Project SYNTHESIS

when will the non-clever people version come out?

For those of you guys doing the SVN, do you prefer that the 'Orion's Inquisition Mod' popup at the start of the game stay there, or no? It does provide a bit of useful info, so I wasn't sure if you guys wanted to keep it.

Also:

Spoiler SVN :

I haven't yet put the new resources on the map- only the resource spawns.
CityNameManager is still not changed.
Decaying resources will probably tweaked.

Download new version. Just uploaded it. I overlooked having to add the new resources to Consts.py :rolleyes:

Wow! just cant believe u made all these changes in a matter of days :thumbsup:.

Its going to be a bit difficult to place and balance those resources. U might have to add the new resources at the expense of old ones for balancing purposes.

Some minor things u should consider: (shouldnt take u that long)
1. Move the stone in Tisfun one tile west.
2. place wheat one tile west of Tripoli and move the fish one tile North east (out of reach of Tripoli). This way Tripolis is not overpowered but Tunis is still a good spot to settle. (cuz then the 2 cities dont have to share the fish and are neither are overpowered).
3. Please replace Anitoch with Damascus or Aleppo. Anitoch played a really minor role in Medieval Age and afterwards. (tried convincing Leoreth but he thought Damascus isnt a good city spot). Moving resources around will solve the problem (only in 600 ad).

Tibet and korea should perhaps take a backseat to some of the more important spawns that needed.
p.s: Linkman can u plz make another thread for the New civs instead of the wiki page. This way alot more ppl would be able to give feedback (on wikispace only ppl that are really involved with ur mod will give feedback; over here everybody and anybody would be able to help u.

Ah yes right, thanks. So plantations can now be passed by ships as well?

Yes. Personally I don't see an issue with this. I mean, plenty of cities were formerly plantations and plenty of plantations had all the workings of cities.

Couple this with culture generated by improvements (soon to come) and it'll make a lot more sense.

Wow! just cant believe u made all these changes in a matter of days :thumbsup:.

The real :thumbsup: goes to the original modders whose work I borrowed and the creators of Winmerge. Only a little of this was done by my own hand.

Its going to be a bit difficult to place and balance those resources. U might have to add the new resources at the expense of old ones for balancing purposes.

Currently I'm adding the resources in as was done in RFCM:BWS. We'll see how that works out, and then go from there in future releases.

Some minor things u should consider: (shouldnt take u that long)
1. Move the stone in Tisfun one tile west.
2. place wh be shared)eat one tile west of Tripoli and move the fish one tile North east (out of reach of Tripoli). This way Tripolis is not overpowered but Tunis is still a good spot to settle. (cuz then the 2 cities dont have to share the fish and are neither are overpowered).
3. Please replace Anitoch with Damascus or Aleppo. Anitoch played a really minor role in Medieval Age and afterwards. (tried convincing Leoreth but he thought Damascus isnt a good city spot). Moving resources around will solve the problem (only in 600 ad).

'Yes' to all three, at least for the next update, but if that screws anything up, I'm changing stuff around again.

Looking forward to trying this.

Two more ideas I think would be good; implementing the MAD nukes mod: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=168858

Adding Tibet as a minor civ, along with Korea as a full civ

Concerning MAD- I was thinking about this earleir when creating this mod, but I chose not to include it because it's a bit unrealistic to have a nuked city turn to a patch of water.

As for Tibet and Korea, refer to what J. pride said:

Tibet and korea should perhaps take a backseat to some of the more important spawns that needed.

So they're on my agenda. But near the bottom of the list.

p.s: Linkman can u plz make another thread for the New civs instead of the wiki page. This way alot more ppl would be able to give feedback (on wikispace only ppl that are really involved with ur mod will give feedback; over here everybody and anybody would be able to help u.

Yes.

Concerning MAD- I was thinking about this earleir when creating this mod, but I chose not to include it because it's a bit unrealistic to have a nuked city turn to a patch of water.

As for Tibet and Korea, refer to what J. pride said:

Would it be possible to change it, to keep the targeting part and possibly the destruction of the cities, but leave out the part that changes the tiles to water? It's not particularly important but I think it would be fairly cool if something similar could be implemented down the line

Would it be possible to change it, to keep the targeting part and possibly the destruction of the cities, but leave out the part that changes the tiles to water? It's not particularly important but I think it would be fairly cool if something similar could be implemented down the line

This is certainly a viable option. I will have to look into the MAD mod. It may be in a future release then.

when will the non-clever people version come out?

The eleventh, aka, later today

My question earlier went unanswered:
For those of you guys doing the SVN, do you prefer that the 'Orion's Inquisition Mod' popup at the start of the game stay there, or no? It does provide a bit of useful info, so I wasn't sure if you guys wanted to keep it.

I think it doesn't make a difference; after a few versions it wouldnt be needed since everybody will be used the new feature. just keep it for the 2nd version. Then do as u see fit

As for changes regarding damascus, Tripoli and Baghdad; will they be found in todays release or later. Are they difficult to implement??

The second two just require changing resource location so they should be implemented as they would'nt affect gameplay that much.
Baghdad: moving the stone east or west of the city location.
Tripoli: move fish out of Tripolis reach but make it accessible to Tunis city location (perhaps one tile north west; right on top of Tunis). Add a wheat east of Tripoli to balance it). I noticed that my last post had some grammar errors.:lol:

The first change requires u to make a decision on where u want to change the city to (damascus or aleppo). And then u have to move the resources accordingly, research Byzantine name for the cities and finally work out the flips

Additional info to help u decide:
Aleppo: Aleppo was known to antiquity as Khalpe, Khalibon and to the Greeks as Beroea. It was the 3rd largest Byzantine city at one point (anitoch and Canstantinople were bigger. Under the Arabs the city was regional hub but was overshadowed by Damascus; the capital of Arab empire. Under later Turkic dynasties both cities became equal to one another with Aleppo being the center of Northern Syria and Damascus of the South.

Damascus: Was an important regional city under the Byzantines (although not nearly as important as Anitochia and Aleppo). The city gained its prominence after being conquered by the Arabs and becoming the most influential city in the Levant. Over time Damascus lost some of its pristige to cities like Aleppo and tripoli (of Lebanon). But even to this day, Damascus is still considered the cultural capital of greater Syria.

Whichever one of these cities u choose make sure they flip to Turkey (to encourage their conquest into the middle east). Additionaly, you should also try flipping the city to the arabs.

You should try these changes as Svn, see how they work out. Change them as u see fit or even reverse them if nothing else works

p.s : wat do u mean by decaying resources and plantation connect resources

I think it doesn't make a difference; after a few versions it wouldnt be needed since everybody will be used the new feature. just keep it for the 2nd version. Then do as u see fit

That seems like a good idea.

As for changes regarding damascus, Tripoli and Baghdad; will they be found in todays release or later. Are they difficult to implement??

I'll move the stone from Tisfun and do the Tunis/ Tripoli fixes. But I'm not sure if I can move Antioch and redistribute resources in time for my self imposed deadline today.

Additional info to help u decide:
Aleppo: Aleppo was known to antiquity as Khalpe, Khalibon and to the Greeks as Beroea. It was the 3rd largest Byzantine city at one point (anitoch and Canstantinople were bigger. Under the Arabs the city was regional hub but was overshadowed by Damascus; the capital of Arab empire. Under later Turkic dynasties both cities became equal to one another with Aleppo being the center of Northern Syria and Damascus of the South.

Damascus: Was an important regional city under the Byzantines (although not nearly as important as Anitochia and Aleppo). The city gained its prominence after being conquered by the Arabs and becoming the most influential city in the Levant. Over time Damascus lost some of its pristige to cities like Aleppo and tripoli (of Lebanon). But even to this day, Damascus is still considered the cultural capital of greater Syria.

Whichever one of these cities u choose make sure they flip to Turkey (to encourage their conquest into the middle east). Additionaly, you should also try flipping the city to the arabs.

Thanks, this should go in the SVN by tomorrow or the day after; however it won't be in the first release.

p.s : wat do u mean by decaying resources and plantation connect resources

Decaying resources- Resources now decay over time. Over usage leads to exhausting them.

Plantations connect resources- Plantations, like forts, now link resources.

Sorry guys but I wasn't able to meet the deadline. Unfortunately I'm having a couple of weird bugs that I'll need to iron out.

Some map changes:

• Edited 600 AD start to include new resources
  • Added Ath Cliath (Dublin) as an Indie city (600 AD)
  • Removed marsh from Indus River Valley
  • Incorporated Panopticon's Dynamic Terrain mod

And I forgot to mention earlier, but I incorporated (a while back) Panopticon's American Immigration mod (which allows immigrants to bring their religion with them).

How do i turn off the decaying resources? They make reaching 1 billion people pretty much impossible...

How do i turn off the decaying resources? They make reaching 1 billion people pretty much impossible...

First off all, that's only realistic- if you want to reach a population of a billion people in real life you're gonna need to cope with the environmental damage. That doesn't mean not using resources, period, but rather MANAGING them properly. Resources recover over time if you don't let your cities work those tiles.

Secondly, I haven't yet tweaked this component to perfection; this will happen in future releases. I plan on making some more resource spawns to compensate.

If you insist on removing it, I first need to know how much coding skill you have, and how much patience you have.

For the Portuguese & British call the Northern part Jaffna and the Southern part Columbo

Also remember that Ceylon needs a tea resource and spices (cinnamon)

Top Bottom