Took PTO for Snow/Weather - This Happened!

GKShaman

Prince
I won a T357 Technological Victory as India on Fractal. Granted I lucked out and got my own continent - but still I won on Immortal! So much trading and tech. I originally was going for Cultural but lost several key wonders and the International Games/World's Fair and I was REALLY behind on Tech. (Has anyone switched Victory Path halfway through game?)

Then I noticed none of the AI went down Rationalism and Im usually a fan so I went down that track - wowza! Got the Tower made research agreements left and right and was friendly with everybody for the whole game almost. Never Declared War and never got attacked! Never Denounced, I dont think I ever got denounced. Just got super smart! It was in the true Gandhi spirit!

Social Policy Track: All of Tradition, Go into Aesthetics, Switch to Rationalism halfway, get museums and finish Aesthetics, Start Order, Finish Rationalism, and Get to Third tier Order. (I found skipping around more useful than finish track one by one. Does everyone feel this way?)

Wonders: Picked up Stonehenge and Temple early. Then Sistine and jsut some cultural ones along the way. Key was Porcelain Tower and Hubble Telescope. Good Wonders to get.

World Congress/UN: Got second place in first two international pursuits. In the ISS Race I got last place = won the victory 5 turns later --> didnt need it.

Just used faith faith faith to get Great Scientists and Engineers. Earlier got artists, writers, and musicians.

I have won with Freedom and Culture for India before. This time I kind of walked into Order and Space. Ahh the Soviet Space Model...

Please comment, question, praise, and criticize as you'd like.

Attachments

• Delhi.jpg
    Delhi.jpg
    213.6 KB · Views: 125
  • Mumbai.jpg
    Mumbai.jpg
    202.5 KB · Views: 95
  • Social Policies.jpg
    Social Policies.jpg
    186.3 KB · Views: 86
  • Indian Order!.jpg
    Indian Order!.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 80
  • Overview.jpg
    Overview.jpg
    204.6 KB · Views: 122
  • Pataliputra.jpg
    Pataliputra.jpg
    206 KB · Views: 106
  • Vijayanagara.jpg
    Vijayanagara.jpg
    200.9 KB · Views: 91
A good example of how a jungle start can be a good thing if you start isolated. Well done, congratulations!

PS - Why didn't you build Grand Temple sooner?

haha its just one of those nat'l wonders I kept forgetting.

I normally get the College and Oxford because science is crucial. But for this game religion was all just about keeping my intial 5 and three city states Hindu. Since I was isolated - religious community and Tithe gave me enough gold and production to be happy. So I just made prophets and mosques. Settled the prophets asap to get as much faith for great engineers.

Granted the grand temple would have helped with all this - but I kept founding new cities so it'd throw me off lol.

Top Bottom