Conquest of the New World Deluxe

I was wondering can i fix my deity score so i tried again and this time i left poor francis with 3183 points advantage.This time i even managed to get full social policy tree and almost entire science tree.

Attachments

• Civ5Screen0010.jpg
    Civ5Screen0010.jpg
    470.2 KB · Views: 280
I don't have it yet(getting BNW tomorrow), so can someone tell me what the first city is for The Netherlands? I'm curious

I think it's Rotterdam, but I might be wrong

I was playing as the Mayans, and neither 'religious orders' building (Monestaries was one of them) showed up to build after I got the tech. Is that a bug, or is there something I was missing there?

I love the scenario in general though. I was doing well as the Mayans on King (I'm usually bad at scenarios so I play them on lower levels, especially the first time through), and then bam, 4 declarations of war from European powers. I was going wide, so I sent the majority of my army to defeat a netherlands invasion in the south, but France started attacking me in the north, and Spain attacked multiple cities to the east. England also sent a token invasion in the south. I lost one of my cities and needed massive loans from Pocatello to get walls and castles to barely save another three cities. As soon as I got more crossbows and thought I was safe on all fronts, France came at me with 5 frigates on the pacific coast and just took both of my costal cities super quickly. I didn't stand a chance there. My crossbow army was more than enough to survive, but it was a relatively intense ending to the game, with a lot of scary spots. I felt like I was fighting off all these foreign powers while seeing a time of massive change, with no hope of winning in the long run. The Aztecs were pretty much swallowed up, and I was Europe's next target.

In other scenarios I've never really felt in the spirit of the scenario, but this one did very well at making me feel as though I were a target of massive expansion from unwanted powers. When I first saw all these European settlers, I was concerned, and then they just kept on coming and became a bigger problem as time went on. I probably played too passively, letting the computers dictate what wars I was in instead of deciding what I wanted my military to do. I was constantly reacting, and never had the confidence to push out and do anything other than defend because of this.

I did do well scientifically though. I think getting quick crossbows is nearly essential for Americans. After that you can relax on tech, but crossbows can fend off any European attack if you have enough of them.

Monasteries and the other building are Catholic exclusive. by Default the natives can't follow any of the religions.

But given all the AI missonary & GP spam you see in the base game and the Native Americans being limited to Pantheons, it shouldn't take long for the AI to convert them.

Note that playing a European civ and see a native American civ with a score release that you should strongly consider converting them yourself to negate their pantheons that all add faith. (Especally the Mayans who get two pantheons)

The natives will always convert back the next turn, so that's useless. As a native, though, using that tendency of the AI to have the availability of a Monastery or Cathedral from one turn is really nice.

I don't have it yet(getting BNW tomorrow), so can someone tell me what the first city is for The Netherlands? I'm curious

I think it's Rotterdam, but I might be wrong

Beverwijck, New Amsterdam is the 2nd. The Netherlands are way overpowered in this one :D

Netherlands is overpowered? But their capital location is located somewhat boxed in between England and France. I guess those extra trade routes really are powerful.

Yes, the Netherlands start furthest from the New World, but the sheer points from the three extra trade routes are powerful. Amsterdam also has three or four polders, which will help quite a bit if you go to Economics quickly.

Well, I ought to give them a try. I've always loved the Netherlands because of their unassuming ability, improvement and UU (Although in scenario you can make a fleet of Beggars and SoTL).

I shall do as any upstart nation did. Conquer Europe. Again.

4 declarations of war from European powers. I was going wide, so I sent the majority of my army to defeat a netherlands invasion in the south, but France started attacking me in the north, and Spain attacked multiple cities to the east. England also sent a token invasion in the south. I lost one of my cities and needed massive loans from Pocatello to get walls and castles to barely save another three cities. As soon as I got more crossbows and thought I was safe on all fronts, France came at me with 5 frigates on the pacific coast and just took both of my costal cities super quickly.
i played on King too and it was pretty easy. i didnt settle shores as i was feared of frigates, so i was right i think. then, when Spain attacked, i bribed France to dow it. they fought for very long while i was enjoying peaceful growth, and it ended with complete elimitation of Spain from the game. I also managed to capture a 13-size spanish city which gave me 13 treasures (3900 gold) :D

i played on King too and it was pretty easy. i didnt settle shores as i was feared of frigates, so i was right i think. then, when Spain attacked, i bribed France to dow it. they fought for very long while i was enjoying peaceful growth, and it ended with complete elimitation of Spain from the game. I also managed to capture a 13-size spanish city which gave me 13 treasures (3900 gold) :D

Very nice! :)

I still won that game, by the way, by like a thousand points or so. It was more of an intense struggle to survive rather than win, which I kind of like.

Top Bottom