TheSuperDodo's Hylian Kingdom Civilization Mod

TheSuperDodo

Unsettler
NOTE! THIS MOD WAS MADE IN VANILLA, FOR VANILLA. IT WASN'T TESTED FOR ANY EXPANSION PACK, BUT SHOULD WORK.

TheSuperDodo's Kingdom of Hyrule Civilization

This is a mod that adds the Kingdom of Hyrule from the The Legend of Zelda game series as an in-game civilization, led by Princess Zelda.

So far I haven't got much, just the basics, and a not-really-unique Unit (it's just the unit from Kael's Guide.)

The following is what I've got:​
Spoiler :

UB: Temple of Time: Replaces the Temple. Provides +2 :c5happy: Happiness in addition to the temple's +3 :c5culture: Culture.
UA: Triforce: Provides +1 :c5culture: Culture and +1 :c5production: Production per city. Also gives units a +25% damage bonus against cities. (Culture - Wisdom, Production - Power, Siege - Courage. I chose Culture for Wisdom because wise people in Hyrule are often related to Religion, the Sages etc.)
UU: I don't really have one as of now. Any ideas would be awesome :3

Also comes with custom music!​

Spoiler :

Link to video. Hyrule Field Main Theme - The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (Peace Music)

Link to video. Main Theme (The Legend of Zelda) - Super Smash Bros. Brawl (War Music)

(The Youtube feature didn't work; if any mod knows how to fix it please do)

Also, New World Wonder!

Statue of the Goddess

Grants +50% :c5culture: Culture and a free policy.​

So yeah. If you got something to say 'bout it, how to balance it better, ideas, please do :)
I could have done so much more if I had access to Expansion Packs, Religion and Faith but I'm kinda low on funds right now :( I am planning to buy them, and then I'll upgrade the mod a bit :goodjob:

I also thought now of a Link Unique Great Person or something because I still don't have anything that has to do with him and he is a very important Hylian. Anybody has any ideas for what he could be/knows how to code a new GP?

(The Youtube feature didn't work; if any mod knows how to fix it please do)
'cuz you accidentally included "Hyrule" and "Main" in the URL. Take that out and it should work fine.

i.e. you have the link written like this in your post:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gjb...[/ URL] Hyrule (ignore the space in [/ URL])

'cuz you accidentally included "Hyrule" and "Main" in the URL. Take that out and it should work fine.

i.e. you have the link written like this in your post:

[URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gjbi2w81zB8Hyrule[/URL]
when it should be:
[URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gjbi2w81zB8[/URL] Hyrule

No need for the space, just use [plain][/plain] (see the result above).

Before I comment the mod itself, I should mention that I haven't played vanilla for a long time. Therefore all I am about to say is based on memory and checking wiki.

Right now your UA seems to be a direct upgrade on France's ability. Also I feel that +2:c5production: per city might be a little bit overpowered on its own right in the early game. I would recommend halving the bonus to 1:c5culture:1:c5production: per city: this would brought its power down and differentiate your civ from France.

As for the extra combat strenght against cities, I do not remember vanilla version well enough to say how well this kind of bonus works with 10HP-system. You just have to test it in practice.

The UB seems to be pretty similar to Egypt and Songhai's temple replacements, but it should be different enough to stand on its own.

Unfortunately I don't really have any ideas for UU. Sorry about that.

Hopefully this helps and good luck:).

Okay, thanks! I will update the UA as you said.
About the combat bonus vs cities, it's basically a copy of the Siege upgrade most units can already have.
I do know that not many people play Vanilla, but I'm buying Gods & Kings soon so I'll be able to check on stuff there. The main aspect of GaK that could help me is Religion and Faith, as the Hylians have a very religion-based culture.

Top Bottom