Rhye's of Civilization: the fastest loading mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why monarch level ? Regent is fifty-fifty :confused:

First feedback : Civ by period please !

My game is a few slow, less benefit than PTW version

Can you please post or send me a PM with the report I asked?

The game must be slower than old Rhye's of Civilization PTW: 180x180 map instead of 140x140 and 22 civs instead of 16....but you must compare it with a game played on the Earth with standard rules

Rhye i have tested 30 Min and have byzantines and hittites is not fun ...

I prefer test splited epoch maps

Originally posted by Rhye

- Take Portugal and with all standard settings and Monarch level
- Choose as opponents Spain, France, Germany, England, Russia, Netherlands, China, Mongolia, Korea, Japan, Ottomans, Persia, Arabia, Egypt, Zulu, Aztecs, Incas, Mayas, Iroquois, America, India
- Keep track of:
--- the date when America is discovered
--- the date when the first civ enters Middle ages, Industrial and Modern ages
--- the date when four or more civs have entered Middle ages, Industrial and Modern ages
--- who builds wonders most of the time
--- who's strong and who's weak and who's eliminated
--- who produces many cities
--- who's least advanced
--- what's American civs science advancement when first contacts happen (like if they still are in Ancient or in Middle Ages)
--- if plagues work and if they are annoying or not
--- if you see other civs using their UU or not
- Give me savegames (very important!!) of:
--- 1400 BC
--- 110AD or 130AD
--- a few turns before 1400AD (like 1380, 1390)
--- a savegame for each time you enter a new age

Hittites? Byzantines? The list of civs I gave you was almost the "modern side"

Ask this test to other, i abandon

Hi Rhye,

Might be able to help u out here. I got tired of waiting for you Rhye of Civ Conquest version, so I made my own using your conquest map. I replaced Hitties with Austrians, added a few units and resources but otherwise, the rules are 99% identical to yours. I play with 31 civs and the loading times are on average 2 to 2.5 minutes at 1605 AD. Every single continent is occupied for a while now (not sure when, I got the world map late).

I have played short games with many civs but my longest game so far is with America. Portugal discovered the new world at about 1375 AD. So far 5 civs (France, German, Dutch, Russia and China) are in Industrial ages. I am about 5-6 techs behind but have the largest land area (this is Monarch level btw).

Everyone else is roughly about the same level as I am, give or take 2-3 techs except Rome (they are about 8-10 behind). Rome always seem to lag behind cos the Celts cut off their expansion. Sumer and Egypt always seem to dominate the Middle East.
China is the biggest in Asia, Inca in Sth America and France, Germany and Russia in Europe.

Wonders are fairly evenly held except for the French... they have 8 wonders and their most advanced tech is nationalism.

Persia has been elminated, Maya, Aztec and Iroquois are pretty much goners thanks to me. Austria is also in their death throes. Greece and Rome are very weak. Mongols are a decent size but the poor of their land hinders their development and they just got chivalry ! (FYI I have already tried to boost them with sheep resources on mountains which provide 2 food and 2 gold... in your map they would be goners...)

I added in plague and they are not very deadly so far (I set it to default). Only lost about 3 units.

If you need any more info, just yell out.

Thank you very much, Jin!!! I needed this kind of help to get on with this work.
Have you got some savegames? I'd like to try them on my PC. I need
--- 1400 BC
--- 110AD or 130AD
--- a few turns before 1400AD (like 1380, 1390)
--- a savegame for each time you enter a new age
--- your last savegame

By the way, I know that Celts are a big problem for European civs develpment. The solutions are:
1- splitting civs in two groups, like old Rhye's of Civilization
2- substituting Celts and Hittites with Austria and another one (I'd prefer Ethiopia)
What would you prefer?

Oh, another thing. Can you tell me what rules are different from mine in your savegames? For example, did you import "build never" settings?

Rhye, what do you think to include Australia/Aborigens

Hi Rhye,

The problem is I added alot of flavour units from the conquests pack and WWII packs (same stats though) so it would be difficult for you to open up my saves unless you go and rename some of the units in the art folder.

Personally, I like my mod as it is :) The main European nations are quite ahead which is historical correct and at any rate a human Rome player should have no probs since I had a go and conquered most of Europe fairly easily. Its just that the AI will rather waste the resources to build a city in Siberia instead of attacking a neighbour.

The rules that are slightly different are:

- I increased the times for worker jobs, but not quite as much as yours. Doesn't seem to matter cos I haven't seen the AI clear forest just to build a city.

- I didn't import the build never rules. As it is, the native american civs are already at a disadvantaged due to the bad terrain and isolation. In my current game , things are pretty historically correct anyway with these civs lagging behind.

- My settlers cost 30 shields and 3 food although I am going to increase it to 4 to slow the AI even more. I might increase length of worker jobs too to slow the AI again.

- No change to corruption, but optimal city set to 40 so u have to build the forbidden palace after about 20 cities

- No change in golden age length, research times or starting techs

- My floodplains still produce 3 food

- No increase in town, city, etc defense bonuses

Seriously, I think 31 civs with your rules will be very playable if the map is 160 X 160. One more suggestion, even with barbarians set to sedentary, there are still too many barbarian units in northern canada and russia just sitting slowing down the game, so I am gonna set barbarian activity to none, so once u clear the initial camps, that's it. I mean with 31 civs, you shouldn't
run out of ppl to attack !!!

I am gonna experiment with increasing unit shield costs as well to see if that will speed the game up although the current waiting times aren't too bad.

ok, so you were refering to the old Rhye's of Civilization rules. It seems that the only important change (regarding spped) you made was settlers population cost.
I'm going to start now tests myself with my 180x180 (I can't create a 160 map from the 180 thanks to Firaxis laziness) with 31 civs, some new rules and some addictions.

I'd like to try to see your saves anyway (I would try myself to make them work). Can you send them to gabrit@portalis.it ?

Oh, two more things:
- Can you remember when Middle Ages and Industrial Ages were reached by first civs?
- I asked that thing about wonders because in new rules (the version I posted for Lachlan in page 4) I tried to assing some flavours for driving for example Euro civs to build Christian wonders (like Chapels etc.) and not pagan like Pyramids, Mediterranean civs to build things like Oracle, Lighthouse and not for example Great Wall, driven to Far Eastern, and so on.
I don't know if you've tried with these settings in your game. In case of yes, I'd like to know if it happened correctly in the game (except for the first ancient wonders, always built by the richest civs)

Ok, I will send u my latest save with the biq and the paedicon and civilpaedia text to make it easier for you. It's about 1 mb so I
hope u have enough space.

Hmmn, I was kinda of toying with that idea and one solution I came up with is to make the pyramids and great wall require stone. Add this resource and place them near the civs u want to build them. What do u think?

First middle ages probably around 10-20 AD (based on other games), Industrial Ages around 1630-50 AD. Can't be specific cos I was on the "backward" continent.

Update: Finished coversion of the map and added new civs and units.

What's missing now:
- new techs and wonders
- civilopedia
- test to balance tech weights
- test to balance civ strenght
- update readme.doc
- tests with other maps with 31 civs to compare loading times

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom