R.E.D. World War II development thread

1st Merarchia Pezikou
2nd Merarchia Tethorakismenon
3rd Merarchia Machitikon
4th Merarchia Bombardistikon
5th Merarchia Pirobolikou

and also Hellas is the interantional and oficial name but do as u want ,no problem.

edit-------------- how many time do u think it will take for the next update?

1st Merarchia Pezikou
2nd Merarchia Tethorakismenon
3rd Merarchia Machitikon
4th Merarchia Bombardistikon
5th Merarchia Pirobolikou

and also Hellas is the interantional and oficial name but do as u want ,no problem.

edit-------------- how many time do u think it will take for the next update?

and how would you translate 1st, 2nd, 3rd ... ? :)

no eta for next update, there are a few things that could be broken by adding a new civ that will need repair first. If all goes well maybe at the end of the WE, else...

1i (proti)
2i (defteri)
3i (triti)
4i (tetarti)
5i (pempti)
6i (ekti)

in greek

1η (πρωτη)
2η (δευτερη)
3η (τριτη)
4η (τεταρτη)
5η (πεμπτη)
6η (εκτη)

thanks !

@T_KCommanderbly : I think I will move some of defines specified in the scenario files to the main define files. It will be easier to manage ID list this way, and the tables defined in the main file will be overridden by the ones in the scenario file if present when specific values are needed...

table about project availability, diplomacy, etc, will stay in the scenario define file.

v.16 is made, not many features, but heavy recoding of various files, T_KCommanderbly you'll see that a lot of things have been moved out of the scenario files to be put in the main files.

The code should be cleaner, and it will be easier to manage each scenario.

New units, promotions, projects should be defined in the main define file, only minor civs IDs should be in the scenario files.

The table have default values in the main file, but those will be overriden by any value/table of the same name in the scenario file.

this way we'll have a working base for any new scenario, and no need to keep 3 or 4 list of IDs updated, just the main one...

i just started a new game as greece and i noticed that the flag is opposite (in the reality the cross is white and the squeares are blue)and looks like the finland's one,but this isnt a big probem i think and i will try to make a flag for u,also it isnt importand but u game some of the greek island in agean to turkey ,after the ww1 turkey had no islands in agean except two near vosporus that are small and not worth putting at the map.very nice and thank u for this excelent scemario

edit. also instabull(konstantinople) is on european side of bosporus and not the asian one

2 EDIT---------noticed also that u named fightes "merarchia piroboliku" which is for the artliery.the name for the fighters is "merarchia maxitikon"
and the greek trait around city states is useless but i suposse this is just an fisrt version

thanx for the report, I'll correct all that.

"maxitikon" is fighter ? "merarchia" is division ? how would you say "fighter squadron" ?

there was a list of flag icons posted somewhere here, but I can't find it anymore...

sorry my mistake ,i named the fighters division instead of squad .it is "omada maxitikon"for the fighters and "omada bombardistikon" for the bombers.i have a greek flag at the page 12 of this thread but it needs to be made round.i will do it tommorow because it is really late in greece right now

Attachments

• gr.png
    gr.png
    21.5 KB · Views: 61
v.16 is made, not many features, but heavy recoding of various files, T_KCommanderbly you'll see that a lot of things have been moved out of the scenario files to be put in the main files.

The code should be cleaner, and it will be easier to manage each scenario.

New units, promotions, projects should be defined in the main define file, only minor civs IDs should be in the scenario files.

The table have default values in the main file, but those will be overriden by any value/table of the same name in the scenario file.

this way we'll have a working base for any new scenario, and no need to keep 3 or 4 list of IDs updated, just the main one...

Looks Great! And it is much cleaner :)

And Thank You for fixing the Austria Event. Now I will try my hand at a Czech event.

The AI way of wasting embarked units is still bugging me, and as we are working on fixed maps here, I've got a few ideas to try...

At the same time, ww2commander in MP as reminded me of the importance of supply routes...

Based on that, for reference, and in prevision of planned features, here's a list of some supply routes, troops movement and amphibious/aerial assault that I've gathered for the European map (some historical, some to add gameplay possibilities) :

Supply Routes (bonus to reinforcement data if land road exist, or bonus when convoy unit reach specific destination, or mix of both):
- USA/Canada to France
- USA/Canada to UK (after fall of France)
- Allied to northern USSR via Iceland (from Aug, 1941)
- Allied to USSR via Iran
- Finland to Germany via Baltic Sea (or direct supply if land road exist)
- Norway to Germany via Sweden then Baltic Sea (or via North Sea then
Denmark Strait)
- Suez to UK or Suez to Italy (depending of which side hold Suez)

Troops movement:
- UK to France (if France still hold, or if DDay event has happened and
landing sites available)
- UK to Africa (if Suez still hold or if north africa)
- US to France (Africa, after fall of France)
- US to UK
- Italy to Africa
- Italy to Albania
- Germany to Africa

Possible Naval/Air Invasion:
- Germany vs UK (after fall of France) - Operation Seelöwe
- Germany vs Norway: Operation Weserübung
- Germany vs Danemark: Operation Weserübung
- UK/France vs Norway
- Germany vs Greece (Crete): Operation Mercury
- Italy vs Greece (Crete)
- Italy vs France (Corsica)
- Allied vs Italy (Sicily) : Operation Husky
- Allied vs Italy: Operation Avalanche
- Allied vs North Africa (after fall of France): Operation Torch
- Allied vs occupied France (after fall of France): Operation Overlord (from west)
- Allied vs occupied France (after fall of France): Operation Dragoon (from south)

comments, suggestion, precisions (dates, conditions to allow event, etc) are welcome.

Allied vs occupied France (after fall of France and Operation Overlord): Operation Dragoon (landing in Provence, 15th August 1944).
Not as much celebrity as Overlord but important for France : the troops were mainly french.

comments, suggestion, precisions (dates, conditions to allow event, etc) are welcome.
I will work on this and now that you are back I will work again on the pedia entries as well :)

Just throwing an idea around, so feel free to ignore me if I ramble!

Supply Routes (bonus to reinforcement data if land road exist, or bonus when convoy unit reach specific destination, or mix of both):
- USA/Canada to France
- USA/Canada to UK (after fall of France)
- Allied to northern USSR via Iceland (from Aug, 1941)
- Allied to USSR via Iran
- Finland to Germany via Baltic Sea (or direct supply if land road exist)
- Norway to Germany via Sweden then Baltic Sea (or via North Sea then
Denmark Strait)
- Suez to UK or Suez to Italy (depending of which side hold Suez)

Specific to the road/rail connections, you could make use of modular code that checks coordinates in a loop fashion between cities and if road or rail exists then the supply bonus is given. This could be linked to the define.lua files via a g_SupplyRoute table that provides relevant routes to take through city hex coordinates.

i.e.
g_SupplyRoutes{
[Iran] = {{1,2},{34,35},{45,56}}
}

or if you wanted to make life easier, use predefine for cities so it looks as follows:

g_SupplyRoutes{
[Iran] = {[Baku], [Gorzny],[Stalingrad]}
}

I like the idea. I also like WW2Commander's idea.

I know for some of the scenarios, the embarked units could use more moves. Im guessing it should take about 3 turns (a month to be realistic) for units to be able to travel from America to Europe or vise versa. However that may be overpowered.

I finished the Czech event, I also added the annexation of Albania, Lithuania, Latvia and Estonia. And added all the dates for war and stuff. I plan on adding in the fall of france and poland soon, hopefully copying the code that you had.

But here are the files so far...

http://www.filedropper.com/americaeuro1936

I'll post the test version when back from work with the automated maritime convoy code, the code to check land route is not done yet, but the define table will be similar to what I've made for the maritime convoy route, and starting/ending points are set almost exactly as www2commander suggestion (I just use multiple possible plots)

Ho, and I note to add a way of modifying the embarked units move at scenario level in the to do... shouldn`t that affect all naval units?

Top Bottom