Ingame Editor

Not sure if I've said it before, but thanks for great mods like IGE and Reseed!:goodjob:

Hello everyone.

@m00s3yliam
You change acquire a city's ownership under the city panel. If you want to give it to another player, first select this player on the top right. As for spawning new civs (including city states) during the course of the game, civ5 does not allow this.

@meniman
I suggest you try to repair you steam install. Right-click the game, "local files", "check cache integrity". If it does not fix your problem, then I guess it's caused by another mod. Also some users had a similar problem with some pirate versions.

@Question
* Regarding the crash when playing another civ, this is a civ5 bug, nothing I can fix.
* Regarding the bug with communitas, only the communitas team can fix it: the problem lies in their tool tips logic and would also appear without IGE when trying to view some tooltips.
* It is not possible to spawn religious units because civ5 does not offer mods a way to specify their religions. Civ5 can cheat with other units by actually buying them. Expansions are barely moddable.

So, I was wondering if there is any way to get the IGE an option for a slimmed down menu? It is kind of bulky at it's current size.
Question withdrawn after quick review of the first page.

hey dude, i picked up a small issue, I put Gold, Silver and Gems near some hills, so that can mine them as the damn map did not put much near me. However when I do it, its not reflecting on the trade menu when want to trade resources with other civs

I did the same for truffles and few others and it works well, just that did not, please also know that I had initially a mine constructed here already. Before I put the gold.

One of my friends has a mac and his version is torrented and he wants me to fix it but his says "InvalidVersionNumber" and that is stopping him from clicking any buttons on the menu and he and i have no idea how to fix it But this only happens when he tries to activate the mod button. Help?

Moderator Action: I'm sorry but we cannot help. This site has a zero tolerance policy for piracy. If his version is a torrent download, it is pirated software. Please see the quote from the site rules below.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889
Piracy
We have zero tolerance for piracy. This includes posting pirated material, linking to pirated material, telling people how to avoid copy-protection etc, or even advocating piracy. We also consider "abandonware" to be piracy, as it has no official legal recognition. Please do not link to abandonware sites. Posting links to warez sites and program cracks (including no-CD crack) are not allowed on the forum. Anyone found guilty of participating in piracy activity on the forum will be punished.

hey dude, i picked up a small issue, I put Gold, Silver and Gems near some hills, so that can mine them as the damn map did not put much near me. However when I do it, its not reflecting on the trade menu when want to trade resources with other civs

I did the same for truffles and few others and it works well, just that did not, please also know that I had initially a mine constructed here already. Before I put the gold.

In my experience, if the hill is already mined, it cannot be changed. I have tried to increase the amount of iron from a mined hill before and it did not work, but if you find a random hill, add iron to it (or whatever you want) and then add the mine improvement to it, it should work just fine.

I've got a problem with the IGE.

The game starts and play without problem, but when i quit and try to load the game crash without any message just freeze.

Somebody can help me if that issue?

IGE is the only mod i'm using.

Great Mod! Thanks DonQuiche

Question: Does the mod create multiple copies of map files or map-type files?

I have three items in C:\Users\Owner\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\Maps

"Babyloiois.Civ5Map," "Motsomi Gare.Civ5Map," "Ocean with Climate Ruler.Civ5Map"

However, when I get into the Game Setup, map selection window, I have about 8 or 9 repeated entries of the "Babyloiois" map. I'm confident it has something to do with either editing maps in the IGE or reusing the same name in the WorldBuilder. I had many more maps that showed up in my maps directory, but I deleted the extranneous ones. That reduced the number of entries of "Babyloi" in the in game window from about 15 to 8, but I cannot figure out where the other excess versions are hiding.

In the event it clarifies my issues at all, here is a thread I posted about this a while back:
Problems with Custom Maps Not Showing in Game Setup

Remove the mine, add the gold, then put the mine back in place.

In my experience, if the hill is already mined, it cannot be changed. I have tried to increase the amount of iron from a mined hill before and it did not work
That has been my experience as well. The mine needs to be removed first. After this, the quantity of iron can be changed and the mine restored.

I haven't tested it with the civ mod that gave me this issue, but deleting the cache and ModUserData folder seemed to get rid of the problem.

Hello DonQuiche, I am a big fan of your mods (InGame Editor and the reseed mod), I have a question. Are you planning on releasing this mod to Beyond Earth? I will be very happy if you consider it, your work is very appriciated by a lot of CIV players as me.

Take your time and thanks for your hard work on CIV5 mods!

hey DonQuiche, if you have not read my PM, I'll say it here... Are you going to make this ingame editor work for civilization Beyond Earth as well? I could really use a mod like this over on Beyond Earth.

I asked him a few posts earlier, he said no.

Edit: Which after looking around the BE forums is disappointing because apparently BE is very similar to Civ5 under the hood. I wouldn't know because I am a complete novice with Civ5 modding, that's what seems to be the word over there. If by some miracle you could copy and paste the folder from Sid Meier's Civilization 5/mods to Sid Meier's Civilization Beyond Earth/mods and have it work to mostly work I would be so damn happy.

Still, it's DonQuiche's decision. Unless he wishes to bring it to BE or have someone else take over with his permission his choice should be respected.

Top Bottom