AI personalities

Third, I wanted to have a Communications column to simulate the command point bonus from the communication techs in the game that increase the number of free units you get.
Tachyon Communications: +5ish free units
Subspace Communications: +10ish free units
Hyperspace Communications: +15ish free units
Excellent idea - simple and easy to implement. I like it!

Cool! I didn't know you had this plan in mind, I had a few ideas I wanted to try out with this, I'll share them here so they can be seen and used if good.

First was to use a government civic column to include the MoO2 governments in a way that balanced them to Civ4. I haven't thought of specific numbers yet.
Democracy: +n% gold, +n% research
Unification: +n% food, +n% production
Feudalism: +n of free units, +n% spaceship production
Dictatorship: +n% espionage, (not sure what else)

Second, I wanted to use an advanced government in the second civic column that started as none until you research the advanced governments. This column will just include an extra bonus similar to the first column
Federation: +n% gold and research
Collective (Galactic unification): +n% food and production
Confederacy: +n free units, +n%spaceship production
Imperium: +espionage, (+something else)

Third, I wanted to have a Communications column to simulate the command point bonus from the communication techs in the game that increase the number of free units you get.
Tachyon Communications: +5ish free units
Subspace Communications: +10ish free units
Hyperspace Communications: +15ish free units

Then the other civic columns I was going to experiment to add more to the game, I wasn't sure what yet. I don't know how to change the civics yet so I didn't plan to change these things for a long time, possibly the end of the summer but if you're going to look into it then I won't worry about it.

This conversation should continue over here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=9011922#post9011922
The communications civics are a good idea, I think the planetfall mod does some things like this. Although the best plan would be to have all things like that (things you research and are permanent) be national projects that give the effect when finished, but I don't know how to do that. Could probably be done with python. This would be a good solution right now, but can't be applied to everything.
The second column for advanced governments wouldn't work because you could get your advanced government but pick another for the basic. Like a confederacy and democracy. So it would have to be in the same column. It would look lopsided with most fields having 4-5 civics and one with eight, but only 5 would actually be available to any one empire.

Top Bottom