Civ 1 Quiz

Originally posted by Andy6474b
Temples help protect a city against civil disorder by reducing the number of unhappy people in a city. What else do they protect the city against?
Temples are centres of worship where subterranean gods can be propitiated, for if a city is built around a mountain then the inhabitants need protection from volcanos.

You are playing at King level.
You have just discovered a new civilization advance.
It cost you 60 lightbulbs to achieve it.
How many lightbulbs will the next advance cost you?

Correct. And welcome wroth. :goodjob:

For those of you who don't understand the answer, check out this difficulty level chart, though be sure to switch on your pop-up zapper first.

Everytime you discover an advance, it takes you longer to discover the next one. The difference between the two times is the number of extra lightbulbs you need. At King level this is twelve extra lightbulbs. In the quiz question, the last took 60 so the next will take 72.

wroth - if you would like to set the next question you are welcome to. If you'd like to pass on the opportunity then let us know and I'll set another.

Thanks for the welcome!,

As for a new question, here's one...

On Chieftan level, what ammount of payment for peace will another leader demand when you parley with them?

:)

Perphaps on chieftain it doesn't. But from my experience with the game it does indeed vary:

Mongols: 700 (or even more..)
Babylonians: -700 :D

Seriously, I think it might be 0, perhaps they thought that war would be too dangerous for newbies, so they added a standard great wall effect on chieftain.

Right on,

Chieftain level does have a standard great wall effect. (it was kind of a trick question)

Next question (I hope I remember this correct, I can't check it right now) :

In civ1, there is a wonder of which the civilopedia states that its effects will disappear ones you've researched a certain tech, when in fact its effects do not disappear at all when you've researched that tech. What wonder, and what tech am I talking about?

nope, that's not the one I'm looking for. IIRC inventing communism does end the pyramids effects, no?

Hey is the answer Copericus's observatory,
not by automobile?

Correct and correct, Vitterand. :)

Your turn to post a question now.

Here's one I would LIKE to know the answer to:

Exactlly what precise bonus does Michealangelo's Chapel have on cathederals? (sorry for my wretched spelling)

In Civ1, MC doubles the effect of the cathedrals. (not in civ2)
I think cathedrals usually turn 4 unhappy people to happy.
With MC built, cathedrals turn 8 unhappy to happy.
One Great wonder if you want to develop great cities...

We seem to have lost momentum on our quiz.
Anyone like to set a new question?
Or shall I do it?

Ah, I see the civ1 quiz is back alive again. :)

Yes, please go ahead and test our civ1 knowledge, stormerne.

Top Bottom