Rise of the Terran Empire: Hoshi Sato and the Tholian Web of Doom

Flipantropo

Chieftain
Has anybody beaten this scenario at Admiral+ difficulty playing as the Terran? No matter how much i try, i never survive more than 70-90 turns. All i can manage is to keep Earth and Wolf, build a space station to secure the Duranium, and defend myself from the hordes of first rebel then Tholian vessels. I can handle the rebels, but at turn 60 or so the Tholians attack and take Wolf (I think i can do better to defend Wolf in time, but the thing is the Tholians quickly become an invincible enemy for me, sending masses of the latest tech cruisers, with soooooooo many promotions and first strikes they simply overwhelm my defenses and destroy me). Even my warlords lose to these vessels 1v1 in equal conditions (same cruiser model, no environment bonuses). And also theres the freaking Excelsior, which costs as much as a Light 6 but has 1 less strenght. And before that I dont see the moment i can go agressive on the rebels, their defenses are too solid. but even if i can take a sistem or two, the Tholians just rape me 100% of the times. ¿Any tips?

After countless attemps i managed to achieve a "Captain"(Monarch?) difficulty domination win in turn 240-ish. The Tholians were exceptionally quiet this time, and i had sub-space warheads (nukes) by the time they attacked me. I started by researching Warp 7 and building a small fleets of those crappy ships to conquer Vulcan, then reinforced it with light I to capture all of the rebel planets but Tellar, which I purposedly left there to provide the Klingons and Romulans with a weak target to attack before me. While they were at it i built a sizable fleet of light 4 which i sent to conquer the Romulans. I captured all sistems but Romulus, due to strong resistance and the fact that the Tholians chose that moment to attack me. I slowly (and painfully) defeated the Tholians, with missiles and interceptors (no ship of mine could even scratch a Tholian ship, they all had the drill 4 promotion, so i had to do it the other way). At the end, i controlled all the sistems in the sector except for the 7 the Klingon had. A 1-turn simultaneous invasion of 6 sistems, with the use of 10 nukes or so (the Klingon had a fleet of over 200 ships in Q´Onos only) finally gave me the win.

But my question remains: Has anybody beaten this on Admiral or higher difficulty?

Top Bottom