[BtS] Diversica

EDIT: I think i know what it was, you have the BUGFIX on the d/l page as 011, and not 012b!!!

yes, that was an interim bugfix for 0.10 xml. I changed the directory structure with 0.12 to a unified naming convention, so 0.12b xml won't work with 0.10.

OK looked at some(after fix): Axeman_Byzantium folder is Axeman_Byzantiium

<NIF>Art/Units/Unique/Babylon/Knight_Babylon/Knight.nif</NIF> folder is <NIF>Modules/Custom Civilizations/Babylon/Units/Knight_Babylon/Knight.nif</NIF>

thanks for letting me know, will fix that

Archer_Holland/ file is: Archer_Netherlands

where does it say Archer_Holland ? didn't find that anywhere.

Ouch, missed that, must have been an old xml in the dir when I packed it, it doesn't say so in my current version (which I assumed was in 0.12b), will upload a fixed version soon.

EDIT fixed xml available here

Also includes the Japan xml, so if you haven't downloaded that civ yet, delete the Japan module after extraction.

I am aware of avain's keymod and that he also uses some danrell units, but he is missing some civilizations and I am not sure whether he will add them at a later point in time (avain, if you are reading this, maybe you can clear this up ).

Hi mamba, nice work on this one!
I do intend to evaluate all units posted (so maybe not all units from a set will be used - mostly in cases when only the weapons/minor things differ in units) and include them in next updates. But one thing is sure: I hold no Universal Truth about unit selections so any other mods like Diversica can add a bit of needed ... well ... diversity:lol: to the unit sets we can choose from.

Keep up the good work!:goodjob:

Nice mod. Two bugs:
When I try to play as Casimir (Polish Civ) the game crashes immediately. (Immediately when I click on him in when I initially choose a civ and leader.)
Also, when I try to build a Polish Hussar, the unit doesn't show up. I just see three bright red blobs where the unit should be.

Probably is due to some of my xml / dir shuffling, if you download 0.15 they will be gone.

Make sure to delete all files in the Diversica directory before extracting the new version.

I am not done yet ;) do you have a link to your mod per chance ?

http://files.filefront.com/Ethnic+test++IIrar/;8399913;;/fileinfo.html

Not sure how this works, basically I do the same thing with one exception, I create a new unit_artstyle for every civilization.

If you add all units to the european artstyle, don't german and english civs use the same units (I am under the impression that they would, as they both use the same artstyle) ?

This of course works for EDU as EDU 'only' offers artstyles for different sets of civilizations (african, asian, middle east, etc.) which are the same artstyles as used by the standard civilizations, but the german and english (and french...) archers all would be the same as all these civs use the euopean artstyle.

If there somehow is a way to have civilization specific units without changing the civ-xml files, let me know ;)

yeah you do have to create new UnitArtStyleInfo files for each civ, I just never considered that making a new civ. Just like the guide I posted said I just edit CIV4UnitArtStyleTypeInfos.xml to add the UnitArtStyleInfo which defines what unit art is used for each unit for each civ. I edit the CIV4CivilizationInfos to reference this new UnitArtStyle for each civ, and then the CIV4ArtDefines_Unit is the last file I mess with which of course points to the art files for each unit I add.

So perhaps you are already doing that :)

First of all thanks alot for this Mod mamba!!
Unfortunately I have a problem with it:
I played a game until around 1300 and then the game just crashed as soon as I pressed end-turn. I'm not sure what exactly is causing the crash but I'm pretty sure it is something in the mod, since the game never crashed for me before. I'm attaching a save one turn before the crash.

Attachments

• Kylorin AD-0465.CivBeyondSwordSave
    261.7 KB · Views: 258
yeah you do have to create new UnitArtStyleInfo files for each civ, I just never considered that making a new civ. Just like the guide I posted said I just edit CIV4UnitArtStyleTypeInfos.xml to add the UnitArtStyleInfo which defines what unit art is used for each unit for each civ. I edit the CIV4CivilizationInfos to reference this new UnitArtStyle for each civ, and then the CIV4ArtDefines_Unit is the last file I mess with which of course points to the art files for each unit I add.

So perhaps you are already doing that :)

Yes, I am doing that, editing CIV4CivilizationInfos.xml and to me is what makes this a new civ, as that is where each civilisation is defined. Of course the new one is defined very much like the old one, it just uses different art ;)

In any case, it replaces the civilization by the same name from original CIV and uses the one I defined instead, at least that is my perspective.

First of all thanks alot for this Mod mamba!!
Unfortunately I have a problem with it:
I played a game until around 1300 and then the game just crashed as soon as I pressed end-turn. I'm not sure what exactly is causing the crash but I'm pretty sure it is something in the mod, since the game never crashed for me before. I'm attaching a save one turn before the crash.

I found a problem (missing entry) in my incorporated EDU, maybe this is causing your crash (not sure), in any case it needs fixing and would lead to a crash, so I added a fix for it.

Get it here

I found a problem (missing entry) in my incorporated EDU, maybe this is causing your crash (not sure), in any case it needs fixing and would lead to a crash, so I added a fix for it.

Get it here

Thanks, tried it. Still crashes :(

Ok, finally we worked that one out ;)

Apparently was a matter of deleting something which could not be unplugged. In the process I found some mistakes though, these will be fixed in 0.20, which I am currently uploading. I recommend updating to everyone interested in this mod ;)

Good work on the mod to those involved. I have one issue/question/suggestion though. For the macemen units, some civs in this mod display units that are actually carrying swords. It can be a little confusing while playing, and see a guy with a sword and think "It's a swordsman," only to find out he's actually a maceman. It's also strange that they're still called macemen when they don't have maces. I would like to see them actually carry maces, or maybe rename them. Something like "Foot Knight" might work. Just my two cents. (Please don't think I'm complaining about this mod - it's really cool and it's obvious that a lot of hard work went into it.)

I decided to keep all unit names untouched (at least so far) so people recognize the unit by the original name (if not the graphics). If I were to call the maceman a Footknight, the graphics still would differ (one would be wearing a mace, the other a sword), so it imo is no easier to tell them apart.

Maybe I will still change that (I doubt it), maybe by incorporating more graphics, the sword wielding maceman will vanish again.

I just released version 0.30 which incorporates keymod for additional ethnical and civilization specific units (including some changes where I preferred other units).

Just finished playing a game with Russia using the latest version of the mod and I must say that it is great!! Most of the units are absolutely unique, which makes using them more fun, I even built musketeers!!! Other graphic changes (i.e. workshops) are also very cool. Anyway just wanted to say THANKS to mamba for creating this awesome mod and to all the people who created the graphics for it!! Keep up the good work!

Top Bottom