Defeating Experienced Acheron?

suedenim

Chieftain
In my current game, Acheron's city is basically at the intersection of three empires, and it looks like they must have been spending the entire game giving him free experience. He's got 5 stars, and 4-7 First Strikes. As far as I can tell, I've got nothing that will even wound him, let alone kill him. Is there anything that can be done, or should I just resign myself to the fact that he'll keep that city for all eternity?

I'm Grigori, which theoretically would seem to be a good thing, but my Dragon Slayers don't make a dent.

Archmages could throw summons at him (earth elementals would work best) till acheron gets a bad beat and is actually damaged, then send in the withdraw troops, then the dragon slayers.

You could mob him with catapults and hope their withdraw hax gets you somewhere.

But both options are very costly (former in beakers, latter in hammers) and I'd not bother with either. I'd just let him be.

I figured as much, and in any event, it would appear that at the moment, he's basically my ally, as he's diverting and/or defeating my rivals for me.

Hmm, spoke too soon, apparently. As I was retreating past his city (after peace broke out and my army had to go home from a city past Acheron's), I took a quick look at the percentages before leaving his realm for good. Turned out my top Berserker unit had a 1.2% chance, so I gave them a shot, and they actually took Acheron down to 0.9 hit points, after which my Adventurer/Beastmaster hero easily captured him.

Maybe I'd missed that unit before or something.

Hmm, spoke too soon, apparently. As I was retreating past his city (after peace broke out and my army had to go home from a city past Acheron's), I took a quick look at the percentages before leaving his realm for good. Turned out my top Berserker unit had a 1.2% chance, so I gave them a shot, and they actually took Acheron down to 0.9 hit points, after which my Adventurer/Beastmaster hero easily captured him.

Maybe I'd missed that unit before or something.
You got really lucky there. At 1.2%, there was very little chance of that unit even wounding him, let alone taking him down to .9HP...

I've taken out Acheron three times. Once I did it with a 10 stack of fire elementals from the Pyre of the Seraphic and an Aeron's Chosen kicker. The second time I did it with two beastmasters (one died the second one took him out), and the last time I suicided some wraiths to him and then took him down with a highly promoted Mardero. He didn't have many promotions in the last one, but in the others he was at least level 10 or higher.

Top Bottom