Conquest of the New World Deluxe

Both Bison and Cocoa has some issues regarding their display, they DO have icons but it seems to be somewhat broken.

Well, they are still moddable :p

Has anybody finished the scenario and say whether he got steam achievements?

Well, they are still moddable :p

Has anybody finished the scenario and say whether he got steam achievements?

Good question - and are there new achievements for winning as the four additional civs?

EDIT: Just checked and apparently there aren't, which is a poor show.

How does Deluxe work? Does it replace the original scenario in the selection screen, or is it a new scenario? If the latter, it almost certainly won't trigger the original achievements.

How does Deluxe work? Does it replace the original scenario in the selection screen, or is it a new scenario? If the latter, it almost certainly won't trigger the original achievements.

Both the original scenario and the deluxe scenario appear in the Scenarios menu.

I like it, but it's needing a patch. I'm getting bugs here.

Playing as Spain, I have +4 faith per turn, but the game is actually giving me over 100 faith per turn.

Also I can build a navigation school without having a university in all cities. In fact I don't need a university in any city to build it.

Also, my missionaries cannot convert my own cities to a religion. All cities I build on the new world have no religion.

Playing as Spain, I have +4 faith per turn, but the game is actually giving me over 100 faith per turn.

Also I can build a navigation school without having a university in all cities. In fact I don't need a university in any city to build it.

Also, my missionaries cannot convert my own cities to a religion. All cities I build on the new world have no religion.

Yea I also notice a few things while playing as the shoshone last night:
1. One of my worker keep displaying Feitoria as an improvement in the capital, but it was greyed out. Leads me to think that I can actually build Feitoria. I researched Economics and send a worker to a CS, apparently it worked. I can build the Feitoria and I got a copy of the lux.

2. I can get and give open borders without civil service.

Not sure if these are intended or a bug.

Scenarios have no uniques when it comes to the European, meaning that you can build both the Feitoria and Brazilwood as ANY civilization.

Yep, I noticed the last two as well. Additionally, no achievements at all. I won with Pachacuti/inca and didn't get either King of the Mountain or Macho Picchu. (neither of which I had achieved as of yet..)

The Normal and Deluxe are TWO DIFFERENT scenarios, that are based off on the same thing.

The Deluxe scenario didn't come with any attached achievements.

It didn't come with a patch either.

You need to purchase a missionary in your capital and send it over to the new world to convert your cities or wait for the other AIs to do it for you.

I think the Navigation School thing might be an oversight.

And I don't think that you are getting 100 faith per turn that might be a little bit too obvious. Or just a strange display error.

I didn't encounter that error at all.

The Normal and Deluxe are TWO DIFFERENT scenarios, that are based off on the same thing.

The Deluxe scenario didn't come with any attached achievements.

It didn't come with a patch either.

You need to purchase a missionary in your capital and send it over to the new world to convert your cities or wait for the other AIs to do it for you.

I think the Navigation School thing might be an oversight.

And I don't think that you are getting 100 faith per turn that might be a little bit too obvious. Or just a strange display error.

Yes, and I wasn't totally surprised that I didn't get the achievement. Clearly they need a patch for it. But it does detract from the achievement. Isn't the King of the Mountain achievement independent of scenario?

Also, I did purchase a missionary, sailed them to the new world. They couldn't convert my city. Neither could I use the starting inquisitor to remove the opposing religion.

It's a little bit of a bummer that no scenario specific achievements were implemented... I mean, sure it's a scenario update, but I might just say it's the ONLY scenario with any achievements attached to it.

Then again, it's just me.

Hey there! We have a blog post up that offers details about about the Conquest of the New World Deluxe Scenario. You can check it out here. :)

How do I get this scenario? It did not come with BNW when I bought it from steam.

I suppose the update I am downloading is it.

I'm getting actual faith because I'm spending it. Buying up a ton of conquistadors and sending them to colonizers the new world. Making the game too easy.

i really do like this new scenario. it feels more dynamic and fun than the original. the new religious stuff is perfect and feel much better than the base game. and i like the separate ideologies. they greatly add to the depth of the game. and the tipi is a cool improvement! but that said, the scenario feels very incomplete.

-as others have said, i too get no icon for cacao in the diplomacy screen (for trades)

-why are there only 4 wonders to build? and why are they all at the beginning, requiring no tech, thereby necessitating a re-roll if you want a chance at a wonder?

- i wish there was an actual world map as well, so that we could play a historical game as an option.

-i wish there was more customization allowed: how many civs, how big a map, how many CS, etc. i get that its a scenario, but it wouldnt hurt to allow this extra as well.

some bugs:

playing as shoshone:

native caravels dont seem to have the scurvy promotion/need the navigation school which they cant build.

the +1 faith per shrine and temple doesnt work (still at original values)

playing as Spain:

-i was given a quest from a city state to produce a great musician!

game crashed at the map recap of the victory screen.

also, having been ahead by 400ish points my entire Shoshone game, elisabeth got 2 admirals into china ON THE LAST TURN (as in after i had ended my last turn) and won the game by less than 100 points. so frustrating!

edit: and the replay map caused another crash here too.

Top Bottom