Beginners Questions on Civ 5 Min Maxing

nightraid3r

Chieftain
Hey guys,

I play some MP games of the PUG NQ variety, as well as some single player emperor difficulty games. I feel like I have a pretty good feel for the game so far but want to make the jump to immortal and deity.

I've seen some things around like hoarding GS, a concept but I have an idea of I don't know how to do it exactly.

Can you guys give me a basic class on min maxing that's required to jump to Immortal and Deity? Also I'm curious on most efficient tech paths, most important wonders (I know they are incredibly tough to get on higher difficulties), and anything else I should be or shouldn't be focusing on as I jump to Immortal and beyond.

Thanks!

This thread has pretty good tips on min/maxing.

Mostly I would recommend watching LPs on Youtube (ElceePlaysCiv, MadDjinn, Moriarte) if you have the time, they can be entertaining as well as very instructive.

As far as GS hoarding goes, the reasoning is that GS will give you the equivalent of your last 8 turns in science when you bulb them, but that value is not set when they spawn, so holding on to them to accelerate the end game is very valuable.

A good rule of thumb for when to stop using GS as academies is after Public Schools, but it does vary a bit from game to game.

Top Bottom