Formula 1 2012

Webber, what a man.

Webber drove a fantastic race in Monaco. Traditionally always the leader from startphase is able to win mostly, provided making no mistakes and perfect concentrated race without hitting any planks. His teammate Vettel also good racing having both over 70points now second and third places on drivers championship. And Red Bull leading team championsship for that too.
Schumi was hindered to make good points by getting into collision at start he wasnt able to avoid at all. His teammate rosberg fantastic ahead good making points.
2 races next 2 months and one in August, you get in the last 3 months 3 races per month, giving opportunity for much more points to accumulate. So the championsship got jus near half of its full.
Schumi compared to his teammate was able to get 2 points sofar only.

Damn I missed the race and the qualy.

Not having grudge against Schumi, I liked Schumi, but his performance before he cameback, being 7time WC.
But in a quick interview before he went to the stewards after the race Senna said he wanted Schumi to overtake him right innerside. But Schumi was surprised Senna got on brake earlier with his old tyres. So one could not see that Senna blocked Schumi intentionally. Senna was surprised Schumi getting left side too and braked with his fresher tyres later. But Schumi was not professionally enough in my opinion as I saw the collision. He got the fault because every driver coming from backside gets the fault. But maybe it was more surprise in that so Schumi could not do better. Because Senna got on brake too early for Schumi, Schumi was surprised and couldnt avoid anymore drive into his heck.
Once again, if anybody was guilty of not acting professionally I think it was Senna for moving not once but twice when it was clear he was going to be passed. But it is the responsibility of the overtaking driver to do so without incident. However, that assumes the person being overtaken doesn't do stupid things like Senna did. I really think the stewards blew that particular call.

The Monaco race was very suspensefull having 6 cars head to haed to finish line. So the princely family could have invited all six to the After party than only the three on podium.
I really don't find processions to be all that suspenseful. The only thing that really threatened the inevitable finishing order was the rain or a mistake, the latter which you mentioned above.

And I agree that all six of the front-runners were really the "winners" since they were separated by the about the same margins as they were after the first turn.

Damn I missed the race and the qualy.
I actually find the qualifying at Monaco to be far more interesting than the race. You must flirt with disaster at nearly every turn to have the best lap. Schumacher showed he still has the right stuff. It is just a shame that the penalty from the Senna incident deprived him of what would likely have been a win.

It was only suspenseful to see if anybody would make a failure or if the rain comes, yeahh. But dont like processions otherwise either. I dont think Senna moved zigzag as Schumi said. It wasnt confirmed Senna of doing that. But yes, Schumi has won the quali and would have started from pole and with very good chance to win the race. I rather look back to the former glory of Schumi, where he also took two years of more a car development and started in the third year with his legendary scores in Ferrari car.

Canadian GP: The seventh different winner, and the second time newcomers Romain Grosjean and Sergio Perez made it to the podium this year. Sergio came from 15th place to finish 3rd! Anybody who bet this incredibly unlikely trifecta is an extremely wealthy person now. Can F1 possibly get more interesting and exciting than this?

Romain Grosjean: From X-Box to 2nd place

MONTREAL - Romain Grosjean had never driven on Circuit Gilles Villeneuve before finishing second in the Canadian Grand Prix on Sunday.

Everything the 26-year-old French driver, in his first full season with Lotus F1, knew about the circuit was learned by playing a video-game simulation on X-Box, and it quickly became his favourite track in Formula One.

“It’s true that on a video game it’s my favourite track and, looking at it, it’s quite interesting,” Grosjean said. “It’s more bumpy than on X-Box sitting on a sofa, but it’s pretty interesting, and when you have a good result in a race normally you quite like it. So I’m pretty happy about today.”

This video was made after Sergio's first podium finish. And what they raved about his tire management and taking care of the car was even more true today, as he managed to only take 2 pit stops while most everybody else used 3.

Link to video.

Both Vettel and Alonso tried the one-stop strategy as well, but they both failed to manage their tires to the end. Vettel made a late stop and picked up 4 spots from 8th to 4th, but Alonso fell back to 5th trying the same strategy.

And Lotus is in 3rd ahead of Ferrari in the Constructors Championshp!

Speed TV's Will Buxton interviewing Berine after the race:

Bernie, is this the best F1 season of all time?

Yes!

Vettel made a tactical error by waiting so long to go in for fresh tires. He should have gone in once he saw the times of Hamilton. So should have Alsono, which allowed the other two t race so well.

Vettel made a tactical error by waiting so long to go in for fresh tires. He should have gone in once he saw the times of Hamilton. So should have Alsono, which allowed the other two t race so well.

Yepp, I agree. But their teams made no good strategy and not the drivers themselves. Drivers are concentrating on being fast and resource efficient and doing no failure during the race. The teams were not aware enough monitoring the ongoing race how much the tyres make them slow even they saw how Lotus/Grojean and Perez/Sauber performed on a one stop strategy. They felt, they could do with their cars a one stop strategy too. But that was a mistake. The tyres themselves are still new and uncommon to the so called top 3 teams. McLaren took a good choice on Hamilton by trying but werent able to make Button good looking. So result is the 7th winner in the 7th race. Nobody won a grand prix twice sofar. Sauber and Lotus found in construction of their cars better way to handle with the tyre attrition. So their one stop strategy was successful. Mercedes and Nico performing very well too. But the top 3 teams and Mercedes have car construction still faster with 2 stop strategy in Canada. But this recognition came not early enough during the race.

I'm sure that's a typo and you really meant Raikkonen or Schumacher for the 8th different winner this year.

That was quite likely Alonso's best drive yet, and there have been a lot of them. One of the Speed TV talking heads said it reminded him of a mid 2000s podium.

Never liked much Alonso or Hamilton rather than more Vettel now too, the youngest champ last year
and I dont either wanna old champs getting the title again, Schumi is an except
Vettel could get 2. time the title this year or Nicoo should get it

Alonso deserves it. He did it exceptionally well when the Ferrari was just crap and now that it shows very favourable evolution, he's leader with a great advantage. I wouldn't mind Schumi winning, but he just won't.

It's a good thing for Webber it stopped raining. I doubt Alonso could have been beaten in the wet and Schumacher would have likely been a major factor. And what about Massa finally getting with the program? I hope it isn't too late for him to keep his seat.

No big surprise here:

Williams’ Maldonado fined, accused of being danger to F1 rivals after collision in British GPl

SILVERSTONE, England — Williams driver Pastor Maldonado was fined and accused of being “very dangerous” for Formula One after ending a rival’s race for a second successive grand prix on Sunday.

The Venezuelan was hit with a $12,300 fine and reprimanded by stewards at the British Grand Prix after a collision with Sergio Perez put the Sauber driver out of the race at Silverstone.

Two weeks ago, Maldonado received a 20-second penalty at the European Grand Prix, knocking him out of the points, after crashing into Lewis Hamilton and sending the McLaren star into a wall.

The twin incidents have removed the gloss from Maldonado’s first-ever win, at the Spanish Grand Prix in May, with Perez demanding tougher action against him.

“He is a very stupid driver. He ran Hamilton out of the race in Valencia,” Perez said. “I don’t know why the stewards don’t take more action against him. He deserves a big penalty.

“We are risking our lives out there and if they don’t do something he will hurt someone. For all the drivers he is very dangerous driver on the circuit.”

In a previous dustup with Perez, Maldonado cut in front of the Mexican driver during qualifying for the Monaco GP in May and incurred a 10-place grid penalty.

Perez was forced to retire Sunday after being sent spinning on lap 12.

“He didn’t give me any room,” Perez said. “He has no respect for other drivers. It’s the way he is driving.”

Maldonado defended his driving style, describing the collision as a “very disappointing moment.”

“I was on the inside of the corner, so it was mine, Sergio was outside trying to take the position from me,” Maldonado told the BBC. “I tried to defend and lost the rear of the car and we bumped tires. It was disappointing.

“It was an unlucky race for me and that is it. Sergio can say what he wants. We are racing, we are trying to do our best. I was trying to defend, he was trying to gain and this is racing.”

Maldonado finished 17th.
I think Perez is being a bit melodramatic, but Maldonado didn't give him enough room so the penalty is fair.

I think Perez is being a bit melodramatic, but Maldonado didn't give him enough room so the penalty is fair.

It wasn't so much that there wasn't enough room, but Maldonado just pushed too hard, lost control and slid out into Perez. It was entirely avoidable, and entirely Maldonado's fault. It's perfectly understandable why Perez is so pissed off.

It is understandable that he is pissed off given their past history. But Maldonado is hardly the dire threat to everybody's safety that Perez is alleging. That is just so much hyperbole, especially given that both this incident and the one with Hamilton occurred on slow corners. The incidents ruined their respective races, but they were hardly life threatening.

It was also a really stupid place for Perez to even try to pass around the outside. That wasn't going to work. But Maldonado also shouldn't have been so aggressive entering the corner which caused the contact. He knew he was on cold tires and on the dirty inside line protecting his position. He also knew that Perez was there so he should have given him room.

Considering a test driver almost died and has lost her eye in the past week, I don't think downplaying safety concerns is reasonable.

Seeing that is completely unrelated to Maldonado, I'd say it is quite similar to Perez's comment.

But I'd certainly like to hear a lot more how Maria de Villota could have possibly struck the lift gate of a truck. At least she is now out of intensive care.

As usual, the Daily Mail has somehow managed to come up with a photo when nobody else seems to have managed to do so:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...e-support-horror-crash.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Top Bottom