Things we'd like to see in MOO2Civ

Cool! Many thanks.:goodjob:

BTW: Sorry for not taking part in the recent discussion, but I've been occupied by Real Life events these past couple of days...

Regarding the Darlok cloak, there may be a way to make that happen without making them defenceless.
In FfH2 the Elohim get the Homeland promotion which has effects that are dependant on whether the unit is in it's own territory or not. It may be possible to use that to have Darlok ships only be invisible outside their own boarders. That way they can still defend themselves but be able to make sneak attacks.
Some other ideas are to have all their ships have the 'can explore rival territory without triggering war' ability, or from FfH2 one of the effects of the Council of Esus, which is that units inside a rivals territory aren't kicked out when you declare war so you can be right next to your target, declare war, and not be moved.

IMO this would definitely be an improvement on the current situation.

True, but the Star Gates in MoO allow unlimited travel. One ship a turn is fairly weak for would be a top-level tech!

That's true, but given the Civ game engine I don't know of a way around this.

Jump Gates which increase your ships speed between your colonies are available at the Sub-Space Physics technology so if it were to mimic the original, space-lanes which serve the same basic function, would be available there. It might be interesting to see roads be a somewhat advanced technology

I agree. The Warplanes/Hyperdrives/Wormholes in MOO can't be built, they're just standard features on the map. These might be put more up the tech tree - or even done away with completely as far as the Warplanes are concerned. (Star Trek mod has done away with Warplanes completely; resources are linked automatically once mined).

The Elohim in FfH have an ability where they can see certain features from the start of the game. That could be adapted for this purpose. There is an easier way though. In the standard game when you research Satellites it reveals the whole map (although that's so late in the game it's not likely to matter). If you created a technology that couldn't be researched or traded, had the map reveal ability, and gave it to the Elerians as a starting tech then they would have omniscience, although not the part where they can see all the ships and colonies too.

I like this idea; I incorporated something similar to this in the Civ2 MOO4jr scenario.

(Now-redundant post.)

I've compiled a list of these suitable Great Artists - feel free to add any more shout-outs to this list if you wish :)

Dave Lawell (lead artist on MoOII)
Deon of Petersburg
John Deane
Jon Shafer (designer of the Final Frontier mod)Ken Burd (MoOII game designer)
Ken Burd (lead programmer on MoOII)
NCC Savage
Sid Meier (well, of course!)
Soren Johnson (lead designer on Civ IV)
Steve Barcia (MoOII game designer)

I've also included three more Great Spies, to bulk out the current meagre list.

Arakhor the Courtier
Ezixl of Klackon (the owner of the site from where I got those pics)
Jeelen One-Eye

(The reasoning for us on that list is that Arakhor is a Daedroth spy from Morrowind and "Jeelen One-Eye" does not sound like a Great Artist!) :D

Here's the full list of Great People so far, for a grand total of 63 people :) I also changed Kimbuzzi's and Xantus' titles better fit with their original titles.

Great Artists
Dave Lawell
Deon of Petersburg
John Deane
Jon Shafer
Ken Burd
NCC Savage
Sid Meier
Soren Johnson
Steve Barcia

Great Engineers
Admiral Tellik
Caern the Tulosian Mercenary
Claw the Klackon Taskmaster
Felina the Naturalist
Houri the Environmentalist
Kimbuzzi the Agrarian
Khunagg the Ruthless
Sparky the Meklar Cybernaut
Torg the Overlord

Great Merchants
Galis the Financier
Galin the Rogue Trader
Grogg the Gnolam Capitalist
Kher the Smuggler
Lydon the Noble
Slag the Armsdealer
V'Larr the Independent Trader

Great Prophets
Cassandra the Elerian Mystic
Dark Lord Necron
Electra the High Priestess
Orphus the Peacemaker
Matrix the Cyber Mage
Tanus the Revolutionary
Xantus the Supreme

Great Scientists
Chug the Planetologist
Director Androgena
Director Brainac
Emo the Scientist
Gizmo the Gadgeteer
Kirsus, the Psilon Scientist
Urro the Ikarian Doctor

Great Spies
Arakhor the Courtier
Crassis the Overseer
Diablo the Cyber Marauder
Draxx the Spy Master
Ezixl of Klackon
Jeelen One-Eye
Tulock the Bounty Hunter

Great Generals
Altos the Alkari Pilot
Aquasarrious the Trilarian Navigator
Cyr the Fighter Ace
Grumm the Armsman
Hawk the Astrogator
Karg the Pirate
Kronos the Spacefarer
Loknar the Last Orion
Malovane the Battle Lord
Mukirr the Mrrshan Warrior
Nhagg the Armsmaster
Nile the Forsaken Warrior
Nimrazz the Master Tactician
Ruola the Weapons Officer
Skaine the Legend
Slith the Rebel Pilot
Tyranous the Sakkra Armsman

Attachments

• MoO2 Leaders v2.txt
    12.2 KB · Views: 355
Creative list(s) there, Arakhor! I wouldn't have thought of including myself as a Great Person.:blush: I think woodelf would qualify as well though, as he made a number of units/models for use with the mod. (As a Great Engineer then, perhaps.):thumbsup:

A code for a black hole with a small % chance to drop the ship somewhere far in the galaxy instead of destroying it.

It would be fun and will lead to a "lucky" strategy of probing black holes on large maps to possibly explore distant frontiers.

A lucky strategy? :) That comes down to either certain death or instant teleportation to somewhere you might not want to be. Only the very brave or very stupid would apply and they have to both be very lucky!

Actually, it's the same as an event in MOO2 where a ship gets randomly teleported across the galaxy. (Personally, I wouldn't know how to make that happen though.)

Actually, it's the same as an event in MOO2 where a ship gets randomly teleported across the galaxy. (Personally, I wouldn't know how to make that happen though.)

The Maelstrom in FfH2 does random teleporting.

Compatibility with patch 3.19 would probably be a given, now :D

:hmm: Great as it is to have another official patch, I haven't installed it yet. (3.17 made MOO2Civ unplayable until NCCSavage provided a compatibility patch.)

Oh, nor have I. I don't want to lose the ability to play all those wonderful mods :D

Remember when there was talk of having Darlok ships be invisible, but not so within their own territory so as not to make them unable to defend their colonies? Well the making them visible part was not very hard. Like three line of code. I tested it with regular stealth ships and before I even exited worldbuilder I saw the stealth ship in it's owners boarders had a flag on if and the one outside didn't. I have heard that this can be resource intensive, from the constant checking of the plot every unit is standing on to see if its invisibility is active or not, if there are a lot of units. I would just have to find out how to make promotions give invisibility to have all Darlok ships have this ability.

What's the CAR mod? I might be able to help you better if I knew :)

Top Bottom