Test pitboss

Nice one, v8_mark! :D

See BCLG, I told you I didn't get the best one. :p Plains-hill, same amount of flood plains, two gold, Corn instead of Rice. Yup, definitely better. ;)

No but as i had to move to avoid having tundra plains in my opening tiles then i'm fairly sure i've not got the pick of the bunch.

Prepare yourself for the Mad Impi Rush! :backstab: This is definitely an original start for this type of game...

Since this all in good fun, I'll post the image against my better judgment. Feel free to use this information as you will.... :cringe: :lol:

Spoiler :

EDIT: After looking at this picture closer, I think I'm gonna change my capital's name to Anteat'em.

Attachments

• Mad_impi_rush.jpg
    Mad_impi_rush.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 73
So wait there are 16 of you playing this one?

Now Patching. I have been using a CD crack even tho I have the disc. Now I'll have to insert the disc each time. Small price to pay for the whipping which shall be exacted up my citizens and enemies.

Except Lord Parkin, I'll stay away from his gold-powered uniques. I nominate Allan to have first crack at LP.

Moderator Action: Warning: we don't allow discussion of CD cracks here.

Gee Whiz Nabaxo, why didn't you say so!

Next question, I did upload a screenshot, and I see my 10.00 mb limit is now down to 9.86... but when I click "my images" I don't see my screenshot. Does it take a a while?

I'll just say this... 12 sea tiles! Where's my "regenerate map" button!

ETA: How do I change my name? It used my windows login name, which is lame. I tried "your details" but the name is greyed out.

Only two out of the 15 that have played so far didn't settle on the first turn, including me.

Not massively interesting information, but I would have expected more...

If only I were Financial and you guys would be pissing your pants right now. Look at that flood plains I have around me.

naturally I stayed where I was.
Definitely not a bad start... perhaps slightly weak on food, but 6 flood plains make up for it a bit. :)

Shouldn't it be Parkinson? Cause you'll be trembling when you see my keshiks are roaming your homeland! :deadhorse: :sarcasm:
Hehe... I wonder if you'll be my neighbour, or on the opposite side of the map. :p

By the way, I noticed this is a Custom Continents map, so I presume some of us won't have contact until Optics.

Prepare yourself for the Mad Impi Rush! :backstab: This is definitely an original start for this type of game...

Since this all in good fun, I'll post the image against my better judgment. Feel free to use this information as you will.... :cringe: :lol:
Wow, peninsula of doom. I can understand your reluctance - I've seen a few starts with Marble, but that's the first with Stone I think. Thanks for keeping in the spirit of things anyway. I was a bit reluctant to post my own start as well for fear of being rushed. :D

Glad to see so many chime in on posting start locations. And great analysis by LP. :D
Thanks! :)

I think everyone got a mention but me on the UU front :D
You're right... I also forgot Irgy, but he has a non-military UU. I guess maybe in was my in-built bias against the French UU... personally I've never found much of a use for it. I usually pick the French for their leader traits, not their UU. But maybe you'll prove me wrong. ;)

So wait there are 16 of you playing this one?
Yep, indeed. Fairly typical actually, for a Pitboss game between forum members... I've played in quite a lot of 10-18 player Pitboss games in my time. :)

Only two more to go until new turn! :D
One now... just waiting for Robi D, and then it'll be the next turn!

Except Lord Parkin, I'll stay away from his gold-powered uniques. I nominate Allan to have first crack at LP.
Oh no, everyone's already ganging up against me. :lol: :p

Next question, I did upload a screenshot, and I see my 10.00 mb limit is now down to 9.86... but when I click "my images" I don't see my screenshot. Does it take a a while?
Try uploading using the "Manage Attachments" feature, it seems to be much easier. To do this, click "reply" as usual, then scroll down until you see a "Manage Attachments" button. Click it, then upload your file, and post your reply - the image will be attached to the post. :)

I'll just say this... 12 sea tiles! Where's my "regenerate map" button!
I presume you meant 12 "coast" tiles, since it's impossible to have 12 "sea" tiles unless you're on a one-tile island (which I assume you aren't, otherwise we'd be hearing more complaints ;) ). It can't be that bad though - I'm sure you have a decent amount of seafood. Just make sure to build the Moai Statues early. :)

ETA: How do I change my name? It used my windows login name, which is lame. I tried "your details" but the name is greyed out.
You can't change your name while you're logged in (for whatever reason). Instead, the name that appears in-game is the one that is written on the "Multiplayer -> Direct IP" screen, just above where you type in the IP. So you can change your name there before you log in. Hope that helps!

For when people are eliminated in the game my spoiler will once again be hosted at cdz. I imagine Robi will post his up to.

As mine is generally more detailed/awesome then i suggest when you're eliminated you check out mine first.

For when people are eliminated in the game my spoiler will once again be hosted at cdz. I imagine Robi will post his up to.

As mine is generally more detailed/awesome then i suggest when you're eliminated you check out mine first.
cdz? It will be interesting to read the different ways people play this game as its usually the single player games that get documented on the forums.

I might post a disaster log so people can critique what I did right and wrong as I'm starting to enjoy multiplayer after a few games with friends.

Just out of curiosity, has anyone looked into the different time zones of players? Are we spread throughout the world?

www.civduelzone.com

Check out the individual player forums, we've all got spoilers for the majority of MP games played. Some pbem, some pitboss- quite a few of the archived forums are c3c.

edit- just to point out, the spoilers are designed for those not playing to still enjoy the game, if you do feel the need to take advantage of a game then go ahead but it is generally frowned very heavily upon.

Top Bottom