R.E.D. WWII: Concepts & Suggestions

FYI, I have updated my European Landmass map to include more to the south in Africa and the Middle East. If you wish to update your map accordingly so Rommel and Montgomery can have all the fun they want. Good job, by the way.

start from global classes, balancing each class from the others, then goes for unit balancing in each class.
That's the way too :)

Anyway I'm so annoying not because of history, but fun. Germany and USSR had so much differences in forces. It's extremely fun to find out how to fight against each other :rolleyes:
And units being made according to history may help to recreate that chemistry :cooool:

So I installed it as it says and for some reason when I go to start the game after the load screen goes black to go to the world map the game crashes. I can't find a way around this.

I'm currently on turn 71 of the game playing as Germany on Prince level. I have a couple of Opportunities For Improvement comments for you.

British Tribal class DD is incorrectly named Triba

Barcelona is the Spanish spelling of the city Barcelone

Hungary and Rumania declared war on Germany when event "Germany is now at war with Greece" triggered. Later when event "Germany is now at war with Soviet Union" was triggered Hungary and Rumania became allied with Germany however Germany can still conquer cities in Hungary and Rumania.

I see. You need to go to Mods/Single Player/load game to resume a saved game of this mod. Or you need to go to Mods/Single Player/New Game/select this scenario to start a new game.

Or you need to go to Mods/Single Player/New Game/select this scenario to start a new game.
That's what I have done and tried both the scenarios, it gets the the loading page fine where it shows my country and bonuses and such then it fades to black then crashes. I am sorry if I wasn't clear enough.

That's what I have done and tried both the scenarios, it gets the the loading page fine where it shows my country and bonuses and such then it fades to black then crashes. I am sorry if I wasn't clear enough.

No apologies needed Litttleman! :)

Unlike a lot of people on this site I'm not hypercritical of fellow forum members. I always try to maintain a positive and friendly attitude with people and their scenario questions.

Hopefully the scenario creator can help you out here as I'm not too sure what else could be causing your issues. The only other thing I can think of is if you have the latest Civilization 5 update installed?

I think so I am running it on steam so it should be updated.

Some assumptions.
The only mods activated (green check) are the two RED mods?
If not deactivate any other mods.

This Mod uses a HUGE map and lots of cities, assuming you normally play huge maps then you should be ok. If you do not or can not normally play on Huge maps then that maybe your issue.

Make sure you video card drivers are up to date. A number or posters reported crashes until they updated their video card drivers. Determine your cards GPU maker (Nvidia or ATI/AMD). Then find the website for either and download and install the latest driver.

Also many folks reported crashes when using DX9 instead of the DX10/11 version of the EXE.

Please try the above and let us know how it goes.

I am going to browse mods activating the mods then going to single player then custom game then play game.

You most likely extracted the mod threw Civ5. When you do that, not all files get extracted correctly. Try to download the file again and extract it with 7zip. Then place the extracted files in to Civ5 mod folder located under my documents/mygames/civ5/mods.

Then activate threw the game and play on.

FYI, I have updated my European Landmass map to include more to the south in Africa and the Middle East. If you wish to update your map accordingly so Rommel and Montgomery can have all the fun they want. Good job, by the way.
Thank you ! :D

I've seen your new version while I was placing cities and borders on the map, and I didn't want to start over at the time. I may expand it a bit to the south, using your new version as model, but not too far, the map is already pretty big and I'm already concerned by some consistent crash that may be related to performance issue (combination of map size, number of cities, number of unit, mod functions, ...)

British Tribal class DD is incorrectly named Triba

Barcelona is the Spanish spelling of the city Barcelone

Hungary and Rumania declared war on Germany when event "Germany is now at war with Greece" triggered. Later when event "Germany is now at war with Soviet Union" was triggered Hungary and Rumania became allied with Germany however Germany can still conquer cities in Hungary and Rumania.
Thanks, I will correct the destroyer name in next version.

you have "Barcelona" in your game ? I have "Barcelone", using English.

I've noted the bug with city-states being both allied and at war with another civs, in my last game, the Balkan to USSR area was a total mess with every one at war with every one. I'm trying to remove the CS declaring war against "warmonger".

So I installed it as it says and for some reason when I go to start the game after the load screen goes black to go to the world map the game crashes. I can't find a way around this.
Not much more to say that what I've been already said.

Ty to clear your game folder cache (in your documents, your games, civilization 5 folder)

Are you using huge map on vanilla game without problems ?

Playing as England, I get a message that the project Mosquito is available, but it is really not.

Also can not build Wellington bombers with any combination of air plants (large + medium).

Playing as England, I get a message that the project Mosquito is available, but it is really not.

Also can not build Wellington bombers with any combination of air plants (large + medium).

Yep, I had inversed Mosquito and Tu-2 definition, making them available for USSR and England in the bad order... And thus not buildable as the projects where set for the good civilization.

Already fixed for next version, and I'll look at the Wellington problem.

How does those projects work btw? The only ones Ive ever seen as playing as Germany is the Stuka 'upgrade' and the heavy bomber, other than getting xp on the units are there other demands that need to be fullfilled in order to unlock em ?

Just for fun I tried to boot up a old save in dx9 mode aswell as a new game, no issues whatever ever (except yucky gfx :p ) but then again I only played 1 turn so dunno if thats why :)

How does those projects work btw? The only ones Ive ever seen as playing as Germany is the Stuka 'upgrade' and the heavy bomber, other than getting xp on the units are there other demands that need to be fullfilled in order to unlock em ?

You need a military Academy in the city that wants to build the project.

Top Bottom