Frequently Asked Questions

Good idea. That is really what I was going for. It would be really nice to be able to filter by name, civ, unitclass, starting promotions, world units, national units, costs, level, wonders, national wonders, resource requirements, prerequisite techs, prerequisite buildings, etc. I'm sure this is probably possible, but very difficult. It might be best to wait until the game moves to BtS, in case Fireaxis changes the worldbuilder code somehow.

kael, you said you could make marshland with a rescource, terrain, and bonus feature, so why haven't you taken out pearls and put in marsh yet? : P

(its a very "dynamic" addition to gameplay, though you may need to fix the combat odds for ships vs land units)

kael, you said you could make marshland with a rescource, terrain, and bonus feature, so why haven't you taken out pearls and put in marsh yet? : P

(its a very "dynamic" addition to gameplay, though you may need to fix the combat odds for ships vs land units)

I dont like the messiness of requiring a special feature, bonus and terrain in a tile to create a marsh. If I can figure out a way to do it without the bonus I may add them.

I dont like the messiness of requiring a special feature, bonus and terrain in a tile to create a marsh. If I can figure out a way to do it without the bonus I may add them.

i assume adding a tile passable by domain_land and domain_water units would be too messy?, as being passable to both is a property restricted to cities (and buggy with hn)...

its unfortunate "cannot enter x tile" is ignored in friendly cultural borders...
could "can enter x tile be implemented for both ships and land units?

Is there any bonus in getting multiple sources of the same mana? Like 2 or 3 nature manas, other then trading of course.

Is there any bonus in getting multiple sources of the same mana? Like 2 or 3 nature manas, other then trading of course.

adepts built while you control 2 scources of a certain mana will start with the 1st promotion,
and with three, will start with the 2nd promotion(can't use till they get upgraded)
-this doesn't carryover for the 4th mana because in the current spell promotion format, mages would be able to cast arcmage level spells, and cannot be inherintly changed without adding another promotion entirely.

adepts built while you control 2 scources of a certain mana will start with the 1st promotion,
and with three, will start with the 2nd promotion(can't use till they get upgraded)
-this doesn't carryover for the 4th mana because in the current spell promotion format, mages would be able to cast arcmage level spells, and cannot be inherintly changed without adding another promotion entirely.
k Thsnks! ^^

why, wouldn't they need channelling 3 to cast third level spells ?

I really don't know where to post this...

what are your plans regarding unique buildings for the next patches and the last phase? like.. would you still consider new (even minor) ideas or the buildings part is "done"?

not like the Memorial (which is "new"), but buildings like the Duns replacing Walls for the Celts in vanilla, which gives the defensive bonus + guerrilla promotion. kinda overpowered but it's just an example...for me anything that is added to make FfH more unique is welcome, but I'm just a player :lol:

I'm asking because the Design: Buildings thread's last post is from October 2006...

I have been away from Civ and FFH2 for a very long time and right now I want to download the latest version and start playing again. One problem I have is that I dont know what version the game currently is in.

Is the latest version 0.21 patch f??

Well a suggestion is to add, here in the FFH2 Faqs, the current mod patch number and version.
Example:
Its all so confusing with thounsands of post, what the current version of the game? Patch or no patch?
The current version for FFH2 is x.XX, patch number X

I really don't know where to post this...

what are your plans regarding unique buildings for the next patches and the last phase? like.. would you still consider new (even minor) ideas or the buildings part is "done"?

not like the Memorial (which is "new"), but buildings like the Duns replacing Walls for the Celts in vanilla, which gives the defensive bonus + guerrilla promotion. kinda overpowered but it's just an example...for me anything that is added to make FfH more unique is welcome, but I'm just a player :lol:

I'm asking because the Design: Buildings thread's last post is from October 2006...

We are definitly still open to new ideas. About the only thing that is locked in FfH is that we won't add new civs, we wont add spell spheres that arent in the design doc, and we probably wont add more leaders. Everything else is open for discussion.

I have been away from Civ and FFH2 for a very long time and right now I want to download the latest version and start playing again. One problem I have is that I dont know what version the game currently is in.

Is the latest version 0.21 patch f??

Well a suggestion is to add, here in the FFH2 Faqs, the current mod patch number and version.
Example:
Its all so confusing with thounsands of post, what the current version of the game? Patch or no patch?
The current version for FFH2 is x.XX, patch number X
0.21f is the most recent one - the most recent release is always in the first post of the bugs thread.

wuhaaa great mod!

And here`s my little question...
Some civ are not playable right? Is there any chance to get them into the game or get them set in a custom game?

thx

wuhaaa great mod!

And here`s my little question...
Some civ are not playable right? Is there any chance to get them into the game or get them set in a custom game?

thx

at this point- i think most civs are playable, but not all of them are complete
(and basium+hyborem come into the game in a special way)

thx for the answer
but I was searching for a way to set for example the dark elves(?) up in a custom game. Ok no problem if a civ`s not playable but I like to set them for enemies at the start..... sers

You can make them playable by changing the 0 in the bPlayable row in that civ's column to a 1, but don't expect these civs to be as interesting, since they aren't done yet. They should be quite nice in Shadow.

Top Bottom