Thing I learned about the world thru Civ4

403. However they probably should go for cultural having broadway in new york, Hollywood in LA (?) and RocknRoll in Cleveland (?)

Even with those it would be a bit stupid, as they have only been around for half of the time. Spawning in the 18th century is not really what you want for cultural.
And as Sid Sushi has been found in China and Civ. Jewellers in Antwerps, they haven't got the corporations HQs either.
And I forgot to mention that their libraries haven't got the millenium double culture :p

All of that should just go to show you that we Americans know nothing at all about city placement or specialization in the first place. I mean, we put Wall Street and West Point in the same city, fer cryin' out loud- which is also the city that makes by far the most GPPs, but our NE must be somewhere else. We're so silly. :crazyeye:

All of that should just go to show you that we Americans know nothing at all about city placement or specialization in the first place. I mean, we put Wall Street and West Point in the same city, fer cryin' out loud- which is also the city that makes by far the most GPPs, but our NE must be somewhere else. We're so silly. :crazyeye:

Severe GA pollution as we stacked Hollywood with NE.

Anyway, whatever the next number is: Only fascist countries know how to make parachutes!

Well, if Los Angeles has our National Epic, what is our epic, anyway? "The Ballad of Jed Clampett"?

Naw, that movie should be our Heroic Epic. But our Heroic Epic should've been with West Point in New York. But Wall Street was already there. So we thought about matching our Heroic Epic with the Ironworks in Detroit. But nobody could think of any nice things to say about Detroit, thus, no Epic. So we matched HE with NE in LA and oh help me my head is spinning

I would say our National epic would be The Adventures of Tom Sawyer/Huck Finn and our Heroic Epic The Red Badge of Courage?

407:Every new technology in the future will make us happier and healthier.

I would say our National epic would be The Adventures of Tom Sawyer/Huck Finn and our Heroic Epic The Red Badge of Courage?

My junior high English teacher would have given that an emphatic "yes".

#408 The Modern Armour, the Gunship and the Mechanized infantry are the most advanced weaponry of humanity. We cannot progress beyond that. Forget robot battles, laser batteries, anti-matter cannons and the like : we won't progress beyond the point we are now.
Space colonizing will be very difficult, as we can only build one spaceship for every major civilization.
And although this one was probably already mentioned: we should not worry about this technological stagnation (which will make us healthier and happier by the way), as the world will end in 2050 anyway.

409) Countries like Japan and America cannot be friends as nuking and declaring war induces really large penalties in diplomacy. In fact all countries that have ever fought war (even if the war was 100000000 years ago) cannot be friends unless they share a religion.

#408 The Modern Armour, the Gunship and the Mechanized infantry are the most advanced weaponry of humanity. We cannot progress beyond that. Forget robot battles, laser batteries, anti-matter cannons and the like : we won't progress beyond the point we are now.
Space colonizing will be very difficult, as we can only build one spaceship for every major civilization.
And although this one was probably already mentioned: we should not worry about this technological stagnation (which will make us healthier and happier by the way), as the world will end in 2050 anyway.

Future techs after 2050. After all, "The future will be better tommorrow". Or the world could be playing Next War.

Top Bottom