Does anyone still play this game?

Yes, I love Civ Rev and it's the only version of Civilisation available for the Playstation

civ rev on xbox is what made me buy a laptop to play civ iv. which made me try civ v.
civ rev is ok for what it was; a civilisation of sorts on consoles. but; the world was too small, there were only 4 other civs in it at a time, and because the world was so small and the civs so aggressive there would be pointless wars, all the time. especially when two usually couldnt even find you to attack because they couldnt go through the territory of the 2 nearest civs to get to you.
i would have preferred less cartoony unit and battle graphics, in fact much lower graphics i would have accepted for a much bigger world with a few more civs in.make it 6 or 7 civs on a huge map and low non animated graphics i would have enjoyed it more. the tech tree was nice. i especially loved leonardos workshop. now i only play it rarely and on chieftain just so i can get the modern units researched and update all my old ones guarding strategic points with the wonder to modern ones. at that point u can crush anyone who attacks, or wipe out everybody, or just defend while they throw away their armies trying to prevent ur winning with world bank or UN or space ship arrival.

I've been a Civ fan since the original, but I loved Civ Rev because I could usually finish a game within 2-4 hours. I used to play multiplayer mostly (on the XBox 360), which I find more fun than single player, because online players are usually smarter than the AI, and so make you work hard for your victory.

At the moment I don't have my XBox, so I'm relegated to playing single player on my Nintendo DS (which I brought second hand just to play this game! Not a bad £20 spent, in my opinion). It's still fun on deity, but the AI is simply too easy, attacking you with single units (when it should be forming armies), they never rush you, doing very little until maybe 100BC etc.

It's pretty easy to crush the AI militarily, so I tend to aim for other victories. Last two games I played the Romans and went for a culture victory. First game was a bit tough as I got stuck on an island with only room for 4 cities, and it took me an age to find any islands, but managed to scrape a victory. Second game was much easier. I didn't need to invade a single city (although I could have done). Instead, my end game involved Hollywood, and culture flipping all of the Arab cities except for the capital. That was fun.

I just wish the AI would provide a challenge more like a decent multiplayer game.

While I did hate "rushers" in multiplayer, I must admit it was a bit of a thrill when I was able to defeat them, which I could usually do if I was playing the English (with their +1 archer defense I could usually stop a rush 75% of the time), the Spanish (just flee to the islands and abandon your capital for a bit) or just do some rushing in return, by being Zulu, Aztec or American.

Some of my most fun multiplayer games have been against Zulu players who failed to crush me early on. Especially when I'm English, that double naval support in "Industrial" is always fun :)

I downloaded it on my Xbox when it was free a few months ago, I find it to be a fun, shorter, simpler style of Civ. As opposed to the deep, long games I play on Civ 5.

Its the best game on my windows phone!

While CIV Rev introduced me to the series as a whole and to the marvelous CIV 5 :D , I still believe that CIV Rev sucks because of how pathetic it is compared to other civ games likes CIV 5

Hey, welcome to the forums! :dance:[party]:band:

I am a veteran of this series and I still play Civ Rev religiously on my ol good Nintendo DS. It is a faster, more intense version of Civilization and I love it for what it is. It is a pity that 2K never considered any expansion nor -proper- sequel for it.

I love having Civ Rev 2 on my Note 4. A nice simple game when I have a couple hours or am on the go. The only downside is that the AI is somehow worse despite the simplification. Still a wonderful game, and worth the $15 full price I paid. I hope they update it again with some more new content, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was abandonded.

Just started playing this on my new 3DS XL. I no longer have a my PS3 and I missed playing it. Picked it up on gamestop for 1.99 such a great game. I wish they did a remake or a new version for the 3DS.

I've obtained in first Revolution 1000/1000 achievement on my XBox 360 and I'm very happy of playing more than 50 hours this game. Maybe it is cut in comparence with classical versions of Civ games, but it isn't very easier, because all 4 AI playing all together against the player and I pefer to play often more quick, less 4-5 hours parties instead of long, deep so that rare games in 4th or 5th version of the legendary series.

Napoleon starts off with cathedral; really thats half way to winning the game.

No I dont play it, anymore but gandhi is so aggressive in that game too

In my version he is always goes to the technology vicory, mostly ignoring big armies foundations.

Civ Rev DS was my introduction into the series.

On its own, I think it is a good game but sucks compared to the rest of the series. I play it usually to kill a few hours or to get a quick fix of Civ.

I hate how the so called "Samurai" for Japan look notjing like samurai and more like European knights, or any exactly like any other knight in the game. The only difference being stronger and a different color.

I really do like naming places like plains, rivers, and forests and I wish that is sometjing that carried over into the other games. Maybe it has, but I have only played 4 and 5 as the only other civ games.

Top Bottom