Next patch

Didn't look at the zip, but if that stealth stuff changes any python files you may have to manually merge Wormholes modcomp in.

Specifically:

-CvEventManager.py
-CvAI.py

It's all done in SDK as I don't know how to do python, so I'd only ever use it if I tried to use events.

The probes should be seeing each other as they have detection ability. The AI's probably not smart enough to know to grab one wreck over another.
The first way I tried to get the stealth in the ships were undetectable by anything ever, which would be extremely frustrating for a human player to have to protect every city like a stack of death was next to it all the time. The question is if detection coverage is so much that the ability doesn't ever get used.

Hm. While Darlok ships are indeed invisible outside Darlok territory, they cannot capture enemy systems. (A similar problem occurred with Cloaked ships in Star Trek mod; it was - partially - solved by not giving all ships the Cloak promotion, but making it optional.) I don't know if there's any way attacking stealth ships can do anything but destroy enemy units...

In the shot below 6 stealth Invasion Ships destroyed my Psilon defenders, but didn't capture the system.

Attachments

• 5 Invasion Ships...0000.JPG
    5 Invasion Ships...0000.JPG
    117.6 KB · Views: 269
Ah, a fatal flaw. Well that will have to be fixed. I'll find where it prevents invisible units from capturing cities and disable it. I think hidden nationality ships also have this so regular stealth ships would still not be able to capture cities.

You think it can be fixed? Because that would be great (might be of interest to Star Trek mod as well).

You think it can be fixed? Because that would be great (might be of interest to Star Trek mod as well).

It's fixed. Not by me though, xienwolf already had a fix for this problem. Good thing because although I was looking in the right place I wouldn't have recognize what line of code I was looking for.

Also I had failed to include a file that put information on how Darlok stealth works in the Civilopedia. It's in there now.

Checking it out now. So far, so good.;)

BTW, I noticed that TC01 came up with a different solution for Cloaked ships in Star Trek: he added a Cloak promotion with an on/off button (with the Cloak off, ships can attack/defend/capture systems).

Yeah, I haven't really ironed that out yet since I've been doing a lot of other things. I want to make it so that the Cloaked promotion removes the ability to attack (by forcing the ship to have 0 strength until it decloaks), and I have to fix a few bugs.

I'm in the process of adding AI scripting to cloak/decloak ships depending on where they are and if there are enemy ships they could destroy in range. This would be a lot better implemented via SDK- except I don't do SDK coding.

There was a purpose to this post besides that: I've uploaded the current Wormholes code (for v1.2/v1.0 of ST/FF), merged into Final Frontier, to the first post of the Wormholes topic in this forum, for the next patch.

Oooh, toggleable cloaking :) Sounds nifty!

Anyway, after extensive playtesting on various mapscripts everything seems OK. So I thought I'd upload patch4k some time this weekend. ;)

As patch4k has been released, I plan to turn attention to adding more Great People for the next patch (and hopefully get rid of some bugs and errors...).

Also for the next patch I'll be looking into curbing fighter/bomber range (possibly from an initial 6 => 4) and the Human traits. Their current +50 % credits and +50 % science may be overpowered, especially compared to the Gnolams/Psilons, who are supposed to be Financial/Scientific respectively. (I'm thinking about exchanging the Gnolam/Psilon financial/scientific traits with the current Human ones. This may be compensated by assigning both Human leaders the Charismatic Trait.) The Civpedia will be definitely partially updated again as well.

Also for the next patch I'll be looking into curbing fighter/bomber range (possibly from an initial 6 => 4) and the Human traits. Their current +50 % credits and +50 % science may be overpowered, especially compared to the Gnolams/Psilons, who are supposed to be Financial/Scientific respectively. (I'm thinking about exchanging the Gnolam/Psilon financial/scientific traits with the current Human ones. This may be compensated by assigning both Human leaders the Charismatic Trait.) The Civpedia will be definitely partially updated again as well.

Speaking of, my next project was probably going to be getting MoO2 governments into MoO2civ. This would be especially important for Humans as their government is one of their defining features. To refresh anyone who's forgotten the idea was to have the four government of MoO2 be available to everyone, but have races that had that government in MoO2 have incentives to use it, like not paying maintenance, not having anarchy when switching to it, having it available from the start, and having access to the advanced form of that government.
Now I'm not saying to not change the humans now, but don't spend too much time fine tuning because eventually there will be a whole different form of democracy which would be available to everyone, but better for one and you'd have to fine tune that differently.
It also occurred to me that just having an enhanced democracy civic available is kind of bland if it's the only ability a race had, so I was then going to get in a MoO2 style 'charisma' ability. The idea was to just have a bonus to relation with everyone. I was thinking +7 because that would be enough to go up one level on the Annoyed, Cautious, Pleased, Friendly scale (unless you were far into annoyed). So if you're going to change Humans I could skip ahead and do the charisma ability first.

Ooooh! Sounds interesting :)

Speaking of, my next project was probably going to be getting MoO2 governments into MoO2civ. This would be especially important for Humans as their government is one of their defining features. To refresh anyone who's forgotten the idea was to have the four government of MoO2 be available to everyone, but have races that had that government in MoO2 have incentives to use it, like not paying maintenance, not having anarchy when switching to it, having it available from the start, and having access to the advanced form of that government.
Now I'm not saying to not change the humans now, but don't spend too much time fine tuning because eventually there will be a whole different form of democracy which would be available to everyone, but better for one and you'd have to fine tune that differently.
It also occurred to me that just having an enhanced democracy civic available is kind of bland if it's the only ability a race had, so I was then going to get in a MoO2 style 'charisma' ability. The idea was to just have a bonus to relation with everyone. I was thinking +7 because that would be enough to go up one level on the Annoyed, Cautious, Pleased, Friendly scale (unless you were far into annoyed). So if you're going to change Humans I could skip ahead and do the charisma ability first.

Wow! I'm all for it. I've actually been wanting to have the MOO II civics in. I really like your idea and can't wait how that turns out. (As said, I was just thinking of adding Charismatic to the Human leaders' Traits, but this is way more profound.) :thumbsup:

I just released 1.4 of Wormholes, which not only makes the labelling optional but also adds an option letting you alter the order of wormholes, from Blue - Red - Purple to any combination.

If you want to use these in MOO2Civ Patch 4l (assuming that's next), I'll post the code in the Wormholes code thread.

Top Bottom