LINESII- Into the Darkness- Part II

From the Gorinese Empire
To the International Community

The Lord Kaiser formally withdraws any comments it made to hurt the Lengel Hordes honor. For they are the most honorable nation that has ever visited our lands.

To the Lengel Horde

The NAP will stand, but let it be known that any person from the Lengel that is caught in the Gorinese Empire will be killed.

I'm back, though it didn't seem like anybody noticed I was gone. Ah well...

And now, to jump back in-

@Darkening
I skimmed though the old LINES thread, and I think you had some diplo for me. If it still applies, please restate.

@Lord Iggy
No cultural center? If you didn't promote my capital for a game reason, I can understand, but I want to know if it was just a mistake on your part.

Regarding the flag-Norvalin would never have something so complicated. Their flag, or at least the flag I want them to have, is just plain black, to be better distiguished in the snow.

Any other diplo to me-Please repost.

And...

Orders due when?

EDIT: And, for a second time... What about my great project? Is started, but just not in the stats yet, or what?

(Sorry if this post seemed rushed. I'm rather busy.)

Can I have a word? Thanks.

Gorin should be patient (not to mention build up defenses) and wait for the inevitable Lengel collapse. The Lengels should try to conquer Gorin to prove that all of the CRA was vanquished by it, before its inevitable fall. That way, they can boast forever that their people once founded a great empire that indeed ruled over the entire Cradle. And Gorin will hopefully re-emerge after the Lengels are suitably weakened, or at least have an honorable defeat not unlike that of Shalamari.

Really, that seems the best solution right now. OOC-wise, at least. :rolleyes: But like somebody said on the previous page, inventing causes that are optimal for your personal wishes is a long established habit. No sense in criticizing it really. It's an inherent part of NESing if you ask me. ;)

EDIT: Iggy, NPC me after this update, willya? And if the exodus is a complete failure, let the people settle and slowly establish themselves as a Gorinese minority or something.

(But they will secretly nurse a grudge against the Gerber and will plan for a glorious revenge in the far future, returning to their homeland to raise Shalamari to her former glory! :p)

Iggy, you said earlier that you were going to do a new map with the new nations on it, but that hasn't appeared yet. Could you either do that or at least provide a small map that shows Kelios and its surroundings? It would be very useful for orders. Thanks!

Wow. First I thought Ken had some backbone. After all, I doubt Kal's too happy about being forced to pay Contempt off every turn. But I guess I was wrong......

To Norvalin
From Archbishop Caen

As you have assisted us in the past, we believe its only fair o offer you the same. We offer to send missionaries into your lands to correct the mistakes of old.

I do have a backbone, but i would prefer to have not unbroken by the Lengel.

i got what i wanted

Say, just so that when my nation finally hits some combat, I just want to know how you tell the winners of battles, per se...And yes I am a noob, no use insulting me =P

Well, most mods weigh in numbers, quality of troops, and the strategy that the players send in, and make their decision.

Yes, but how do these numbers affect the outcome? Knowing that I have swordsmen with (3) and archers with (2), how does this mash in with strategy and such?

LightFang said:
Yes, but how do these numbers affect the outcome? Knowing that I have swordsmen with (3) and archers with (2), how does this mash in with strategy and such?

I think Iggy uses this as a general guidline, not as something to base your strategy on.

Exactly. If you launch a charge with your Archers and have your Axemen try to fling their axes from a distance at the enemy, they will be slaughtered. Better to ignore the numbers and use a good strategy.

Actually I find having archers launching a charge very surprising with an element of surprise such as a flank attack and etc ;)

To: Lengel Horde

We ask for a Nap, seeing not only as a war with you would merely stretch your boundaries by waging a war across a sea. We ask for a four turn NAP

Wubba360 said:
To: Lengel Horde

We ask for a Nap, seeing not only as a war with you would merely stretch your boundaries by waging a war across a sea. We ask for a four turn NAP

To Myocaca
From the Lengel

No.

Contempt, you really should start watching your back. In case you haven't considered it.

@Imago- You have to pay for your projects, you didn't pay in your orders.

@Cuiv- Sorry... I've been very busy this weekend.

@Lord Iggy-I am almost certain I remember somewhere in the first thread that you said projects are free, they just take time. But okay. And what about the cultural center? That I did pay for.

To: Arcadia

Of course we will alow your missionaries into our lands. There is nothing we wish to protect our people from. However, we belive you will gain few converts. Norvalin beliefs are not a religon exactly, but they are a way of life our people hold to quite strongly.

Imago said:
But okay. And what about the cultural center? That I did pay for.

I'm really sure you can only try to make one,as they are extremely good cities to have.If you could just pay for it it would make it all to simple.

I'm really sure you can only try to make one,as they are extremely good cities to have.If you could just pay for it it would make it all to simple.

I thought that if you pumped eco into promoting a city, and gave a good enough reason, the city would upgrade. Also, I thought that Norvalin being the nation of the most extremist exiles in the known world would be reason enough to provide a culture center. (And the fact that Unias is now more or less a Mecca analogue to Norvalins)

But I'm not really complaining. Just a little confused.

To clarify, it's not that easy to get a cultural or religious center. Eco investment, a project, or a few stories.

Top Bottom