[modmod] Dune Wars Enhanced

Now I feel really sorry for being so harsh to you. I though you were leaving in a huff back when you pulled your patches. You could have explained yourself a little better back then though.

Anyway, the things you have done with the Bene Tleilax are really god damn impressive from a technical viewpoint.

I will quickly download this to avoid the disapointement if you'll be bite by the same fly and going to delete all of this x_x

really nice work friend!

congraz.

have you ever thought of adding kmod instead of the revdcm?

ive created a kmod modmod, maybe you can take a look :)

Thanks.

It doesn't seem that one can add k-mod code without wise adaptation. Dune Wars is a different enough mod.
For example, will the k-mod code for founding cities help the AI here when the considerations for the best spots are different? I don't know. Maybe. If I had to guess, I would say no.

Properly improving the AI is a job for an expert coder.

In my version the AI is a little better with spies, choosing techs and some buildings. The AI is a little better on average with almost all civs (all civs are more on equal grounds now), and indeed one can end up seeing pretty much any civ at the top of the scoreboard, no longer just the typical fremen rolling on (still can happen though).

Harkonnen AI does not use the whip properly, unfortunately. I even wonder if its not best to just remove oppression as favorite civic.

And by the way, thank you Horatius for this amazing work :)

Thanks for the unit's graphics:)
Tell me what you think eventually.

Also, this version should be stable as a rock, but if in a particular situation you spot something that should be tweaked somewhat, let me know.

Looks very impressive. I will download later when I have time.

Well, thankyou for your time and effort Horatius. Will give a spin and let you know of any bugs

woot download #43

For now I have not found bug, but I have notice there aren't ingame description of the new spy mission, when you have to choose one. It could be difficult to choose without information of what they do exactly. And there is not in the civilopedia also, so I think it need a short description in the spy window, like other missions.

For now I have not found bug, but I have notice there aren't ingame description of the new spy mission, when you have to choose one. It could be difficult to choose without information of what they do exactly. And there is not in the civilopedia also, so I think it need a short description in the spy window, like other missions.

Are you playing the game in french or english? I only updated the pedia in english, I'm sorry (which is not even my natural language).

If in english, you can check the espionage buildings in the pedia or simply read the changelog. With a little experience, there should be no trouble.

Now, its true that there's no new text in the window when you choose a spy mission from the spy popup. That's because those texts, as far as I can tell (since I updated all the texts that I could in XML: not bad), are written inside the DLL and I'm not compiling a new DLL just for that.

So, there's actually a few mistakes in a couple of spy missions texts from the popup. For example, the Seduce Leaders mission is now changed to provoke -25% hammers, -25% culture, -50% GPP, -25% espionage defense in the targeted city, but the popup text is still the original.

That's how it goes. But, again, if you check the building pedia or the changelog (recomended), you'll understand correctly what is does.

I've played in english but it is right the popup when you choose the mission which could contain informations. If someone know the modding of dll.

It is not pleasant to need check pedia or changelog each time you want to know what spy exactly can do.

It is not pleasant to need check pedia or changelog each time you want to know what spy exactly can do.

If someone wants to do it, cool.
Sometimes one can learn to be happy with what one has, though, instead of wanting everything in a silver plate.

Seems like a pretty insignificant thing to me. I would never bother another modder with this quite of stuff and, truly, other bigger mods have this kind of fault all over the place...

But there is not a lack of information. It's just that the info is somewhere else.
Is it that hard to open up the pedia? After a couple of games, things just become known...

I'm all ears if someone spots something new that is not working properly (I doubt that will happen, but you never know) or thinks something is not properly balanced or has a suggestion, but not for this kind of stuff.

Sometimes one can learn to be happy with what one has, though, instead of wanting everything in a silver plate.
It sounds like you have added a lot of good stuff. But, it is reasonable for users to expect that if some of the missions have descriptions, then all of them should have descriptions. As a modder, it may be worthwhile for you to find out how the existing mission descriptions work, and add descriptions for your new ones in the same way. I am probably the one who wrote those descriptions, but unfortunately it is five years ago, and I don't remember the details of where it goes.

I think what he is saying is: "Perhaps someone who is better at hacking .dll's could do something about it."

I do hope the espionage missions are not hardcoded in the dll. I doubt they are.

Top Bottom