[BtS] Diversica

you should add the Galleass as an addition sea unit that comes between Frigates and Triremes, I think that would be a good addition to this mod, like the other new ships are.

To me the gap between Frigate and Battleship (the Ironclad is not oceangoing) was just way too big. The Galleas otoh does not look that important. In BtS we already have :

Galley : Cost 50 Moves 2 Combat 2 Cargo 2 Power 2 Requires Sailing
Trireme : Cost 50 Moves 2 Combat 2 Cargo 0 Power 3 Requires Sailing + Metal Casting
Caravel : Cost 60 Moves 3 Combat 3 Cargo 1 Power 3 Requires Optics
Galleon : Cost 80 Moves 4 Combat 4 Cargo 3 Power 4 Requires Astronomy
Frigate : Cost 90 Moves 4 Combat 8 Cargo 0 Power 6 Requires Astronomy + Chemistry

Putting in the Galleas won't imo change much, it would probably look something like this (putting it squarely between Trireme and frigate) :

Galleas : Cost 70 Moves 3 Combat 5 Cargo 0 Power 4 Requires Optics + Metal Casting

Does this mean it was a problem on your side or in my mod ? If it was the latter, I'd like to know what you did to fix it :)

It was in MY miscinfo file, dont know why(all i did was copy and paste), still trying to figure that one out, but for now i had to go back to UI Blue. No errors occurred but just no Esp icon? weird.:crazyeye:, thx for asking!!

When you want to go to WoC way, maybe i can help , i need to get a MOD working that way also.

When you want to go to WoC way, maybe i can help , i need to get a MOD working that way also.

Thanks for the offer, I don't think I need any help with it, just a long rainy weekend ;) and they have to fix some bugs first before there is any point in going with WoC, so far the added flexibility is taken away by bugs for me.

You responded to my savefile:

For some reason I cannot load your savegame.

When I try to, I get a screen which says 'select your civ' with none available. Given that you have been playing the game for a while (and thus already selected a civ), this screen should not show up at all.

Please upload a a different savefile.

Well, I downloaded my own savegame from my post, and it loaded fine for me. Could the reason it didnt load for you be that I used a premade world map - pantastic worlds - with a 32 civ dll?

Anyway, I will try again with a save from the previous turn. Please remember, it crashes on the switch from 230 to 240 AD.

Thanks again, for everything.

Attachments

• Huayna Capac AD-0220.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.5 MB · Views: 80
Well, I downloaded my own savegame from my post, and it loaded fine for me. Could the reason it didnt load for you be that I used a premade world map - pantastic worlds - with a 32 civ dll?

I guess that is the reason, unless I install that too, I won't be able to load your game.

In the savegame it stores the info what was used to play / save it (with a hex editor you find the string "Pantastic Huge Earth 40" pretty much at the start of the savefile).

Could you provide links to both the map and the dll so I can recreate the environment ?

Here is the link to the map.

I couldn't give you the link to the dll because it was too large. But I used:

24 / 32 Max Civs BTS 3.13 (3.29 MB) by BeatMaster. You can find it here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=7318
or in the CIV4 Downloads/File DB - CIV4 Mod Componants - CIV4 SDK Componants - 24 / 32 Max Civs BTS 3.13 (3.29 MB) by BeatMaster.

I used the 32 civ dll.

There were no other changes from the stock Diversica 6.0, with patches a 6.0a and 6.0b, other than that I changed Capac to Financial/Organized in the BTS XML

Thanks again

Attachments

• Pantastic Huge Earth 40 inca.zip
    78.3 KB · Views: 70
Hi, the link to the dll seems to have been lost.

I used a 34 civ dll but the game crashed right away while loading.

I just tried the link for the dll and it is working now!

Ok, got a bit further but still crashing.

Where exactly do you place the dll and the map ? I put the dll in the Assets directory of the mod and the map just about anywhere by now (i.e. in a PublicMaps directory in the mod, in the one where CIV is installed and in the one where the savegames and CustomAssets are stored, all at the same time by now).

The zip actually contains the map twice, once in the PublicMaps dir and once outside, do I need it twice ?

Its good your helping Conqueror Worm get the bugs out so he can play.

I have a suggestion though. Avain came out with this optional expansion to his mod: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=253499 I think it would be cool if you added that to diversica. The near future fighter he added is a nice addition to the rest of the next war units.

Actually I already added something similar in 0.70, it is not an exact copy of Avain's expansion though.

I took a look at what other mods did (VD expansion, Wolfshanze, Marnz and some others) and then I decided how I wanted it to be in Diversica and added it ;)

So far this is just a first step, I added the techs and units I wanted but have not added all kinds of graphics (like snafusmiths WW1 planes for the early fighters and bombers), but that is bound to happen eventually.

I have not yet done so as that would make it impossible to unplug them again (at least until the WoC format takes care of that).

Actually they still aren't pluggable right now even though I did not add additional graphics as you cannot easily unplug techs again, so you would need to change the tech tree when unplugging them (or unplug Next War as well).

Nothing wrong with mentioning them, I am open for suggestions. Whether I then add them is another matter ;)

What about adding some Final Frontier units in(and a few techs) to round out the future age of the Next War component? The Spaceships can be set to be used as naval units, i've seen it done, and works quite well. There are also those space fighters White Rabbit made awile ago, which you could use as future fighters and bombers.

Just some ideas to throw at you.

Hehe, I see I have started treading a dangerous path ;)

Initially I didn't want to make any changes to the gameplay of CIV, just add different unit graphics. The exception being the inclusion of the Next War techs and units (which I consider part of the regular game since they shipped with BtS).

Then I started adding some ships to fill the gap between Frigate and Destroyer. As I started with that, I figured why not add some other unit classes to fill some more gaps (WW1 tanks and planes).

And now I might rework the future age considerably by adding some more techs and units :)

Actually I am not opposed to the idea, I had been thinking about adding some more futuristic stuff to enhance Next War, I just haven't made my mind up on how to proceed / what to add. Final Frontier was not part of that so far, but why not look for inspiration there as well.

I won't promise anything, but I will take a look at how to expand the Next War stuff with additional techs and units.

I'll quote Civ3 Hannibal and say "I trend the path of danger, your not afraid of alittle danger are you?" (I miss that from civ3 when each leader had not only introduction text but their own complete list of things they said but thats another topic).

Anyway thankyou for considering Final Frontier for new Next War content, its often overlooked for things to add to the epic game.

Mamba,

You know, I really fear that both my crash at 230 AD, and your inability to load my savegame might very probably have to do with my incorrect installation of the patches a and b. I am very sorry to have wasted your time. I am going to go ahead and scrap my old 6.0 game and start the new 7.0 version. This time I will be sure that when I install any patches they actually do overwrite any old files. I believe that this is where the problem lay, and I hope I've got it right this time. Sorry once again for the trouble, and thanks a whole lot for the help.

Been away the last few days, but I did stumble across a problem in the japanese xml, will upload a fix soon. If you still have your savegame, keep it around ;)

Top Bottom