Clash of Civilizations - BNW

Hashishim

Prince
Hey Guys:)

As per normal the Goal of this MOD is to provide as much Modern (Post Industrial Era) representation for each country in the world to Civilization V in some form or the other, whether it be via City State, Regional Bloc or Actual Single Country. (Depending on the role it the country plays in the Real World, and whether it can create a sort of real "Conflict Zones") where we can create scenarios and replay them how we feel fit.

Some of the Civs Core aspects will be taken from other Mods with Tweaks suited for Mod, and Some I will do completely myself, and will be a template of the base civs with changes to it as well. All however my aim would be to have some form of Modern Unique Units, and UB custom made.

I will also try to incorporate other mods I feel will fit perfectly for it, my hope like before is to include it as part of another bigger Mod, like how I did for CIV IV.

P.S. Most of the XML will be based on SQL (Learnt the method of modding with this recently and find it much easier Thanks to JFD for his MODS as a Template)

Anyway a Further note:
The cities chosen for each country representing will be the Capital of the Country and their 2nd Largest City. Especially with regards to Blocs. Each city will be renamed as such: Paris (France) for e.g. So it can be easily recognized. Each City State will be labeled as its Country, with its Capital as the City Name.

Below you will find the layout of each CIV and which countries they may represent, either in Form of Bloc or City State or Barbarian, or will be Stand-Alone I have ordered it according to Continent.

Credit will be given to the creators of all Artwork, Civ Templates I use, and I hope I get permission to use them:)

Any Suggestions or Feedback is welcome

Please note if by any means my list offends anyone then I apologize my only hope given with the restrictions presented by CIV V Mechanics (if I could I would have each country as its own civ) it the best I can do that can include all countries in todays world.

Furthermore I hold no BIAS nor will I choose to not include certain countries regardless of Creed, Faith, Race, Ideology etc they are all part of Earth and in a sense part of our history and it always right to be accurate and represent even the worst of us:) And it is all there for us to choose whom we want to play with and recreate scenarios that interests us.

Lastly I plan to make a form of integration between this MOD so it works with the Community Project Total Conversion Mod (As the ideas from there are awesome)

As Promised the Layout of each Civ it is organized firstly by Continents, FOR SOME I have left out the Leaders as they will be the current leaders that are in place in the world or default depending on the Artwork involved. Alterations may occur over time progresses. I will include a custom WORLD MAP, which will plot most of the cities but as barbarian with start point of the CIVS in place, thus making it like a TOTAL WAR GAME:)

Also note I group the Countries into Regional Blocs according to Actual Real World Organizations they are members of or are Observer States and in few cases I just renamed them to accommodate for CIV 5 Game play. Generally they formed these organizations as a form of common ideology, ethnicity, geography etc.) So I kept it as is, where there is a chance to simulate a conflict or scenario I separated them into a different Bloc or on it own stand alone.

UPDATED CHANGE: Due to Time Constraints for completing the below, this list will and can Change to a smaller number. But my hope is to create this at end, as well as other CIVS most likely

AFRICA

Spoiler :

1)
UEMOA - WEST AFRICAN ECONOMIC MONETARY UNION - I have shortened it to West African Union or UOA, West African for Denonym (which is what it could come in the future)
Countries include:
Bernin; Burkina Faso, Ivory Coast (Cote de Vore), Guinea-Bissau, Niger, Senegal, Liberia, Togo

Leader - Alassane Outtara Chairman / Secretary General (He was at one stage in charge of it)

2)
WAMZ - WEST AFRICAN MONETARY ZONE
I have shortened it and renamed it to West African Independent Nations or WAIN (This is opposition to the above bloc reason being for scenario for Sierra Leone and Liberia conflict where other nations can intervene, and Nigeria also conflict zone kind off)
Countries: The Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Nigeria, Sierra Leone, Cape Verde

Leader - Ike Ekweremadu - President of the Commission

3)
ARAB MAGHREB UNION
Countries:
Algeria, Mauritania, Morroco, Tunisia, Western Sahara

LEADER Habib Ben Yahia Secretary General

4)
ECONOMIC COMMUNITY OF CENTRAL AFRICAN STATES - ECCAS
Shortform - Central African States

Countries
Cameroon; Central African Republic; Chad; Congo; Equatorial Guinea ; Angola; Sao Tome and Principe; Burundi; DRC; Gabon

LEADER - Nassour Guelendouksia Ouaido - Secretary General

5)
EAST AFRICAN COMMUNITY - EAC
(This I kind of Extended)
Countries
Eritrea; Djibouti; Kenya; Uganda; Rwanda; Tanzania ; Comoros; Seychelles; Mozambique; Zambia; Malawi; Madagascar; Mauritius; Botswana

LEADER - Richard Sezibera - Secretary General

6)
REPUBLIC OF SOUTH AFRICA
May include Lesotho and Swaziland

Leader - Jacob Zuma - President

7)
REPUBLIC OF MALI

LEADER - Dioncounda Traore - President

8) Republic of Sudan (Northern Sudan)
Leader - Omar Al Bashir - President

9) STATE OF LIBYA
Leader - Nouri Abushahman - President

CITY STATES
Addis Ababa - Ethiopia
Windhoek - Namibia
Juba - South Sudan
Timbuktu - Tuareg Rebels*
El Aaiun - Sarhawi (Fighting for Independence in Western Sahara)*
Harare - Zimbabwe*

The Certain City States marked with * may be just placed in a map I will include as Barbarians, to indicate Rebels etc I will however have a seperate CS for them as well incase people want to play with it.

If you notice above many scenarios can be presented Morroco and control of Western Sahara, Mali and Tuareg Rebelion, Libya and its rebellion and NATO bombing etc. South Africa and Angola and Namibia.

AMERICAS
Spoiler :

1)
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

2)
UNION OF SOUTH AMERICAN NATIONS - South American
COUNTRIES

ARGENTINA | BOLIVIA | CHILE | COLUMBIA | ECUADOR | GUYANA | PARAGUAY | PERU | SURINAME | URUGUAY | FRENCH GUIANA

LEADER Secretary General Maria Emma Mejia Velez

3)
FEDERATIVE REPUBLIC OF BRAZIL

4)
UNITED MEXICAN STATES

5)
CENTRAL AMERICAN INTEGRATION SYSTEM
Or CENTRAL AMERICAN UNION

Countries:

HAITI | GUATEMALA | EL SALVADOR | HONDURAS | NICARAGUA | COSTA RICA | PANAMA | BELIZE | DOMINICAN REPUBLIC | JAMAICA | BARBADOS | GRENADA | ARUBA | TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO

I stretched this aswell but it should be fine

LEADER Juan Daniel Aleman Gurdian GENERAL SECRETARY

6)
CANADA

7)
VENEZUELA

CITY STATES
CUBA - Havana

Will be barbarian city - FALKLAND ISLANDS - Stanley (Allowing for Argentina and UK Conflict to occur)

MIDDLE EAST

Spoiler :

1)
Islamic Republic of Iran

2)
Gulf Cooperation Council - GCC
Or Gulf Arab States

Countries:

SAUDI ARABIA | UAE | QATAR | OMAN | KUWAIT | BAHRAIN | YEMEN | JORDAN

LEADER SECRETARY GENERAL Abdullatif bin Rashid Al Zayani

3)
UNITED ARAB REPUBLIC

Countries:
SYRIA | IRAQ

LEADER UNDECIDED

4)
STATE OF ISRAEL

5)
Arab Republic of Egypt

6)
Republic of Turkey

CITY STATES[

Jerusalem - UNDER UNITED NATIONS CONTROL [U.N]
Beirut - Lebanon

As BARBARIAN CITIES

Gaza City - Gaza Strip | West Bank - Ramallah - PALESTINE

ASIA

Spoiler :

1)
ECONOMIC COOPERATION ORGANIZATION MEMBER STATES
Or ECO Member States - Central Asians

Countries:
AZERBAIJAN | KAZAKHSTAN | KYRGYZ | TAJIKISTAN | TURKMENISTAN | UZBEKISTAN

LEADER SECRETARY GENERAL Shamil Aleskerov

2)
Vietnam

3)
AFGHAN-PAK ISLAMIC REPUBLICS

Countries:
Pakistan | Afghanistan

Leader - Undecided

4)
Peoples Republic of China

5)
SOUTH ASIA ASSOCIATION FOR REGIONAL COOPERATION - SAARC
South Asian

Countries:

INDIA | BANGLADESH | BHUTAN | MALDIVES | SRI LANKA

LEADER SECRETARY GENERAL Sheel Kant Sharma

6)
JAPAN

7)
DEMOCRATIVE PEOPLES REPUBLIC OF KOREA
Or North Korea

CITY STATES

Thailand - Bangkok
Malaysia - Kuala Lampur
Singapore - Singapore
Taiwan - Taipei
South Korea - Seoul
Myanmar (Burma) - Yangon
Tibet - Lhasa
Australia - Sydney
New Zealand - Auckland

BARBARIAN
Cambodia - Phnom Penh
Laos - Vientiane
Kashmir - Kashmir

EUROPE

Spoiler :

1)
THE NORDIC COUNCIL

Countries:

DENMARK | ICELAND | NORWAY | SWEDEN | FINLAND | GREENLAND | FAROI ISLANDS | ALAND ISLANDS | ESTONIA | LATVIA | LITHUANIA

LEADER GENERAL SECRETARY Haldor Asgrimsson

2)
UNITED KINGDOM

COUNTRIES:

ENGLAND | SCOTLAND | WALES | NORTHERN IRELAND

3)
French Republic

4)
Federal Republic of Germany

5)
Hellenic Republic
- Greece

6)
The Netherlands

7)
The Italian Republic

8)
Russian Federation

9)
Kingdom of Spain

10)
Portuguese Republic

11)
Former Yugoslav Republics

Serbia | Slovenia | Montenegro | Macedonia | Croatia

Leader: Undecided

12)

EURASIAN ECONOMIC COMMUNITY AND COMMONWEALTH OF INDEPENDENT STATES - CIS
Or EurAsEC

Countries:

ARMENIA | GEORGIA | UKRAINE | BELARUS | MOLDOVA

13) THE CENTRAL EUROPEAN INTIATIVE - CEI
Central Europe

Countries:

AUSTRIA | HUNGARY | CZECH REPUBLIC | POLAND | SLOVAKIA | ALBANIA | BULGARIA | ROMANIA

LEADER SECRETARY GENERAL Gerhard Pfanzelter

14)
WESTERN EUROPEAN AND OTHERS GROUP - WEOG
WESTERN EUROPE

Countries:

BELGIUM | LIECHTENSTEIN | LUXEMBOURG | MONACO | MALTA | SWITZERLAND | SAN MARINO | ANDORRA

Leader: Undecided

City States

South Ossetia - Tshinvali
Bosnia & Herz - Sarajevo
Cyprus - Ncosia

Barbarian Cities

Chechnya - Grozny
Dagestan - Makhachkala
Kosovo - Pristina

The Polynesian and Indonesians as well as Micronesia and the countries around there will be included as well in some form or the other:)

I created the following City States that will be used to represent the bulk of the previous post:

What also will be included is a City State Selector xml file (So when you creating your new game you can easily remove the City States you do not want to pop up) In addition all CS is made Compatible with Gedemons Culturally Linked Starts ensuring the right CS and CIVS are together. ( Il be trying to incorporate it and test whether his MOD works with Community Call To Power Mod.

Spoiler :

AFGHANISTAN
ANGOLA
ARGENTINA
AUSTRALIA
BANGLADESH
CANADA
CENTRAL AFRICA
BOSNIA
CONGO
CUBA
CYPRUS
HONG KONG
ICELAND
INDONESIA
JERUSALEM
KASHMIR
KUWAIT
LEBANNON
LIBYA
MALAYSIA
NETHERLANDS
NEW ZEALAND
NIGERIA
NORWAY
PORTUGAL
QATAR
REPUBLIC OF IRELAND
SERBIA
SINGAPORE
SOMALIA
SOUTH KOREA
SUDAN
SWITZERLAND ZURICH
TAIWAN
TIBET
UAE
UKRAINE
VENEZUELA
VIETNAM
YEMEN
ZIMBABWE
GHANA
KAZAKHSTAN
BRUNEI
BELIZE
LIBYA
BELGIUM
ROMANIA
HUNGARY
SRI LANKA
DENMARK
SENEGAL
EAST TIMOR
DJIBOUTI
ERITREA
SWITZERLAND
GUYANA
FINLAND
UGANDA
NEPAL
KENYA
ZAMBIA
MACAU
MALDIVES
PHILLIPINES
MONACO
LIBERIA
MAURITANIA
MAURITIUS
PAPUA
CZECH REPUBLIC
CAPE VERDE
COSTA RICA
EL SALVADOR
FALKLAND ISLANDS
SWEDEN
FIJI
AUSTRIA
POLAND
CAMAROON

Note however there will also be Major Civs I will make that includes the above City States, all depends on the player and how he wishes to simulate and play the game:)

DEVELOPMENT PROGRESS:

Spoiler :

Major Civs: United Mexican States - Completed Version 1 (Will be uploading sometime this week) - Drug Warlord Mercenary Unique Unit is included and Cartel Unique Building will have gold bonus, Version 2 will have support for Community Project Total Conversion Mod using the Resource Coca. Will result in more money but more unhappiness still deciding on best way to do it suggestions welcome

Major Civs: Gulf Arab States - Work in Progress (Will include Qatar, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, UAE, Oman), Its leader may be the default Vanilla Arabian Leader, alternatively will create a Generic one, or use a Graphic of one of the Current leaders from these Countries. Different UU's and UB's included

Major Civs: Republic of Turkey - Work in Progress (Sorting out the Art Work)
Note: There is already a mod with Ataturk as its Leader, I will be using a more modern Leader, and tweaking certain factors to Turkey's current status in the world

There alot more but so far this what I am currently working on,

Finally have time to work on this,

Suggestions, ideas and concepts welcome. Also if you know where I get good 3d Models / pictures of current leaders will be great to, saves me time from making it or finding it.

Top Bottom