FfH 2 Manual

I demand: upgrade FROM information; there is info "upgrade to" e.g. ritualist-eidolon but I'd like to see e.g. "beast of agares" upgrade from.

It is pretty boring to scroll through units "can I upgrade them to beast of agares?"

But overall this manual is irreplacable because of FFH is so different from BtS. :goodjob:

If you didn't know, this thread is linked on the front page of penny-arcade today:

"There is a tutorial for Cryptic Comet's Solium Infernum that has been making the rounds, and it is marvelous in the way that the Fall From Heaven II manual is, and the Arcanum manual was: as lozenges of raw, self-contained, context-independent entertainment. That it teaches you the proper turn sequence in Hell is appreciated, Hellish protocols are bewildering for the uninitiated, but it stands on its own as a barbed parcel of metafiction."

That is freaking awesome, almost enough to make me want to update this thing (I do feel guilty that it is out of date, but honestly haven't the time to work on it any longer, even if there was such a hefty change released as to make it obsolete). Never thought someone who reads my stuff would put out things that I in turn read ;)

Though I wonder in what way precisely this manual itself manages to be context independent, let alone entertaining :)

pretty sure the manual is still 99% up to date. I really enjoyed it, I also think it looks better than a wiki.

I think it's cool, that somebody even wrote such extensive manual, not even talking about updating it.

Indeed, the manual has been incredibly useful to me ever since I started playing FFH2 - and it's still teaching me new things every time I play! (I almost always have it open in the background so I can check things as I go along.) So a hearty thanks to those who put it together, for putting so much time and effort into it. :)

Xienwolf, I'm sure you're used to hearing this, but THANK YOU for all the hard work you put into this manual! It clearly is a labor of love.

I have just now gotten back around to my Civ 4 addiction the past couple of months, not knowing how huge and deep a game FFH2 was. I thought that "Age of Ice" was Fall from Heaven! (Am I the only one?)

Anyway, have you thought of making the original page-design file publicly available? (For example, in Quark or InDesign format? I don't know which program you used.) I know you're very busy yourself and so can't complete it, but there are many other dedicated fans out there, and some completists who are among them, and I would think someone would want to continue where you left off.

Just an idea :)

I had used Open Office in the end, and then some touching up in Adobe Acrobat for the links to work properly. The files are too large to host here on CFC, and any other location I host at will remove the file after some period of time, thus meaning a broken link that people have to request a refresh on sadly.

I've been greatly enjoying the immersion experience (not sure it's appropriate to call it 'playing a game') that Wildmana seems to be, and this manual is an essential guide. But I see that it's supposed to be possible for "any melee unit, archer, or ...(some other category I cant recall, but it mentions 'high level units')" to ride them "using the Ride Pegasus ability". Well I've captured a couple and cant figure out how to promote a unit to ride them. I've tried high level units and I'm playing the Grigori. I've found very few references to this in all the threads I've looked in, and it's possible that only the Austrin can ride pegasi but the manual seems to imply otherwise. Does anyone know what the story is here?

I'm playing the latest pre .90 version of Wildmana and it seems stable.

Thanks all.

I think you might be thinking of a different manual. The FfH2 manual doesn't cover Wildmana (although naturally it contains a lot of information that applies to both), and FfH2 doesn't include Pegasi or the Austrin civ.

@Emptiness. Oops, you are correct. I was looking at the civilopedia in Wildmana and in fact Pegasi are not in the FfH2 manual at all, though the manual has been very helpful. All these mods of mods of mods get confusing sometimes. Amazing, but confusing.

FWIW, though the civilopedia in Wildmana suggests otherwise, in fact as far as I can tell, only the Austrin can ride Pegasi in Wildmana.

Any plans for an update to expand the manual in the coming months? Just checking in hopefully. :)

Does anyone know if the original non-PDF files of the manual are available somewhere? I've started modding FFH and I would like the manual to keep up.

Is there anyway I could get the version you can edit by chance? I’m not sure how you included all the special icons etc and would like to add some info to my copy as I’ve updated some things in the game, (my own altered mod basically with some things toned down I thought were way too overpowered or crazy [like pyre zombies etc])
I love your work (one I was creating was way too big as it included a lot of pics) and I would like to just be able to edit it as I make a few minor changes here and there, plus notes and info in places that has none, etc..
If not, that’s cool np. I appreciate all the work you put in, ty

I don't see xienwolf on the discord either... (but the #erebus and the discord haven't had anything to do with FFH since a long time)

Top Bottom