HOW TO: Create a Civilization

OK, I'll try, here is a winzip folder with all my work. I do thank you for the help you are giving to me.Sorry for all this trouble!
I'm trying to put Amra's HiroHito civ in another mod, like Jeckel taught how to put one civ from one mod to another.

Code:
         <LeaderheadArtInfo>
            <Type>ART_DEF_LEADER_HIROHITO</Type>
            [COLOR="Blue"]<Button>Art/Interface/LeaderHeads/Hirohito.dds</Button>[/COLOR]
            <NIF>art/LeaderHeads/Hirohito/napoleon.nif</NIF>
            <KFM>art/LeaderHeads/Hirohito/napoleon.kfm</KFM>
            <NoShaderNIF>art/LeaderHeads/Hirohito/napoleon_noshader.nif</NoShaderNIF>
            <BackgroundKFM>art/LeaderHeads/Hirohito/napoleon_bg.kfm</BackgroundKFM>
        </LeaderheadArtInfo>

are you sure that your putting the hirohito.dds art file in the correct folder?

it should be in your:

[modname] folder/Assets/Art/Interface/LeaderHeads folder

following tht correct path...

the only other thing I see is that you call it Hirohito.dds in the tagline but the file name is hirohito.dds

although I dont think thaqt should affect it....

fyi I checked the dds file and it seems to be working....

I used your button instead of my customs and it worked fine (button came up with your pic not a pink screen) :goodjob:

so I still think your not putting the dds art file in the correct place :rolleyes:

check that out

hope that helps ;)

I'm sorry the gray box that says do I want to send the error reports

No, I created a directory that is: MyCivs\Assets\Art\Interface\Buttons\Leaderheads is that what you meant above?
If it is not, I'm really sorry for all this mess, i'll correct the path exactly like you said.Thanks a lot!

edit:I do apologise it was a very stupid mistake of mine, I put all the leaderheads into the button folder where also has a folder called civilizations.
I changed to Interface and now everything works well.It's my first attempt to make a mod, so I'm very sorry for all this.Thanks a lot!

No, I created a directory that is: MyCivs\Assets\Art\Interface\Buttons\Leaderheads is that what you meant above?
If it is not, I'm really sorry for all this mess, i'll correct the path exactly like you said.Thanks a lot!

edit:I do apologise it was a very stupid mistake of mine, I put all the leaderheads into the button folder where also has a folder called civilizations.
I changed to Interface and now everything works well.It's my first attempt to make a mod, so I'm very sorry for all this.Thanks a lot!

hey no problem... I knew it was a semantic mistake :rolleyes:

Im just glad you got it working.... :goodjob:

yeah you could just make the tagline point to that folder called civilizations if you wanted to... but it's the same either way...

no need to confuse you any more :D

let me know if you need anymore help! ;)

I'm sorry the gray box that says do I want to send the error reports

well alot of times when the game crashes there is an image (.dds file) that is wrong format/type

the hitler mod may have errors or not compatible with the version of the civ4 game you are using...

can you add anything else that may help in solving your problem?

Well done man. I really liked this post. I couldn´t manage the flags but I could steal other civs one =P . I could finally load an Image (in .dds) for my new Leader =D ... I'll give a try to the buttons right now. Thanks a lot ;)

Hey!! You did my day man :p ... I finally could finish my flag. Just couldn´t adjust it but soon I realized I had to fit the layer to the image :crazyeye: .
Thanks a lot. :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob:

Hey!! You did my day man :p ... I finally could finish my flag. Just couldn´t adjust it but soon I realized I had to fit the layer to the image :crazyeye: .
Thanks a lot. :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob:

great to hear :goodjob:

let me know if you need any other help! ;)

oh im confused when i search xml leaderheads and stuff like that it only says:

this folder is empty

what do i do

oh im confused when i search xml leaderheads and stuff like that it only says:

this folder is empty

what do i do

where are you searching?

are you searching the main civ4 folder or the expansion

the xml files should be in the

civ4/Assets/XML Folder

well i only have a folder saying Sid Meiers Civilization 4
none calleed plain civ 4

well i only have a folder saying Sid Meiers Civilization 4
none calleed plain civ 4

same difference

look in that folder for assets/xml folder

How do I create the "personality" of a leader?

How do I create the "personality" of a leader?

I think your looking for this file:

CIV4LeaderHeadInfos.xml

it is in your CIV4[Main Folder]\Assets\XML\Civilizations folder

hope that helps ;)

Originally Posted by Officer Reene
CIV4LeaderHeadInfos.xml
Hey, thanks! This'll be a huge help!

I have a problem with a mod I made, in which every time I load the mod the following two errors come up:

error locating tag node in setglobalclassinfo function Current xml file is: civilizations/CIV4Civilizationinfos.xml

Tag: Civilization in info class was incorrect current xml file is Interface/CIV4worldpickerinfos.xml

Any one have any ideas?

When will the XML text link be fixed?

Top Bottom