Conquest of the New World Deluxe

I'm really enjoying this scenario a lot. Just finished another playthrough with the Netherlands and they do feel kind of overpowered. My other playthroughs I hit around 5500 points but I cracked 7k with them. Maybe I'm getting better but I think it's mostly them. I sent my first settler further south to get a good jungle city early too. It seems like the Brazilwood camps are almost a necessity for getting timely sopols.

I do feel like I tend to overexpand with the Europeans (I don't think there is such a thing with the Americans) anyone have an ideal number of cities for the Europeans figured out? Happiness doesn't seem to be the limitation with them. There's so much happiness in their tree.

Played King with the Incans and it played out pretty easily, with a several thousand point lead by the end. I didn't especially have much idea what I was doing, so I suspect that bugs may have been helping me along.

Essentially I just got my cities down fast, one of them next to a faith generating mountain, and then built lots of Terrace Farms (and used food caravans for fast growth so I could work them), which seemed to give me +1 faith per tile at least, and up to +3 in some circumstances. South America was shared only by the Aztecs and some city states, and for some reason the Aztecs decided to be friendly with me for ages despite our close borders. When I had a mild tech advantage I wiped out the Aztecs, gaining the few faith generating world wonders I'd missed.

I never even explored the rest of the world, and never spent any faith, just accumulated it over the whole game. About three quarters of my score came from faith, and a quarter from population.

Aside from the Aztec war, I never fought a single other civ. Every other civ came to me rather than me going to them. I never even explored beyond South America till the last 15 turns of the game, as I was neglecting naval techs.

All in all it felt a bit that I was just watching the clock tick down.

I think next time I'll have to step up the difficulty, so as to make the Wonder race a bit more challenging.

Note that I'm not in any way a strong player. I almost always play the normal game on King or Emperor, and rarely win on the right side of 300 turns. But accumulating faith for 150 turns gives you a LOT of faith and isn't the hardest way to win a game.

Just played this on King as well and LOVED it.

I enjoyed reversing history and whupping Spain at war with the Aztecs. Ironically I DOWed them...they were too cowardly to do it and kept picking on the Mayans along with everyone else.

By the end of the game I had almost caught up in science...and had all the modern military units: frigates, lancers, cannons, musketmen, etc. Had massively outscored the rest of the world and defeated 3 out of 5 of the European powers and virtually drove them off continent. Shame it's so short...with my city number advantage (the dudes each only had one over in Europe?) I could have had a fleet of frigates in no time and reversed history further by conquering Europe...fun game. ;)

I can't get this update due to steam thinking it's always offline. :( I'm hoping for a mod that implements cocoa and bison into the main game, that would be better than nothing.

I can't get this update due to steam thinking it's always offline. :( I'm hoping for a mod that implements cocoa and bison into the main game, that would be better than nothing.

It'd be good to add the chocolate house too but it'd need a new icon since it uses the Hanse icon. I like the Bison, they're like the camp version of cattle.

Not-so-politically-correct European Victory in 5 easy steps:

1) Completely ignore North America for the entire game. Sail straight on down to Mesoamerica and plant your first settler next to the first jungle you see. Laugh as the AI will all place their first cities in the tundra and snow, right next to each other.
2) Spam an insane amount of workers and convert all jungle to brazilwood camps. Draw a road straight down to anyone who's hogging all the jungle on the map.
3 Kill them.
4) Pump out an even more mind-boggling number of workers and settlers and seize every useful jungle tile on the map. Brazilwood and plantation everything, even bananas. Pout if there is not a single source of cocoa on the map.
5) Never befriend a native, no matter how much pretty gold they've got stored up. Basically all Europeans will instantly backstab, denounce and attack you in a blind fit of rage. Stealing all the treasures you worked so hard to steal from the indigenous tribes.

Basically, be even more nasty than the European AI in this scenario.

I'm playing as France right now, and trying a OCC where my goal is to conquer all of Europe. I've conquered the Spanish Capital so far, but with an armory, 3 frigates and 6 Sea Beggars (and 90 turns remaining to create more ships), I should have Europe completely taken pretty soon. I'm a little afraid that this is just going to let the natives dominate, but I feel like from an RP perspective, conquering Europe is a pretty major victory for the French.

Was this update supposed to give us the Inca in single player as well? Or only in the scenario?

As in, if I never got the Inca DLC, i still wont have it for regular games?

I thought the Spain/Inca DLC included the original scenario. Do you now get the scenario from BNW or something?

I still have not played this scenario. Waiting to finish up my current game. My biggest question is : Is 200 or 250 turns which ends the scenario ample amount of turn to win by victory or by highest amount of points.

I think once I play this scenario I won't want to play a regular game again. Seems very energetic to say the least.

Brew God

Has anyone pass the conquest of the new world deluxe with one of the natives? How come America isn't in the conquest of the new world deluxe?

Has anyone pass the conquest of the new world deluxe with one of the natives? How come America isn't in the conquest of the new world deluxe?

Why would they be in it? The scenario is based on the initial exploration of the new world, ie America. At that point George Washington was more than 100 years away from being born...

I thought the Spain/Inca DLC included the original scenario. Do you now get the scenario from BNW or something?

No.
With BNW you get deluxe version of scenaro and Incas and Spain playable in that scenario only.

You still need old DLC to get these civs in regular game as well as old version of scenario that does not require BNW.
G&K includes Spain if not having old DLC.

Why would they be in it? The scenario is based on the initial exploration of the new world, ie America. At that point George Washington was more than 100 years away from being born...

Are you serious? Pocatello was born in the times of the Lincoln presidency during the 1800s. Pocatello was born approximately 100 years after America started.

Are you serious? Pocatello was born in the times of the Lincoln presidency during the 1800s. Pocatello was born approximately 100 years after America started.

In the scenario, he represents 'another native civ'. It makes sense to diversify the amount of native civs available.

It doesn't make sense to include a civ based on the RESULTS of the actions undertaken in this scenario.

You're the one who brought up Pocatello. Your initial question was about America.

In the scenario, he represents 'another native civ'. It makes sense to diversify the amount of native civs available.

It doesn't make sense to include a civ based on the RESULTS of the actions undertaken in this scenario.

You're the one who brought up Pocatello. Your initial question was about America.

Yeah, I guess I did do that, teacher.

I just played my first game and was never able to find China? When I found the Natives and or City States the message came up on the window...use them to find the route to China. I guess the map screen expands to full rather then sides of the map window in black.

I settled settlers and got some good cities and took over a few Natives. Still not able to find route to China. All other European civs did. I was trailing behind in points..almost in last place with 70 turns left. Playing as England...I decided to build a navy and I captured all other European capitols. My point lead went straight up to first and was able to hold off to win by points but never came close to sailing to China.

Also since I could never expand the map...I assume it expands after you find the route to China...I never did see North America. I was guessing that you would run into the land mass of NA CA and South America. Is this wrong.

I will take in all the tips any one offers.

Brew God

I just played my first game and was never able to find China? When I found the Natives and or City States the message came up on the window...use them to find the route to China. I guess the map screen expands to full rather then sides of the map window in black.

I settled settlers and got some good cities and took over a few Natives. Still not able to find route to China. All other European civs did. I was trailing behind in points..almost in last place with 70 turns left. Playing as England...I decided to build a navy and I captured all other European capitols. My point lead went straight up to first and was able to hold off to win by points but never came close to sailing to China.

Also since I could never expand the map...I assume it expands after you find the route to China...I never did see North America. I was guessing that you would run into the land mass of NA CA and South America. Is this wrong.

I will take in all the tips any one offers.

Brew God

The naus to China are a waste anyway. I upgrade that initial caravel and it's the only mission I'll do with a nau. You want to be one of the first 3 GAs to travel there but if you miss that just forget about China. You'd really have to spam naus for it to be worthwhile but I think you're better off building an army for conquering natives and stealing their treasure. Once the natives are gone you turn on your brother Europeans :backstab:

What you want to do is find a passage between or around the continents and sail all the way to the western edge. There'll be some Chinese water over there and that's where you send your units.

Just a question: do the "old" Conquest of the New World achievements trigger from completing this?

(I know I'm replying to an old post.) The old Steam achievements do unlock now from the deluxe scenario. They must have patched it. I got the Francophone achievement last night. I just settled one city in the new world as quickly as possible so my starting units could heal, found China (England got there first, of course), built the navigation school, then exterminated one American civ (my neighbor had El Dorado) and made friends with the others. Then I started conquering Europe. :)

I couldn't figure out what I was supposed to do with faith and my starting inquisitor. Spain was spamming missionaries like she always does, but didn't seem to be getting any victory points for using them.

Top Bottom