Civ 1 Quiz

did you really think you can get it right in one post :D my questions are uber l33t! Ill tell you what is wrong, the problem is at physics... you cant research physics that soon, your missing a tech before it :eek:

keep guessing, and good luck :goodjob:

You're right, I completelly screwed with Physics... :(

New list:
You got it!

By order:

Masonry
Bronze Working
Currency
Construction
The wheel
Engineering
Iron Working
Bridge Building
Alphabet
Code of Laws (before writing )
Writing
Literacy
Mathematics
Ceremonial Burial
Mysticism
Astronomy
Map Making
Navigation
Physics (requires maths, as Astronomy :crazyeye: )
Invention
Steam Engine
Railroad
Gunpowder
University
Metallurgy
The Republic
Trade
Banking
Industrialization
Steel
The Corporation
Philosophy
University
Chemistry
Explosives
Refining
Combustion
Automobile

Right?

And from the auto to robotics,

Magnetism
Electricity
Electronics
Flight
Advanced Flight
Rocketry
Computers
Space Flight
Plastics
Robotics

And with Robotics comes artillery.

Ok, i didnt post this up last time, that mistake i told you about was only your first mistake, there are MANY other technologies that you must research to get to automobilte, so many that i cant count... more than 10 i will tell you that....

Try playing your own civ game and research the techs you posted in order and you will understand...

man, something tells me this is gona take a while :lol:

well, good luck :D

I think your list of required technologies to obtain armour is a little bit too long.

Here is my list, in order:

Alphabet
Writing

Build diplomat, steal the automobile. :cool:

Oh, you want to be FIRST to have armour? Why didn't you say so?

In that case, I *think* this is the full list, from the bottom up:

Automobile
Combustion
Steel
Refining
Explosives
Metallurgy
The Corporation
Industrialization
Chemistry
Gunpowder
University
Railroad
Banking
Medicine
Steam Engine
Invention
Philosophy
Mathematics
Bridge Building
Trade
The Republic
Engineering
Literacy
Physics
Navigation
Astronomy
Mysticism
Mapmaking
Construction
Currency
Code of Laws
The Wheel
Iron Working
Writing
Ceremonial Burial
Bronze Working
Alphabet
Masonry

Alphabet
Bronze Working
Ceremonial Burial
Code of Laws
Currency
Iron Working
Map making
Masonry
Mathemathics
Mysticism
The wheel
Trade
Writing
Astronomy
Construction
Engineering
Literacy
Navigation
Philosofy
Physics
The Republic
University
Bankin'
Bridge Building
Invention
Medicine
Steam Engine
Chemistry
Gunpowder
Metallurgy
Railroad
Explosives
Industrialization
Steel
The Corporation
Refining
Combustion
AUTOMOBILE!

Right?

qoute:
"What is the shortest possible time for your first city to create its first settler, and how?"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yes, 12 is the best you can do, at least without help from some extra irrigation or something fishy with the spacing of the specials. There are several combinations of forest, grassland, coal, oil and game that can be used to get there in 12 turns.

(You can get to size 2 in seven turns if you have, i.e., build on top of, an irrigated oasis, but to get to 40 resources in 4 more turns you would have to also have an oil patches within range of your city. Normally you'll need 5 turns on forest to reach 40 shields after reaching population 2 in 7 turns.)"

/qoute

I would like to answer this one again because I think the answer is one turn. Maybe some would call it cheating. But in your first turn you build your capital. When in your capital you sell your palace, and build some barracks. Pay the barracks off and switch to settler. You will now build your first settler. This works also on the higher levels without unsettling your city. but only in the first turn.

Seeing as how I am the one who made the "all you need to get armour is alphabet and writing" post, yes, I guess I will have to admit that you can build a settler in 1 turn provided you have 160 coins to spend. I tried it last night and it does work.

The problem seems to be that you are taken to the city view as soon as the new city is formed - but BEFORE the map realizes the settler that was on that square at the beginning of your turn no longer exists.

To save the rest of you from trying it too, let me point out that it's not a particularly helpful cheat: it does get you an extra settler but it also dooms you to a long period of earning no money and doing no research, since corruption is sky-high with no palace (and it takes quite a long time to acquire masonry at 1 light bulb per turn and then build a new palace.)

Later in the game, however, I think you might be able to use the same trick during each turn you found a new city, if you have money in the bank -- and this COULD be useful... sort of like bribing each new city into a we-love-the-king day once. (And this I WOULD put solidly in the category of a cheat, not just good strategy unintended by the makers.)

so? Are any of those answers right?
or maybe someone wants to post a new question?

Ok Here's one...

About how many miles (dimension-wise) does each tile represent on the Earth map?

About how many miles (dimension-wise) does each tile represent on the Earth map?

Good one.

Of course it depends on where you are on the map. At the poles each tile represents much less than at the Equator.
But, average, each tile is 311 miles in width and 497 in height. I didn't come up with those numbers myself, I found them somewhere, so I don't know if they are correct.

Good answer...you now have question posting rights ;-)

hmmm, I can't think of any good question right now. If someone else wants to ask, go ahead. I'll try to think of something anyway.

Well, here's my next question:

What score do you need to complete your palace, in Emperor level?

You mean you've COMPLETED a palace?

Way back when I was just a lad back with civ 1. My evil brother being bigger (and me being nicer) decided that he should play instead of me. So as he played for hours I watched and read the civ manual. And as a few of you oldies might remember every now and again it asked you questions to make sure you didn't burn the game from somebody. I memorized all the stats of units ands wonders and buildings and I knew the whole tech tree and there fore never missed a question.

Now with Civ 2 and 3 around I don't have to know these things so my brain has gone to rot and I've forgotten but I could ake any one on in a civ 1 quiz.

Well, there's a question waiting to be answered, or someone can ask a new one.

Which of the power plants is the most expensive?

Top Bottom