1.21.1 released

I notice that AI start golden era only from unique national wonder and wonders. Never use unique person to do it. (Dint make it to Equal Rights) (Playing on Hardest and Saga)
Ps: Dint test 1.22

I don't know if the AI does that or not, but I have noticed that the AI will quite readily starve it's cities to get great people, which was a bit surprising to see.

FYI Xyth, I looked at how we place goody islands in C2C since we don't have the problem of not getting them on a map regeneration.

We defined them as "goody huts" in the XML with valid terrain/feature values. I think this means that we get fewer goodies this way as I think they count towards the total for the map. IE number of C2C goody huts + goody islands = number of HR goody huts.

There is a python file CvMapGeneratorUtil.py. We added a module to it which all random maps call when they have finished generating their map. It has code to fix things like changing the kangaroo resource to only appear in the south eastern hemisphere. This is where we also put the Natural Wonders placement code and I think I will move the Goody Islands code here also so we also get more goodies.;)

Portugal Rifleman causes crash when built, or even added to map using worldbuilder in new game. Playing 1.21

Portugal Rifleman causes crash when built, or even added to map using worldbuilder in new game. Playing 1.21

Do you mean their UU the Caçador? Or an actual Rifleman? If the former, please post the crash report. If the latter, it's crashing because such a unit doesn't exist. You shouldn't be able to build them at all. 1.22 should prevent you placing such non-existent units in the world builder.

Ou, my mistake then, was only checking look of units using wb.... some of them have placeholder graphics though for non-existent units. This one doesn`t. Well no bug to report then :D keep improving 1.22

Ou, my mistake then, was only checking look of units using wb.... some of them have placeholder graphics though for non-existent units. This one doesn`t. Well no bug to report then :D keep improving 1.22

My bad, checked again and it was a bug after all. There was a reference to a non-existent art definition for the Portuguese Rifleman, and this is why it was crashing rather than reverting to the default Rifleman model. Have removed that reference for 1.22, just in case it's still possible to try create the unit somehow.

Xyth,

I was wondering if it would be possible to create an option, during the game set-up, for adjusting how big a factor the dissent penalty is for a civs growth.

I have been playing a huge Earth map, with the 1.22dev2. Starting with 10 early Civs, you know Celts, Egypt, Scandinavia… I thought it would be pretty cool if over time these big civs started to split and form new civs, like the celts split and create germany and england. But in the game I have been playing dissent has not been causing too many revolutions. It seemed like in 1.21 the revs were more common. It would be great if there was an option, like "raging barbarians" that would make revolutions more frequent. Just something that makes the dissent penalty for growth much greater.

Just to put it in context the top 3 civs in my current game have between 19 and 23 cities each, but all three have been relatively stable, with only a couple small uprisings, but no new civs (year is around 700 AD, on odyssey). I would love an option that would severely penalize a civ for having more than, i don't know, ten cities. so that for a civ to expand beyond it's home continent without spinning off a new civilization would be almost impossible, which adds a certain degree of realism and challenge.

Xyth,

I was wondering if it would be possible to create an option, during the game set-up, for adjusting how big a factor the dissent penalty is for a civs growth.

I have been playing a huge Earth map, with the 1.22dev2. Starting with 10 early Civs, you know Celts, Egypt, Scandinavia… I thought it would be pretty cool if over time these big civs started to split and form new civs, like the celts split and create germany and england. But in the game I have been playing dissent has not been causing too many revolutions. It seemed like in 1.21 the revs were more common. It would be great if there was an option, like "raging barbarians" that would make revolutions more frequent. Just something that makes the dissent penalty for growth much greater.

Just to put it in context the top 3 civs in my current game have between 19 and 23 cities each, but all three have been relatively stable, with only a couple small uprisings, but no new civs (year is around 700 AD, on odyssey). I would love an option that would severely penalize a civ for having more than, i don't know, ten cities. so that for a civ to expand beyond it's home continent without spinning off a new civilization would be almost impossible, which adds a certain degree of realism and challenge.

Dissent is lower in 1.22dev2 for a couple of reasons. Firstly, I fixed a bug where dissent wasn't scaling correctly with map size, but most significantly, the removal of the Religious Civics made for a significant reduction in civic dissent. I've since retuned the other civic categories to compensate for this, tomorrow's beta should have dissent back to more appropriate levels.

Dissent is lower in 1.22dev2 for a couple of reasons. Firstly, I fixed a bug where dissent wasn't scaling correctly with map size, but most significantly, the removal of the Religious Civics made for a significant reduction in civic dissent. I've since retuned the other civic categories to compensate for this, tomorrow's beta should have dissent back to more appropriate levels.

Awesome!

Thanks for HR, best mod i played for years

Contrary to other big mods, the AI is not broken & remains very challenging.
Having Natural Wonders included is the icing on the cake.

Great work !

I'm beginning to reach the end of my massive egyptian campaign. One thing of note is that it's a bit too easy to remain in a perpetual golden age in the late game. I have the wonder for 50% golden age length, the wonder for short GAs from other nations of the same religion , the civic for short GA when a GP is spawned and I'm the tech leader so I easily grab the techs for free GPs. It means I've been in a perpetual golden age from the late mideval era into what is now early modern and only sacrificed two GPs to maintain it.

Perhaps the short golden ages you get from wonders and civics could be nerfed a bit. Because this perpetual GA completely negates stability problems and I'm expanding like crazy and thus running away with the game. Also, I think newly spawned civs and colonies should spawn with a short golden age from the start to make them skip several turns of anarchy because they always change both religion and every civic on turn one. It would also make rebel civs slightly more potent. If only it could be done without causing a short GA on some other AI or the player so that you cannot get a GA from releasing colonies.

1.part: Well, try it on Imortal net tyme and tri think about Egipt as a super Evil empire.
In one of my games comp somehow manage create only one continent and put every one on it (16). In my game my i was a Egipt and my neighbor was England. And this empire has make many empire his vasals. I say this will be problem.
So i take his idea and subjected whit this metod the entire world. The fun part was when i give the conquered cities back to subjucted empires they become happy.

2.part:
.stoferb
Also, I think newly spawned civs and colonies should spawn with a short golden age from the start to make them skip several turns of anarchy
I agre.

Thanks for HR, best mod i played for years

Contrary to other big mods, the AI is not broken & remains very challenging.
Having Natural Wonders included is the icing on the cake.

Great work !

Thank you!

I'm beginning to reach the end of my massive egyptian campaign. One thing of note is that it's a bit too easy to remain in a perpetual golden age in the late game. I have the wonder for 50% golden age length, the wonder for short GAs from other nations of the same religion , the civic for short GA when a GP is spawned and I'm the tech leader so I easily grab the techs for free GPs. It means I've been in a perpetual golden age from the late mideval era into what is now early modern and only sacrificed two GPs to maintain it.

Perhaps the short golden ages you get from wonders and civics could be nerfed a bit. Because this perpetual GA completely negates stability problems and I'm expanding like crazy and thus running away with the game.

I intend to scrap the Equal Rights golden age effect. It's too strong with the new Great People mechanics. Also pondering swapping the effects of the Jetavanaramaya and the Cristo Redentor.

Also, I think newly spawned civs and colonies should spawn with a short golden age from the start to make them skip several turns of anarchy because they always change both religion and every civic on turn one. It would also make rebel civs slightly more potent. If only it could be done without causing a short GA on some other AI or the player so that you cannot get a GA from releasing colonies.

Rather than giving them a golden age, I'll just make them immune to anarchy for a several turns after seceding.

Thank you!

I intend to scrap the Equal Rights golden age effect. It's too strong with the new Great People mechanics. Also pondering swapping the effects of the Jetavanaramaya and the Cristo Redentor.

Rather than giving them a golden age, I'll just make them immune to anarchy for a several turns after seceding.

Yeah that works too. For newly spawned civs the important thing is that they don't waste time in anarchy. For equal rights it does feel like a pity to completely skip all these little GAs that are often a nice surprise and thematically very fitting. Perhaps shortening the length of short GAs to 25% of a normal GA and for Equal rights only get it from one kind of great people (great artists?) would be sufficient.

Top Bottom