to shuffle to Australia (still unique happy resources for us), check the islands in the South Pacific (could be a usefull resource), the shuttle to South America that you mentioned, and contact the American civs. We may NOT be at "to advanced" with them yet. We need more trade sources.

The Old World does seem to be sickeningly peaceful, no doubt our civilising influence.

Galleons, yes please.

Communism, yummy. Our GS in Korea could part bulb scimeth for us or maybe there's an academy waiting to be built somewhere. Hopefully most of the AI will be pursuing physics in their search for a space win.

how mutch cities to be set in australia?
there is a barabarian city there also :/

Top Bottom