Where can I find the 0.30 "k" patch?

Llewen

Warlord
I'm in the middle of a terrific game, but I've come up against a bit of a bug that I hear was fixed in patch "k". I've downloaded 0.31 with patch "c", but I don't want to lose this game so I'd like to finish it. Is there somewhere I can download patch "k" for 0.30?

If your bug is in the .31c game, then patch k won't help you out. It would only help you for the bug in general, and only in .30. Whatever the problem is it ought to be solved in .31 if it was already solved in .30k.

EDIT: If still available, the patch K is found here

I guess I wasn't clear. I'm playing an 0.30g game. I've come up against the bug where the Lunan can't build their champion units. I can't continue this game with 0.31, so if I'm going to have this bug fixed, I need to get the "k" patch for 0.30, and I'd like to know if it is available for download somewhere, or if someone can you can email it to me at olstairsatnospamrogersdotcom (take out the nospam). I did a lot of looking through the forums but couldn't find it anywhere.

Pretty sure that Patch K will break a savegame from g though. So it still won't help you.

Both Patch i and Patch k probably will actually - good point.

Which bugfix is it that you are after Llewen? The only option may be to make a custom patch that includes just that fix.

All you really need t do if all you care about is building Boarding Parties is edit that unit's entry in C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Fall from Heaven 2 031\Assets\XML\Units\CIV4UnitInfos.xml. You could just change the building prereq from BUILDING_HARBOR to BUILDING_HARBOR_LANUN, or you could do what Kael did and remove this prereq, replacing it with a buildingclass prereq (BUILDINGCLASS_HARBOR) (which in in a different tag lower down in the xml defines, because it is a tag Kael made and he wants to keep things organized so the vanilla tags are all together. Easier for those who want to borrow things I guess.)

Great, I chose to protect the file... Is there any way to load a protected game when you've changed an asset? oh silly me...

Just unprotect it? (Right click, choose properties, unselected Protect...)

Got a feeling he means locked assets rather than write-protected/read-only. In that case, I don't believe that there is a way to do it.

Ya, locked assets... Sometimes I'm not very bright... Oh well, thanks for the help, I guess I'll just start a new game with 0.31c...

See the real bugger was, I managed to get Acheron and I could probably wipe the floor with everyone on my continent. I'm so far ahead of all the opponents that I'm virtually a lock to win, which would be the first win I've had with FfH. I probably don't need the boarding parties, it's just annoying that's all...

Yep, apparently it does... I had to restore the original file before I could open the game.

If you set locked assets I thought it just disabled placing things with Worldbuilder. It also checks your files for validity/changes as well?

It checksums the Assets folder at game start and adds it to the save-game.

See the real bugger was, I managed to get Acheron and I could probably wipe the floor with everyone on my continent. (...)
With Acheron?
I subdued this beast in my current game (0.31c), and discovered that it had 0 for moving! In other words, it was not able to move from the city/square I took it!
... which is a pity because having Acheron was a nice cherry on the cake, at some point even better than having the bonus from its lair...:sad:

There is a trick to that. You beat it down with a whole mess of weak units, and it will gain experience, so when you capture it, you can give it the mobility promotion. You have to make sure you have the technology that allows that promotion first though.

There is a trick to that. You beat it down with a whole mess of weak units, and it will gain experience, so when you capture it, you can give it the mobility promotion. You have to make sure you have the technology that allows that promotion first though.

This works, but I think a lot of people view it as an 'exploit'. The reason that Acheron was given a movement rate of 0 was to prevent human players from forming up an army to capture him, and then unleashing him; this tactic is well beyond the ability of the AI to figure out. So he was given a movement of 0. Giving speed upgrades, then, defeats the reason that Acheron was given 0 movement.

Best wishes,

Breunor

Ya, if he was given movement he would utterly destroy anything in his path. He tends to appear quite early in the game, and at that point there would simply be no defence against him. What I would like to see is him have access to the highest mobility promotions as well. It doesn't really fit that he can only waddle around with one movement. There are other very powerful pieces in the game as well, so being able to subdue him isn't unbalanced.

Top Bottom