Ashenveil savant pop

Souljar

Chieftain
Hi all

Longtime lurker, first time poster. I was lucky enough to pop a savant form ruins near my cap. I'm playing Ljos on Erebus large Monarch. I already have FOL and would like to remain in character. I have the following options as far as i can tell:

1. Found Ashenveil shrine... (Not sure if this is an option as I would prefer not to have to give up a city should Hybo spawn.)

2. Diplo open borders with Calibim (My evil neighbor:devil:)and either found shrine in one of their citys (not sure if this works)

3. or gift the savant to another civ.

It would add flavour to my current game if Ashenveil were present.

I would apreciate any imput you guys may have on how best to utilize the savant.

1 & 2 will work. 3 won't work - you can't gift units in FfH2.

Some other options are:

4. Use the Savant to help research a technology. This option will appear as a lightbulb icon, and works just like using a Great Person (but yields much, much less research value, of course).

5. Upgrade the Savant to a Mage. You'll need to get the Savant up to level four, which you can do by weakening units with catapults (or by some other means) and then finishing them off with the Savant. The advantage of doing this is that you'll have a Mage with the Medic I promotion.

If you want to be sure AV is present in your game (but not have it for yourself) then option #2 is the way to do that. If you use options 4 or 5 then someone else can still research it later, but there's a chance that no one will ever research it. Option #1 has the advantage of giving you the research bonus from cities with AV (assuming you build the wonder, which would be the point of choosing option #1), but you'll then be stuck with Entropy mana, which could cause you diplomatic problems if you're going to try to be friendly with the "good" guys.

Thanks for the info Empti.

5 of the 6 AI's are evil in the game, will i recieve a positive diplo modifier with them for the entropy?

My second city founded both FOL and Order, I could found Ashen in the same city for super comerce, Just not sure how much risk im taking should Hybo spawn:confused:

The solution to Hyborean taking the city with the Ashen Veil holy city is to move your capital there :). The Hyborean spell can't take a capital.

thanks Uncle

That clinches it :goodjob:

Hydra time:worship:

I don't think any of the naturally evil civs have a diplo penalty vs users of Entropy mana. The exception that comes to mind would be Bannor lead by Decius who chose to be evil; I think they would still have the penalty.

Hyborem will actually have a diplo bonus if you use Entropy. :)

I don't think any of the naturally evil civs have a diplo penalty vs users of Entropy mana. The exception that comes to mind would be Bannor lead by Decius who chose to be evil; I think they would still have the penalty.

Hyborem will actually have a diplo bonus if you use Entropy. :)

Tats cuz U teh be stealin his Balors

Note also that the shirne gives units built in the city the stigmata promotion and that can really help you if the world is evil. The AV temples will give you a science bonus and if you choose to remain good (depends on your difficulty level) you can declare war on the Infernals if they take your city with Whispers.

Top Bottom